Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

List of things that need confirmation for Bhaflau Thickets.

This is just my list for Bhaflau Thickets.

1. Mad Bomber self-destructs after 70 seconds and is unstunnable.

2. Empathic Flans spawn a Dormant Rampart when killed. Where does it spawn? Can you open the next door before killing the last Flan? Does using magic on the Flan prevent it from spawning the Dormant Rampart?

3. On the fourth floor, while fighting the Archaic Gear to spawn the Dormant Rampart, can you stun the gear to prevent them from warping out at 20%? Do you need more damage to make them stay? Do they have an amount of time before they warp out? Is warping out a TP move?

Ryko's Full of Lies and Johns
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ryuu Akaneiro
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Dunemaul

I don't think this is confirmation of anything, moreso observation, but

When we (my salvage group, including Ayn) were fighting triples (because of a derka moment on the part of our paladin), they didn't disappear when I had to subsequently counterstance tank them and they died with all 3 parts up.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Akanei
    I'm not sure if this is confirmation of anything but

When we (my salvage group, including Ayn) were fighting triples (because of a derka moment on the part of our paladin), they didn't disappear when I had to subsequently counterstance tank them and they died with all 3 parts up.
    Probably should have clarified (and I will fix it in the first post before it becomes confusing) I am talking about the singular gear on the fourth floor. Not the triples, but I have seen parts of the triples disappear also.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sci Gauss
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Re: List of things that need confirmation for Bhaflau Thicke

Quote Originally Posted by ringthree
    2. Empathic Flans spawn a Dormant Rampart when killed. Where does it spawn? Can you open the next door before killing the last Flan? Does using magic on the Flan prevent it from spawning the Dormant Rampart?
    The few times I've seen the Rampart spawn, it's been in the East room with the Flan we just killed. I'm pretty sure we've used magic on Flans and the Ramparts have spawned.

3. On the fourth floor, while fighting the Archaic Gears to spawn the Dormant Rampart, can you stun the gears to prevent them from warping out at 20%? Do you need more damage to make them stay? Do they have an amount of time before they warp out? Is warping out a TP move?
    I might have it filtered out, but I don't think it's a TP move or magic. They just warp away, and it's instant, and they're invincible during it. They have a very large magic aggro range though, probably the range of blood aggro for undead. Most people say you just have to kill them fast or they'll warp away, if you want to try to stun anything, stun Restoral if that's even possible.

I don't know, the damn thing has NEVER popped for me.

The Dormant Rampart will spawn in the room that the Flan originally came from. Reported spawns are West Room, North Room, and East Room. It always spawns in the same place - towards the "Center" of the room if that makes sense. E.g. in the east room, it spawns along the West Wall.

It is still unknown what the conditions are for the door to appear, but I think it's safe to say that it always spawns when all 4 Flans are killed (it never spawns after only killing some of the Flans, if it spawns, it's always after killing the last one, and in the room that the last one was pulled from).

3. On the fourth floor, while fighting the Archaic Gear to spawn the Dormant Rampart, can you stun the gear to prevent them from warping out at 20%? Do you need more damage to make them stay? Do they have an amount of time before they warp out? Is warping out a TP move?
    They do not cast the magic spell "Warp", it just shows the teleport animation/sound and disappears. I have never personally seen them teleport after being pulled, in my experience they only teleport when aggrod or linked. Can anyone even confirm that the gears do indeed Teleport away, even after being successfully pulled?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

i believe on my first run of bhaflau salvage , we reached the 4th floor and midway during the fight against a single gear, it teleported away and people were doing 0 damage to it while its animation was going

theorys that came up during that time was : "you have to keep using /ra to keep its attention" "you have to keep using magic to keep its attention" etc but i havnt gotten up there since to test anything again

20% sounds about right when it decided to port however i am unsure if a gear behind it linked causing it to teleport... that is entirely possible and would make sense with the theory of them porting when they link

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

On one of our runs I pulled a 4th floor gear with provoke and was holding it and attacking with earth staff, waiting for the alliance to finish their mob and after a certain amount of time it teleported away at 100%. Also, the other day we were fighting a 4th floor gear, slowly damaging it and after a certain amount of time it teleported away. During teleport animation attacks did 0 damage. imo, its just timed..

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sci Gauss
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

We've had them port on us mid fight a few times, we always manage to get them pretty low but they have a habit of using mostly restoral on us and just pulling the invincible warp thing.

Can someone more knowledgeable with .dats answer something. Since people say the rampart on the second floor can pop in different locations, would this require separate .dat entries, or would one suffice? My group has only popped and fought the rampart that pops in the east room. Is it possible that when it pops in the other rooms, it would spawn different monsters and get different NMs?

Quote Originally Posted by Faranim
    Can anyone even confirm that the gears do indeed Teleport away, even after being successfully pulled?
    I can confirm this. I'm 90% sure that it is timed. Next time we go to Bhaflau, I'm actually going to time it.

One thing that we observed on the 2nd floor is that 2 of the Flans may have been larger than the other two, and this difference didn't correspond to the type of damage that they took. For us, it seemed like the ones in the south and east rooms were larger, while the north and west rooms were smaller. It's really hard to tell for sure though because we didn't have them sitting next to each other, but I figured I might as well throw that out in case it is significant.

In this case, we killed S (large), W (small), N (small), E (large) in that order and the Dormant Rampart did pop.

Quote Originally Posted by Sci
    We've had them port on us mid fight a few times, we always manage to get them pretty low but they have a habit of using mostly restoral on us and just pulling the invincible warp thing.

Can someone more knowledgeable with .dats answer something. Since people say the rampart on the second floor can pop in different locations, would this require separate .dat entries, or would one suffice? My group has only popped and fought the rampart that pops in the east room. Is it possible that when it pops in the other rooms, it would spawn different monsters and get different NMs?
    1. One would Suffice

2. I'm 99.99% sure that people have popped the Rampart in the West, East, and North rooms and all 3 spawn the same mobs (Wasps)

3. There are rumors that another Rampart spawns on the 4th floor if you kill all of the single gears without any teleporting. This is not terribly difficult to accomplish, so hopefully we'll be getting confirmation soon whether this works.

Quote Originally Posted by Faranim
    3. There are rumors that another Rampart spawns on the 4th floor if you kill all of the single gears without any teleporting. This is not terribly difficult to accomplish, so hopefully we'll be getting confirmation soon whether this works.
    That's what the Airforce site says. I tried to do that on our last run, but apparently "Everyone get the hell back and don't aggro or link the gears!" is a difficult order to understand.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Ya, the hard part is pulling them without links, we got to the 4th or 5th one, and the thief pulling linked one and it warped off.. Kinda annoying D:

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

1. It is timed. 75 sec is given to be the time from claim to blow up. Stun can land but not sure if it will delay the explosion like Snoll Tzar. It is a good idea to get back magic before trying to kill this.

2. Never spawned for me.

3. Pull with a ranged attack but note the following...
    a. Linked mobs will warp instantly...seems to be a rather large radius sound
    b. Aggro-ed mobs will warp instantly. So ONLY maximum range and NO magic anywhere close to the doorway.
    c. The warp is timed. You have around 60 sec to kill one before it disappears.
    d. To pop the rampart, there is a total of 10 warping gears to kill. Those with the Archaic Chariot doesn't count.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

I successfully pulled archaic gears with "bio 2" from max range. If there is 2 close, I suspect a diaga pull would be able to grab both, and 2nd wont warp cause of the link.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

About the flan rampart - something I've noticed is that the rampart pops every time when we've not nuked the W/E (magic resistant) flans. It could have something to do with the "empathic" nature of the flans, where if you realize and utilize their weaknesses against them, you're rewarded.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I never knew that. So the W and E flans are totally resistant to magic, then?

I'm not a BLM, but I recall reading something about "spikes on their head" which determines which weakness mode they are in. Maybe someone who actually EXPs on Flans can explain better?

Also something similar with Wamouracampa being "rolled up" or "spread out" or something.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Not *totally* resistant, but they're really, really strong against magic in comparison to the N and S ones. We've been seeing 6k+ Burst IIs on the South and North flans, then 60 damage Burst IIs on the West and East.

1. We timed it, sometimes it can be as fast as 60 seconds.(1% then boom because we thought it was more than 60 seconds).

2. The damn thing never pop on us.

3. They like to warp if you get too close to them, as mentioned before, if you pull links that will cause some to warp away.

Quote Originally Posted by Millael
    Not *totally* resistant, but they're really, really strong against magic in comparison to the N and S ones. We've been seeing 6k+ Burst IIs on the South and North flans, then 60 damage Burst IIs on the West and East.
    This is correct.