+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Smallville starts again     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Smallville starts again

Yes I am a fan of the show. Season 5 started tonight at 8:00, and what a great start its having :D

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Got old a few seasons ago.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

meh, its getting better. But I do agree most of hte episode have the same synopsis

Clark helps out at home
    Clark has a run in with kryptonite
    Clark is removed from the kyrptonite
    Clark saves the day

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I never really liked Smallville all that much, but I am a post-Crisis purist.

• * Clark didn't develop his powers until after he was out of high school.
      * Clark did not know he was an alien until a few years into his career as Superman.
      * Kryptonians are bald; this is a side effect of genetic manipulation by the Eradicator which caused Kryptonians to die if they left Krypton. Jor El was able to reverse this on Kal El before he sent him to Earth.
      * There is very little Kryptonite on Earth (about 7 or 8 pieces), and the only kind is green. Red Kryptonite was created by Mr. Mxyplk (or however you spell his name, I don't feel like looking it up) but he destroyed it when he was done having his fun.
      * Lex Luthor is the same age as Perry White, Clark's editor at the Daily Planet. On top of that, Lex Luthor is one of the smartest people on the planet, if he saw that much weirdness around Clark it would not take him long to figure out that Clark is Superman.

But fortunatly, DC has been ruining Superman recently and taking back all of the good work that John Bryne did when they relaunched Superman after the Crisis. Great idea, bring back Krypto and Kara Zor-El, where's Streaky, Beppo, Comet, and Proty? >_>

This show is like scoobie-doo, only with superman

Black Belt
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Not Kuno
    Got old a few seasons ago.
    hot half-asian girls never get old.

[removed broken link]

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Broken image.

Btw you should speed up the image in your avatar it would look better that way.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura
    This show is like scoobie-doo, only with superman
    "And I would have gotten away with it, if it weren't for you meddling kids and your pesky Kryptonian!"

Remy Zero sings a pretty good theme song. Shows sucks though imo.

I caught the last episode where some meteors fux up the town and a helicopter crashes, it didn't look that bad. D:

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

If you watched superman 2, the 3 badass kryptonians that were released in the beginning of that movie seem to be the same 3 that make an apperance in the first episode of season 5 SV ( or some like them).

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

they are not the same. in superman 2, it's general Zod and his goons. In the opening episode, they are just goons goons (really bad ones too) of zod. They refer to themselves as "disciples of zod" which makes it seem like there are certainly more to come.

i must say, this season seems to show more potential than all the previous seasons.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Another rant..

Even though we all know he will get them back .....

I cant believe they stripped him of his powers this early

OH yeah, glad he told chloe finally :D

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Rehont
    Another rant..

Even though we all know he will get them back .....

I cant believe they stripped him of his powers this early

OH yeah, glad he told chloe finally :D
    You must be new to Superman. Every other year he: loses his powers, his powers become too strong and worries about hurting humanity, or gains shitty electric powers and splits in two and then loses those shitty electric powers and becomes one again without an explanation. Currently his powers are starting to become too strong and and he is worried about hurting humanity.

DC is really starting to suck a lot of ass.

I like how they toned down Superman in JL, also the 2nd to last episode in JLU was fucking awesome.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Your right, I am relavitly new to superman as far as comics go. I havent read a single one.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura
    I like how they toned down Superman in JL, also the 2nd to last episode in JLU was fucking awesome.
    What do you mean by "toned down"?

JLU is hit or miss to me. I've seen a few episodes which were utterly fantastic, but then other ones are "meh". (They seemed to revolve around Lex Luthor's new Legion of Doom. God I hate the Legion of Doom...)

Only people who love legion of doom are nerds that never get any.

Quote Originally Posted by Septimus
    * There is very little Kryptonite on Earth (about 7 or 8 pieces), and the only kind is green. Red Kryptonite was created by Mr. Mxyplk (or however you spell his name, I don't feel like looking it up) but he destroyed it when he was done having his fun.
    Actually... there was gold kryptonite in a alternative reality where Superman killed General Zod and his accolytes. It stripped them of their powers.
    ...uh, so I'm a fan, sue me.

Anyways, on topic, the show is pretty predictable and repeative, but I like watching it... <3 Michael Rosenbaum. He's so sexay.
    >_>