+ Reply to Thread
    New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Northern Estersand access? help...

my progress: at phon coast otw to arcadia - all lvl 33...

K so i accepted the bloodwing hunt- but i cant get to it without a barheim key. to get that i need to complete some dantro's wife quest. The wife wont take my cactus flower for some reason, and i cant go to dantro across the ferry thing because when i goto westersand to get to the northern estersand area, 'there is a fierce sand storm halting me'...

how the hell do i do this?

Tonko

Go to Nalbina. Talk to the woman kneeling down at the corner in front of the guards. Rent a Chocobo. Approach the guards. Watch the scene. Go north into the Mosphoran Highwaste on your choco. Hug your left hand wall.

Poof. North Eastersand.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

thanks and lmao at your avatar!

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

grrr... no one is in there, except a map moogle... wtf

you're actually after that, since the way to mosphoran highwaste is already open to you. As far as I know, you can't reach the northern side until you do the cactuar family quest.

the fierce sandstorm is the Earth Tyrant. need an item from a miniquest to access it

which would also be available after the cactuar family quest. which he can't get access to because he can't give the cactuar flower to dantro's wife. Make sure the cactus flower is still in your key items list. If it isn't, talk to the boy by the ferry to start the cactuar family quest. If it is still there, go back to dantro's wife. If those don't work, you're screwed my friend.

Tonko

First time you go to the North side of the village, no one will be there. Go back to the south end of the village, and talk to the boy who's standing by the boat, which has drifted back. Agree to guard him across, and the rest should be self explanatory.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Re: Northern Estersand access? help...

Quote Originally Posted by Ziphor
    i cant go to dantro across the ferry thing
    Dantro is in Westersand at the Outpost, not in the North Bank village.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

damn.. i got it now, thanks guys - i had to speak to dantro before handing the flowers to the wife.