+ Reply to Thread
    Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

iPod dock station/speaker/clock/radio thing... suggestions?

My laptop's speakers sound like ass, and I hate wearing headphones indoors, unless I'm being a douche bag at work.

I've determined I need one of those iPod dock station/speaker/clock/radio things. I guess the clock and radio features aren't necessary, but most of them seem to come with it.

As far as useage goes, I pretty much want it for my bedroom, and I expect it to be able to fill my room with glorious music of a reasonably loud volume. I'm not looking to piss my housemates off, or have the neighboors call the cops - but I want some decent sound.

I've seen prices range from $40 to $400 on these, and I'm not sure how much more I'll get for my money with a $400 purchase over say... a $100 or $200 one. I'm assuming most of the ones going for $40 either stop working or have tinny or echoy sound.

A friend suggested getting one of the towers and hooking it to my TV, but I really don't have room for that.

So I'm basically looking for suggestions. If anyone has any, it's appreciated.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

If all you need is speakers and don't care about the clock and radio, why not just skip the dock station and get a pair of speakers? It'd be a lot cheaper.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

I use one of these. The volume is reasonable for listening to music, sound quality isn't total ass and does decently enough for an alarm clock, though I haven't used it as one very much. Doesn't break the bank either.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kurai View Post
    I use one of these. The volume is reasonable for listening to music, sound quality isn't total ass and does decently enough for an alarm clock, though I haven't used it as one very much. Doesn't break the bank either.

Check the company iLuv ... I have the internet no-dock radio, but they have an HD dock one as well.