+ Reply to Thread

Thread: lolHalo 3     submit to reddit submit to twitter

lolHalo 3

According to this Game Informer magazine bungie is not working on any Halo 3 game. The retail stores put out that info about Halo 3 to get the hype up so they could sell well since they speculated one would be made.

In reality Bungie is working on a new game called Forerunner (which really, according to the magizine, might as well be called Halo 3). Wonder if Forerunner will continue the same plot as Halo 1 and 2 or if it'll be something completely different (though it looks like masterchief is still there but that might not mean much.. back when Bungie was a macintosh only company they made a game call Marathon and the hero in that game looked a lot like master chief).

so.. anyone else heard anything about this?

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

They better fucking continue the story line or Bungie better DIAF.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

Re: lolHalo 3

Quote Originally Posted by Elemmire
    Wonder if Forerunner will continue the same plot as Halo 1 and 2
    We can only hope that it doesn't.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Actually, I hope it does Russta... I just don't want that gay shit they pull at the end of each game so far. I WANT CLOSURE DAMMIT!

Quote Originally Posted by Okan
    Actually, I hope it does Russta... I just don't want that gay shit they pull at the end of each game so far. I WANT CLOSURE DAMMIT!
    Closure is pretty nice but open endings can be cool too. If done well.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Open endings can be cool as long as it's not 3 years between each game.
    Sup Xenosaga.

Xavier

I can assure you, Microsoft isn't going to let Bungie not make Halo 3. Halo is the game that sold the Xbox. They don't have a bunch of fking retards running the company.

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier
    I can assure you, Microsoft isn't going to let Bungie not make Halo 3. Halo is the game that sold the Xbox. They don't have a bunch of fking retards running the company.
    Nail. Head.

Bungie not making Halo 3 = failure, no one is that stupid.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

I'm gonna slap Bill Gates myself if that doesn't happen. No idea how I'll do it, but itll be done, damnit.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

Quote Originally Posted by Makaze
    I'm gonna slap Bill Gates myself if that doesn't happen. No idea how I'll do it, but itll be done, damnit.
    Pies work just fine.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Russta
    Quote Originally Posted by Makaze
    Pies work just fine.
    e

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

ROFL

Anyone who's played Mario Kart DS can appriciate how fucking awesome the above comic strip is XD

Xavier

Comic strip owns.

What month is the issue?

Anyone who's played Mario Kart DS can appriciate how fucking awesome the above comic strip is XD
    The blue spiked shell was in the original N64 Mario Kart too... (for those who don't know, the blue shell goes for the character currently in first place

And it's true I just got the April issue today and it does mention this, and not as an April Fools joke (that section is much later). But they speculate this "Forerunner" game might be Halo 3.

"We're told the game's storyline will delve into the origins of the Forerunners, the long-absent, technologically advanced civilization that inspired the Covenant's Great Journey."

But the entire article comes from GI's "sources" and is just rumor.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

Quote Originally Posted by zakhiel
    The blue spiked shell was in the original N64 Mario Kart too... (for those who don't know, the blue shell goes for the character currently in first place
    Oh yeah, I know, I've played all but the GameCube versions of Mario Kart to death. The thing is in the DS version it feels so cheap and it's the AI's version of catching up to you. You get in first place and you are going to get whacked by a blue spiked shell. In the N64 they literally just cheated and sped up to catch you lol.