Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
    CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

admantoise soup/gallard trousers

I currently have a soup and was wondering how hard the bugard is to defeat. Alla has tons of different responses and i dont trust most advice coming from the boards anyways. Has anyone here attempted or actually defeated this NM?

If so what was the party setup?
    How long did it take to defeat?
    Is it worth my time getting the trousers for my nin or bst?

Any advice would be great so i can set up a run with my ls. Thank you in advance.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

My advice: It's fucking terrible, don't do it.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Just have to kill it before it buffs the hell up.

Have melees TP on surrounding mobs, swap them in for SC, BLMs MB, die. Rinse, wash, repeat.

I agree it can be terrible... Our first try, we had to give up (I don't think it's possible to wipe to the damn thing), because it buffed up so much we couldn't do any damage to it... Second try we killed it pretty quickly.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Setup massive Distortion or Light SC and unleash massive MBs on him, and pray he doesn't do magic def up. We did this a fews ago and ended up 2/5 on him just because he became impossible to damage. If he isn't dead in five minutes you just have to wait/pray for him to get sick of his soup and hope you can do enough damage in time.

We used a strategy of just fighting him in the shack, but other people think its better to fight him away from the shed so you have time inbetween his buffs.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

http://www.theorderls.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4771

lol @ Alina's photobucket bandwith exceeded!

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Cantide
    My advice: It's fucking terrible, don't do it.

We did this a while back and the first time was a bit iffy since we weren't 100% sure of how to tackle him.

- stand down in the gully...do not have your party / alliance stand and fight him near the pop area...this does not give the nins or mages timmers to cool down and also the melee to get tp. Our first time we poped him...we stood near the hut and it was just a big mess.
    - We had a few plds on the side hording mobs near by so melee could get tp easily.
    - Kurrea is poped and ran off the cliff to middle of gully.
    - NINs voke and you pop your first SC. BLMS mb and Kurrea will take off and run back to the hut to drink his soup.
    - melee get tp, mages rest rinse and repeat...don't follow him...just let him run back to the hut and then he'll come back for your ass after he drinks the soup. By the time he runs back to you...his defensive boost should be gone or almost gone.

- NIN tank is great, we had two nin's with enmity gear fighting for hate, spirits within for first ws then whatever after.
    - get your melee to 300% tp before popping him
    - near the end of the fight the blms have alot of hate so you'll wanna take him out quick at the end...unless you have alot of blms and swap them in and out then the hate won't be as bad.

Very easy fight once you get the strat down. Hope it helps.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Thanks for the replys guys. All great info. Now all i gotta do is get my ls to do it after dynamis one day loooool.