1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 0 hours, 24 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 23 hours, 35 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 17 hours, 24 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 16 hours, 35 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Does anyone know how FATE contributions are calculated?

I Googled but so far the only thing I've been able to find is that once you tag a mob (as in, you get first claim, it was completely undamaged before you hit it) you get full XP and contribution for it.

Wouldn't that mean AoEs are OP for FATEs?

Nothing about damage though. Like if you do 50% to a single target, do you get more or less than someone who did 25%. How much more or less etc. Basically we know next to nothing right now.

Anyone have other info? Or do we wait till the game goes live and tests start being done?

Dammit Steve of the House of Weave
    BG Level

Pretty sure I remember hearing something that if you weren't the first to tag a mob, you need to do like 30% to it get credit for it. So maybe it goes by number of mobs you kill? Don't know how that plays out for healers then though...

Of course that's just for Xp calculations. Not sure on sure on the contribution thing, but they're probably linked somehow.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

I'm not sure 30% is a reasonable number. I know last weekend I was doing FATE chains outside Sastasha with what seemed like half the server. I was getting gold medals the whole time on ACN which is mostly DoT spells.

And yes, AoEs are OP for FATEs. Hop on MRD and spam Overpower and within a minute you have full credit for the FATE.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

I believe they've said in the past that it's based on the amount of enmity that you incur on any of the FATE monsters. It's so easy to get full credit for a FATE that it's hardly worth anyone's time to do detailed research.

I don't have any info for the item turn-in FATEs, however.

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    I believe they've said in the past that it's based on the amount of enmity that you incur on any of the FATE monsters. It's so easy to get full credit for a FATE that it's hardly worth anyone's time to do detailed research.

I don't have any info for the item turn-in FATEs, however.
    You get 100% credit as long as you do like... 7-8? turn ins, i was messing with the idea when fates were like 5min long, so I only spent like 45 seconds grabbing 10 items and turning it in and afk.

Randomly, you get a good amount of exp from a fate still even if its time runs out as long as you smack stuff for the last 30 seconds with everything you have.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Tokitoki View Post
    And yes, AoEs are OP for FATEs. Hop on MRD and spam Overpower and within a minute you have full credit for the FATE.
    On the mage side, spamming Blizzard II over and over (THM) will also get you full credit very fast. I've gotten full credit (or close enough that I didn't know) entering like 30 seconds before one ended.

Dammit Steve of the House of Weave
    BG Level

On the same topic, if you leave the fate circle will you still get credit when it ends? Always wondered this...

Death by snoo snoo
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syntax Error
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

Quote Originally Posted by CrstyCptSteveWitherspoon View Post
    On the same topic, if you leave the fate circle will you still get credit when it ends? Always wondered this...
    It was in P3. I died in a FATE, and HP'd, and once it ended I had a pop up

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

You merely need to be in the zone when it ends. You can even zone out and back in (if you die, for example). If you zone out/in, it doesn't reset your contribution, so it's pretty user-friendly.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

You do not get credit if you enter a duty finder instance before the FATE ends.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ascelina Lionarm
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Even as a low-damage like CNJ, I would walk in in the last 3/4s of a FATE, not heal anyone and only spam Stone and Aero, and get full credit every time.
    I actually hope they make it more difficult to get credit, otherwise why bother, give everyone full credit for even having walked into the FATE bubble.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Frein View Post
    You do not get credit if you enter a duty finder instance before the FATE ends.
    COnsidering you have to be in the same zone, of course you wouldn't get EXP after moving to an instance server.

At least 30% dmg for about 7+ gives plenty of exp,

Tho does anyone know how the boss FATEs will function? (FATEs with one large enemy) Since dealing 30% dmg to such an enemy might not be easily doable, yet people still receive exp and gil for their aid.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ascelina Lionarm
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Empryean View Post
    Since dealing 30% dmg to such an enemy might not be easily doable, yet people still receive exp and gil for their aid.
    I dont think your arbitrary "30% to a mob" is how they're actually calculating contribution.
    It probably just divides the amount of damage dealt to the mob by the number of people in the FATE with nonzero contributions, and checks how your contribution stacks up to that per-player quota. I imagine healing and debuffs etc are counted separately, but I dont really have any proof or basis for that.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Empryean View Post
    At least 30% dmg for about 7+ gives plenty of exp,

Tho does anyone know how the boss FATEs will function? (FATEs with one large enemy) Since dealing 30% dmg to such an enemy might not be easily doable, yet people still receive exp and gil for their aid.
    Smack the mob. That's how it works. 30% is some number that people decided sounds nice when it really isn't tied to anything. It is likely based off of how much damage you do, but until we get more than a few days to play at a time don't expect anyone to spit out a formula.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hioki Mitone
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Destromath

Don't know how that plays out for healers then though...
    If all you do is heal, you will not gain any credit towards the fate. I was able to test this solo healing fates outside of Aleport. There could be some exception to this for HNM's, however, in these cases I was already grouped to help heal. Your party members can still award you credit as long as you are reasonably close to the fate.

What is maximum XP gain for a FATE anyway? 3000? More? Less? I guess it scales as you level, but I haven't seen a concrete figure.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ascelina Lionarm
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Berabouman View Post
    What is maximum XP gain for a FATE anyway? 3000? More? Less? I guess it scales as you level, but I haven't seen a concrete figure.
    dependent on level of FATE and your level in relation to the recommended one, right?

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Aldon View Post
    dependent on level of FATE and your level in relation to the recommended one, right?
    Yes. Not sure exactly how much the lvl gap between you and the FATE matters though. It does to some extend, but not sure how much precisely.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Aldon View Post
    Also you'll get a bonus if the job you're on is lower than your highest. I was getting a little over 5000exp per FATE as a 16-18ACN. 20CNJ was my highest so I was getting an extra 50% exp. This is from the FATEs outside Sastasha.