Thread: GM's surpass themselves     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

GM's surpass themselves

Taken from a friends LJ. Full convo here.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

lol, are they stupid enough to think that people will KS from eachother? Us as a community have said KS is wrong, even JP wont KS from NA... and this statement is like SE is trying to say "Yes, KS from eachother, start drama GO".

6 bucks says this GM just started friday and doesnt play FF.

That needs to be emailed to SE, and put on the front page of a bunch of ffxi sites.

what fucking bullshit.

GO GO CUSTOMER SERVICE

Bob Slydell: Oh yeah, we're bringing in some entry-level graduates, farm some work out to Singapore, that's the usual deal.
    Bob Porter: Standard operating procedure.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

wooooooooooooooooooooow.

well, at least they had some respect for NA's before the update if they coded it that way...

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by berticus
    Bob Slydell: Oh yeah, we're bringing in some entry-level graduates, farm some work out to Singapore, that's the usual deal.
    You can just call me Mike.

dont laugh - but im seriously considering moving to go become a GM.

no joke.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Quote Originally Posted by berticus
    http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/7234/lolsaget4js.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Genosync
    That needs to be emailed to SE, and put on the front page of a bunch of ffxi sites.

what fucking bullshit.

GO GO CUSTOMER SERVICE

BEES OH GOD BEES
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

Quote Originally Posted by Judah
    dont laugh - but im seriously considering moving to go become a GM.

no joke.
    xD

"Thank you for your GM call, and have a nice day"

"Bite me"

I lol'ed

Sweet. SE says KS'ing is okay.

I'm off to go KS someone's wyrm.

Quote Originally Posted by edgarfigaro
    "Thank you for your GM call, and have a nice day"

"Bite me"

I lol'ed
    Man people are such pussies, I told [GM]Melvus to fuck off a few days ago. I hate that fucker.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Gamutstreet
    Sweet. Someone who was hired by a company subcontracted by SE and has no idea of the game's actual mechanics or design says KS'ing is okay.

I'm off to go KS someone's wyrm.
    Fixed.

Everybody's Favourite Nobody
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Picture won't load up for me ><.

don't wanna be an asshole but if claim was stolen it had to of gone yellow and you just didn't see because the stealer was spamming^^
    Its not even that hard to keep claim on a NM... so gtfo^^

New Merits
    BG Level

Were you or your friend link/engaged another mob while fighting the NM? It could be why you lose claim also.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Muze
    Were you or your friend link/engaged another mob while fighting the NM? It could be why you lose claim also.
    that only applies to NA's.

some JP's claimed fafnir a while ago and got darters midfight (loL?). They cleared them ALL out, and fafnir stayed purple the ENTIRE time. But if NA's claim fafnir and so much as look at something else, it goes yellow.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Perhaps they just know how to manipulate claim better than some NAs.

Claim belongs to whoever performed the last action against the mob. Often, I hear people screaming "Who has hate?!" when people are dropped from alliance and the mob goes purple. The person with hate, and the person with claim are often two different people.

Say you have a NIN tanking Fafnir and he is in the middle of casting Utsusemi: Ichi, and there's a WAR meleeing and a BLM nuking. The WAR swings his axe, and gets claim. The BLM's nuke lands, and now he has claim. The WAR swings again and he gets claim back. The NIN finishes casting Utsu: Ni and whacks it with a katana to get claim.

Oh noes! Someone grabbed a darter. At a moment when the BLM happened to have claim, he shifts focus and quickly sleeps the darter. Fafnir goes yellow for 0.1 seconds before the next swing of the WAR's axe. Now he's purple because some buttbumper was spamming voke.

One way to avoid that is to make sure someone who isn't going to be changing targets or disengaging has claim again before shifting to the other target. Given that there doesn't tend to be many fast hitting melees zerging your HNMs, there's more time than you think between claim-getting actions. Plenty of time for it to go yellow if you're careless. It only takes a split second.

But if you're even half-aware of how claim works, you can avoid losing it entirely.

For melees, just fight unlocked so you can turn if you need to sleep. Don't disengage. For mages, just wait a couple seconds from your last action to sleep a linked darter.

Quote Originally Posted by Khamsin
    Perhaps they just know how to manipulate claim better than some NAs.

Claim belongs to whoever performed the last action against the mob. Often, I hear people screaming "Who has hate?!" when people are dropped from alliance and the mob goes purple. The person with hate, and the person with claim are often two different people.

Say you have a NIN tanking Fafnir and he is in the middle of casting Utsusemi: Ichi, and there's a WAR meleeing and a BLM nuking. The WAR swings his axe, and gets claim. The BLM's nuke lands, and now he has claim. The WAR swings again and he gets claim back. The NIN finishes casting Utsu: Ni and whacks it with a katana to get claim.

Oh noes! Someone grabbed a darter. At a moment when the BLM happened to have claim, he shifts focus and quickly sleeps the darter. Fafnir goes yellow for 0.1 seconds before the next swing of the WAR's axe. Now he's purple because some buttbumper was spamming voke.

One way to avoid that is to make sure someone who isn't going to be changing targets or disengaging has claim again before shifting to the other target. Given that there doesn't tend to be many fast hitting melees zerging your HNMs, there's more time than you think between claim-getting actions. Plenty of time for it to go yellow if you're careless. It only takes a split second.

But if you're even half-aware of how claim works, you can avoid losing it entirely.

For melees, just fight unlocked so you can turn if you need to sleep. Don't disengage. For mages, just wait a couple seconds from your last action to sleep a linked darter.

OR just have an assload of melee hitting it all the time. buncha MNKs NINs and WAR/NINs then it shouldnt be a problem right?

if a group is going BLM only strategy and lose claim, i say good