+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Black Belt
    BG Level

An Important Notice Regarding Experience System Revisions

Quote Originally Posted by FINAL FANTASY XI Development Team (4/15/2005)
    Our next version update will implement changes to the experience system. These changes will be applicable to players who are level 51 and above.

The number of experience points required to gain each level was originally calculated after considering players' effects on the world of Vana'diel as they progressed beyond the initial level cap of 50. However, a considerable amount of time has passed since the implementation of the final cap of 75, and players beyond level 50 no longer have the same influence on the balance of the game. After a close review, the FINAL FANTASY XI development team has decided to reduce the amount of experience needed for leveling up after reaching level 51 (levels 1-50 will remain the same, however).

The update will affect the following:

-Experience points lost due to KO.
    Starting at level 25, experience points lost after being KO'd will be 8% of the amount needed to reach the next level. However, this value will never exceed 2,400.

-Currently accumulated experience points.
    At the time of the version update, if a player's currently accumulated experience points exceed the number required for the newly adjusted level, that player's experience points will be reset to one point below the number needed to gain a level.

New content and system-related adjustments are under constant consideration by the FINAL FANTASY XI development team to ensure a balanced playing experience in the evolving world of Vana'diel.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Further details will be provided on the day of the update.
    http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/information/0415.html

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

SE owes me a fuckton of exp.

Ps. This update sucks.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

damn

i bettter 20 free merit points

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Uldum

-Currently accumulated experience points.
    At the time of the version update, if a player's currently accumulated experience points exceed the number required for the newly adjusted level, that player's experience points will be reset to one point below the number needed to gain a level.

wait, wait so the most we can gain from this is your exp moving to @1 of your current level?

WTF?

Black Belt
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Piroth
    wait, wait so the most we can gain from this is your exp moving to @1 of your currant level?
    if you are 27,542/30,000 and the XP needed to level is reduced to 20,000

after the update you will be 19,999/20,000, you will lose 7,544 XP.

i'd expect there to be no Lv 50+ XP parties forming in the next week (Merit PT - OK).

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So does anyone wanna duo blm in sea for organs this week? :3

Now gil sellers can level even faster. YAY

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

This only means that less experienced players will flood the end-game much fasters, but it also mean leveling your desired secondary job will be much easier.

I wonder what the EXP amount required will be. I always thought that extreme EXP jump from Lv.50 to 51 was insane and the levels following that, 60-61.

My guess that EXP will go from Lv.50 7,800 tnl > Lv.51 7,900 > Lv.52 8,000 and will increase by 100EXP each consecutive level. If that's the case than tnl for Lv.75 would be 10,200 EXP...

I want my fucking time back for EXP i gained for those levels that will be adjusted or at least recalculate EXP towards my other jobs.

Fucking assholes. Gah, SE's getting stupider by the day.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Aratharn Xiv
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Horace
    Though honestly with the way the dev team "tweaks" things in this game I'd be surprised if it's over a hundred XP each level.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cos
    Yeah I was thinking that too, I bet its something like 30k tnl every level 60-70, and then 40k tnl 71-75.
    Quotes taken from our forums - but I don't think it will be anything too drastic, we'll just have to wait and see

Black Belt
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Hirronimus
    My guess that EXP will go from Lv.50 7,800 tnl > Lv.51 7,900 > Lv.52 8,000 and will increase by 100EXP each consecutive level. If that's the case than tnl for Lv.75 would be 10,200 EXP...
    i don't think it will be that easy.

maybe something like
    51-55 = 10k
    56-60 = 15k
    61-65 = 20k
    66-70 = 25k
    71-75 = 30k

the straight conversion is really going to suck for people who are already 75 (especially on more than one job) but you're too short-sighted if you think this is a bad thing.

first of all, it's time that some people face that facts that a lot of people who are Lv 75 now already suck. grinding XP doesn't teach people how to play the game.

the endgame development for FFXI is incessantly slow. the predominate reason is that it takes a very long time to get to 75, the endgame population is a MINORITY.

if getting to 75 becomes easier, than people with Lv 75 jobs will become a majority, than more and more resources can be devoted to the endgame.

developing good endgame material takes a lot of resources (new areas, new mobs, etc.) when that goes to less than 10% of the player base, it's difficult to justify putting 50%+ of the development resources on it.

when "endgame" becomes 35%-45% of the player base, they will have more resources focused on it and turn around for endgame areas will be faster than one end game region every 9-12 months.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Meanwhile at Square-Enix underwater volcanic Headquarters:

Mr. Square: The end-game in Final Fantasy XI isn't awful enough yet. Lackeys, give me solutions!
    Lackey 1: We could crash the servers when the land kings come into NA times.
    Mr. Square: Good, good. But it does not go far enough.
    Lackey 2: We could reduce the total XP that you need to reach level 75, so end-game will become even more crowded and more drama can ensue from the lack of end-game activities.
    Mr. Square: Excellent! Get on it right away.
    Lackey 2: Thank you Mr. Square.
    Mr. Square: And Lackey 1...
    Lackey 1: Yes Mr. Square?
    Mr. Square: For not coming up with an excellent idea, your life is forfeit.
    Lackey 1: Bu-but Mr. Square, you liked my idea!
    Mr. Square: Yes, but your life is forfeit regardless.

Mr. Square presses a button on this throne, and the floor under Lackey 1 collapses revealing a trap door. Lackey 1 plummets into a pool of magma below, Mr. Square's lips curl into a cruel smile as a wisp of smoke rises from the trap door.

Mr. Square: Someone bring me a copy of Final Fantasy VI. I want to play a game where the lead character is not a pretty-boy so we may never make the same mistake again!

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by layoneil
    developing good endgame material takes a lot of resources (new areas, new mobs, etc.) when that goes to less than 10% of the player base, it's difficult to justify putting 50%+ of the development resources on it.

when "endgame" becomes 35%-45% of the player base, they will have more resources focused on it and turn around for endgame areas will be faster than one end game region every 9-12 months.
    Yeah, you're right. Didn't think about that. It's like an investment, a company doesn't invest in minority of their customers and cater more to majority.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by layoneil
    And what are the level 75 players, new and old alike, going to do while waiting for Square to cough up some more end-game material?

OK, the end-game population is the minority, but we are already tripping all over each other and it causes no end to the amount of drama that we are subjected to. Unless square quadruples the number of HNM in the next update people are going to become a lot more frustrated and the drama will become a whole lot worse.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Sea?

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

maybe they are getting ready to raise the cap from 75 to 80?

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Re: An Important Notice Regarding Experience System Revision

Quote Originally Posted by FINAL FANTASY XI Development Team (4/15/2005)
    However, a considerable amount of time has passed since the implementation of the final cap of 75...
    Doubt it.

Black Belt
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Septimus
    And what are the level 75 players, new and old alike, going to do while waiting for Square to cough up some more end-game material?

OK, the end-game population is the minority, but we are already tripping all over each other and it causes no end to the amount of drama that we are subjected to. Unless square quadruples the number of HNM in the next update people are going to become a lot more frustrated and the drama will become a whole lot worse.
    level other jobs to 75 since it's going to be "easier" now?

it's going to start being requirements to have multiple jobs at 75, to be more flexible. gone will be the days events get cancelled because there are not enough PLDs or BLMs online, because everyone will have a backup job or two or three they can switch to.

all drastic changes come with a period of turmoil, and i think most of us will be able to get through it just fine.

if some people can't ride the waves while these changes happen than they can quit the game but i think when it settles, things will be much better on the other side.

and yes, i'm overly optimistic but at the same time i'm also expecting there to be some huge problems.

Renegade Philosopher
    BG Level

This is going to be a bullshit change *unless* they can add enough content to solve their already existing endgame problems. I just don't see that happening right now with SE's track record.

i wish i could bitch about there not being enough endgame.

/teh jealous