Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Day>Moon Phase?     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Day>Moon Phase?

I was at a dilema late last night, I had noticed that a certain item was sold out on the AH and I could make some gil crafting the item. Only problem was I had just missed lightsday.
    The moon phase when I checked it was at 10% and rising, I had 2 options, craft the item now for the lower moon phase or wait until the next lightsday.
    I decided to hold off till the next lightsday to craft, which turned out to make the moon phase 40%.

This got me thinking is the Elemental Day > Moon Phase when crafting?

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Re: Day>Moon Phase?

Quote Originally Posted by verity from KI
    Verity-
    Some ppl might think this sounds completely stupid, but DO NOT wear headgear unless it is glasses for guild. ALWAYS wear the opposite element staff compared to your synth crystal(For example: Earth crystal wear Wind Staff, Wind Crystal wear Ice Staff). DIRECTION, this is a must!!!!! Face the direction of the opposite element for the crystal your using(Earth crystal face Wind direction: SE).DAY, always synth on either Darksday or the opposite element of your crystal (Earth crystal: Winds Day). If you guys disaggree with this guide, I'm sorry, everyone has their opinions. This has worked for me, it may work for you^^;
    Also I have verified that not wearing pants IRL improves my teir 0 HQ by 5%

Quote Originally Posted by ulmo
    when desynthing subligar use water energy in the mog house and don't wear pants...yes this worked wonderfully for 90+ synths until i failed 15/18 shortly after using the same methods.

-if a synth has subcrafts always place the subcraft materials in the bottom 4 boxes and the main craft materials in the upper 4 boxes of the synthing grid. on a similar note: if a synth has stackable items that are used in quantities of more than one per synth, and if there is enough room, manually unstack the materials and give each it's own individual box in the crafting grid. also, for big synths such as let's say, a noble's tunic...place the valuable ingredient (the shining cloth in this case) into one of the 4 middle boxes of the grid and "pad" it by surrounding it with the cheaper, easier-to-let-go ingredients. (editor notes: maybe I should just bold everything here)

-when trying to sign a difficlut tier1 or tier0 synth for yourself it does well to buy the hq crystals for your attempt several months in advance. store them in your home city's storage for 2-3 months giving the crystals time to ferment...the longer you wait the better chance you have at getting that rare signed hq that you so desire, so be patient!

-fool the game: obviously se has designed this game to where players need to rely on others to progress. we must form decently balanced pts for almost all experience ventures, we must team up with many others to get most of the best end-game items, and as crafters we must rely on others to supply us with the materials we need to have fun and to be able to synth that which we want. taking this into consideration, it is only natural that any luck you may have been saving for yourself is destined only to be wasted on others...thus we must fool the game! if someone you really don't like all that much or perhaps someone you don't even know requests a synth from you, chances are you will hq the fuck out of that synth only to be obligated to hand it over to a stranger. if you buy the materials with your own gil and have a good go at it not only once, but ten or even twenty times more than likely you will not hq the synth a single time and if it is an expensive endeavor you will surely critical fail atleast 20% of those that you tried. the solution is simply to trade the ingredients to a friend and have them zone about a few times. once they have returned they will request the synth of you proclaiming that these are indeed their own materials and definately not yours. using this method you are sure to find many more personal happy endings to your own crafting ventures.

the elements:

-days and their effects on hq rate: if the moon is waxing and is above 50% but not yet a fullmoon, synth on the day of your crystal. if the moon is full, synth the day preceeding that of your crystal (for an earth synth this is firesday). if the moon is waning and not full but remains above 50% then synth on the day that your crystal is weak to (for an earth synth this is windsday). if the moon is waxing or waning and is below 50% and is not in the stages of the new moon then synth on the day that is weak to the day preceeding the day of your crystal (for an earth synth this would be iceday). if the moon is new, synth on lightsday or darksday only depending on your crystal and how your element corresponds in level 3 skillchains: dark elements synth on darksday, light elements on lightsday.

-direction and its effect on hq rate: contrary to popular belief this has nothing at all to do with the crystal you are using...it is based upon in-game time of day. 0:00-3:00 face north, 3:00-6:00 face northwest, 6:00-9:00 face west, 9:00-12:00 face southwest, 12:00-15:00 face south, 15:00-18:00 face southeast, 18:00-21:00 face east, and 21:00-0:00 face northeast.

-in-game time of year and its effects on hq rate: winter in-game calendar is good for earth and lightning synths, spring is good for water and fire, summer is good for dark and light, and in-game autumn is good for ice and wind synths.

-+/- elemental resistance and their effects on hq rate: this only concerns main characters since mules don't really have access to this equipment or to barspells. first, always use the the same elemental staff as the crystal you are using. second, ribbons aren't useless!...green, black, purple, scarlet, and even blue ribbons do have an impact according to which race your character is, unfortunately i choose to keep this information to myself for the time-being so you'll need to do your own research. as far as +/- resistance jewelery and other armor goes i really haven't gotten around to testing their affects. barspells seem to help only for not failing a synth of that same element.

-moghouse: elemental energy in your moghouse does impact the results of synthesis. more data is needed to confirm what type of element works best for optimal hq rate.
    se has shown through previous instances such as the easter egg celebration and the strange apparatus passwords that a character's name does indeed impact certain in-game events. based on the information that i have been given i have developed a system that also assigns players a customized "lucky item."

using an alphabetical code where each roman letter represents a particular number ranging from 1 to 26, it is possible to pinpoint the correct item for each character's name. the system is quite simple: A=26, B=25, C=24, etc...ending finally with Z=1.

using this code, find the values which represent both the first and third letters of your character's name and then add them together to produce a single sum which at its highest can be 52 and at it's lowest can be 2. this is very significant because 52 also happens to be the number of playing cards contained in a full deck. this is why the cardian card items were put into the game. and since the number "1" cannot be achieved, therefore leaving us with 1 card which cannot be assigned a number...the only truly useful card, the "ten of coins" used in the opo crown quest will be thrown out of this equation.

values of cards are foremost assigned using suits, and secondly assigned using their numerical values within the deck (aces being lowest and kings being the highest):

suit order from lowest to highest is: batons > coins > cups > swords

numerical assignment begins with 2 and each card is assigned from lowest to highest value.

example:

2 = ace of batons
    3 = two of batons
    52 = king of swords
    (remember to exclude the ten of coins)

so using the letters in my name ULMO: U=6 and M=14, 6+14=20...so the personal value for my name "Ulmo" is "20" which means that my "lucky item" card is the "six of coins" card.

i hope this has answered any of your "lucky item" questions so that in the future i won't receive so many /tells about it.
    Ulmo verifies that wearing no pants in game improves HQ rates. So therefore using the formula of HQ = Tier# * [No pants IRL - Pants in game] * (Moon Phase - Weather) + Lucky Item = Base HQ rate. Eating meat has been shown to create more HQ (but more breaks, kinda like how you hit harder but miss more). Eating Sushi creates more nonHQ but less chance to HQ. Eating defensive food is just stupid, PLD's shouldnt be tanking or crafting in xp parties.

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

-fool the game:
    I fool the game with a mean crossover and it helps me to HQ.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

I think I actually lost brain cells reading that...

Re: Day>Moon Phase?

Ulmo verifies that wearing no pants in game improves HQ rates. So therefore using the formula of HQ = Tier# * [No pants IRL - Pants in game] * (Moon Phase - Weather) + Lucky Item = Base HQ rate. Eating meat has been shown to create more HQ (but more breaks, kinda like how you hit harder but miss more). Eating Sushi creates more nonHQ but less chance to HQ. Eating defensive food is just stupid, PLD's shouldnt be tanking or crafting in xp parties.
    Wins LOL

Relic Horn
    BG Level

I love how Ulmo completely trashed that thread on KI, but nobody called him/her on it.

My advice to the OP is to just craft when you feel like it and completely disregard days, moons, and whatever other weird superstitions you may have. Fill up your AH and keep your wares selling. The more you craft, the more you HQ, and the fatter your wallet gets. No use waiting around for a specific day when oppurtunities are open now. Even if you get a slight HQ boost with the correct day/moon combination (I don't believe it), it's so slight that it won't make up for wasting time waiting for it.

Or, you can set your alarm clock to wake up 3 hours early to craft. >_>

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Kurp
    I love how Ulmo completely trashed that thread on KI, but nobody called him/her on it.

My advice to the OP is to just craft when you feel like it and completely disregard days, moons, and whatever other weird superstitions you may have. Fill up your AH and keep your wares selling. The more you craft, the more you HQ, and the fatter your wallet gets. No use waiting around for a specific day when oppurtunities are open now. Even if you get a slight HQ boost with the correct day/moon combination (I don't believe it), it's so slight that it won't make up for wasting time waiting for it.

Or, you can set your alarm clock to wake up 3 hours early to craft. >_>
    I actually used to do this when I was between jobs and first started crafting. Talk about a monumental waste of time and energy.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

That's because Ulmo is a well respected member of the crafting community.

And because he went some 0/150 on Penance Cape before finally HQing... (That was Ulmo right? >.>)

Quote Originally Posted by WizerdRemora
    That's because Ulmo is a well respected member of the crafting community.

And because he went some 0/150 on Penance Cape before finally HQing... (That was Ulmo right? >.>)
    Yes, that's Ulmo. Think he made it on the 142nd try or something, then had enough materials to make 8 more.