+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Bob's Burgers     submit to reddit submit to twitter

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

Bob's Burgers

http://tv.ign.com/articles/105/1050720p1.html
    December 1, 2009 - FOX continues to aggressively build their animation slate. The network has ordered thirteen episodes of a new animated series, Bob's Burgers, reports Variety.

The series comes from Loren Bouchard (Dr. Katz) and Jim Dauterive (King of the Hill) and is about "a man who runs a struggling restaurant along with his tightly-wound wife and three underachieving kids."

With most of FOX's animated series focusing on suburban families, Bouchard tells Variety the goal here was also to include a bit of a workplace comedy scenario. He also adds, "It's a little more urban than other shows going on. Bob's Burgers has an outer-borough, Jersey feel to it."

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I happened to catch it after the game last night. I thought it was pretty good actually. The "Child Molester" was great.

Death by snoo snoo
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syntax Error
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

First 10 minutes? Fucking amazing.

Kinda eh after that. It honestly should just be H Jon Benjamin going back and forth with his kids.

we fuckin' stole it man.
    BG Level

There's a restaurant chain where i live called bob's burgers. I actually opened this thread thinking that it was gonna be something about that lol.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

I have to give this show a chance, because I really like everything else H. Jon Benjamin has done, from Dr. Katz to Archer. FOX will find some way to fuck it up, like bump it for preseason baseball or moving it to Friday nights before Fringe or some crap. Looking forward to 1-2 good seasons out of it all the same. First episode was fine and I like most of the characters. The son had better not be that obnoxious the whole season.

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Was honestly disappointed with it. I chuckled at the child molester part, but after 15 minutes I turned it off.

Ridill
    BG Level

Commercials for it all seemed kinda stupid, which made me sad cause I love H. Jon Benjamin. He seems to be quite busy lately. Bob's Burgers, Archer, and he's working on his own show for Comedy Central (which will probably fail like al those other CC shows).

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I need to watch the pilot again, but from what I saw I wasn't too impressed. I want to like it, but it seemed kind of typical Fox cartoon. The voice talent is amazing up and down the board though.

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

child molester and autism jokes were amazing. rest of the shit was terribad.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

as has been said though, some great voice talent so I hope the writing improves

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by tyven View Post
    child molester and autism jokes were amazing. rest of the shit was terribad.
    This. Only part of the show that made me chuckle a bit. Rest of it was horrible.

United States of Smash!
    BG Level

The show was really hit or miss for me. A couple jokes made me really laugh but some parts of the show were really mediocre. The kids were the funniest part.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

has about the same appeal as an average adult swim show. Lots of hit and miss with a meh... filling. I find maybe 1 in 6 new adult swim shows worth watching(sealab, metalocalypse, frisky dingo, robot chicken to name just about all of them) the rest aren't even worth sitting through for 15 minutes waiting for the next show.

So far, this one would be worth sitting through for a couple of eps to get to fam guy or whatever other mcfarlane show is on the other side, but I think i'm gonna be skipping it, along with the rest of the night of shows just like when king of the hill was around, soon enough.

United States of Smash!
    BG Level

It is leaps and bounds better than The Cleveland show imo.

On a side note did anyone else laugh really hard at the scene in the Family Guy that was on after this show where Peter is milking the goat really fast and its udders burst into flame, and then right after Chris goes running by in the background with his crotch engulfed in flames? One of the funniest things I have seen in family guy in a long time.

Pied Piper of the Homos
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

I give this show a season at most. I didn't laugh at all, I tried but it just wasn't there for me.

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

We shut it off after maybe 10-15minutes at the firehouse.

You would think with food, alcohol, and right after a football game it would be pretty easy to enjoy anything. Nope.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

2nd episode was just as lame. Only remotely funny part was the young daughter trolling people with her father as a ghost.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

2nd episode was just as lame
    Yup, I only tuned in for about 5 mins and skipped the rest of the night. I'll watch them later on hulu in a week or two... I like the main character (as a voice actor in a lot of stuff I have liked) but the show stinks. This seems just like Running Wilde. Fox bought it because some big names were involved, it was quickly apparent that it was broken, but they aired it anyways...

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Idk the show had me pretty much rolling the entire time...

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

I appreciate the dryish delivery of H Jon Benjamin and the random kinda dark things the kids will say. I think if its given a chance to find it's stride it could become a great show, but as it is now there are some problems. Still better than Cleveland though.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast