Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Horrid Roar     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Horrid Roar

I know the majority of the topics going on at the moment have to do with the new expansion, but my linkshell is somewhat in the Stone Age (with most of the Ifrit server) and are still trying to get wyrms down.

We attempted Jorm today and did very well (down to 15% in like an hour and a half), but he started spamming fucking Horrid Roar (I've read he does 3 at a time) over and over and we were flailed twice before we gave up.

How the fuck do you deal with that shit? We tried stunning, we used up our PLD SPs, but that move just pushed us back down to making no progress. The thing that ruined us was Horrid Roar + Flail.

Sorry if this has already been covered.

Horrid Roar? What is doing to you that's so bad? Losing hate?

If that's the thing, you need to have people that -have- hate, to log off.

Other than that, I don't know why it's giving you that much trouble. But, maybe you're just getting unlucky with the order of weapon skills he's doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kwijiboe
    Horrid Roar? What is doing to you that's so bad? Losing hate?

Other than that, I don't know why it's giving you that much trouble. But, maybe you're just getting unlucky with the order of weapon skills he's doing.
    He did horrid roar a lot, and we were able to manage ok. But we couldn't do anymore damage to it because he just started using horrid roar when we would do a sc+mb.

And of course, the final nail was the roar + flail.

We had our mages and melee constantly log off.

I don't know what kind of answer I am looking for. Just really frustrating.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

CoP wyrm Roar is a bitch; we try to fight through them all never letting any DD get too much hate. It's never too big of an issue on Tiamat or Ouryu because he might get one in before he's off to the next flight, which with 2 tanks, allows time for ample hate to rebuild on the one tank who got set back. But Jormungand is just retarded; at least one flail is almost inevitable for us, just stop sneak attacks all together, scatter stuns hoping to hit some of the 3 each landing, and finish the last 30% off with mostly TA'd WSs and BPs. I guess all I can say is stick with it and fight through it, but I can say Flails aren't a rarity at Jormungand, just the way he is. =x That, and reraise obviously.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Can try putting it to sleep when it roars, let tanks get hate back. Good to have 2-3 PLD's so they can invincible after each roar...not much else to offer in the way of advice for that. Just keep pushin on with SCs, MBs and BPs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kwijiboe

Logging off doesn't erase hate. It hasn't for a long time.

Death or warping to a different Region (not area) are the only 2 ways to erase hate.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Yeah Tilo.. Roar is a bitch.. we got Flailed twice lmao. Still won luckily though... we had a flail being readied as Jorm died from DoT haha. We did plenty of SA WS on him though... that is not what caused the flail it was healers getting drawn in and Jorm spazzing on one flail and another was a PLD from another LS healed our tank from the tail pretty much... he said he was helping though and I believe him haha. Jorm while a fun fight.. should drop something that is more rewarding. If we weren't so involved with the new expansion content we might try some more Wyrms.

Complete 3 minutes logged off resets hate pretty good.

logging of doesnt work, loggin onto a mule does or /shutdown

Yeah, you need to stay logged off long enough for the game to register that you are not in the game before it will erase your name from the wyrm's hate queue.

Logging off and immediately logging back on does not do that, and I've seen my share of bewildered WHMs who wonder why the dragon is munching on them even though they just logged.

3 minutes might be too much, I've found that a minute or so does the trick.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

jorm is pretty easy to sleep as bard, i usually toss a lullaby, enough to get hate back

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Just have a WHM tank. 30% dmg down gear and some DEF shit.... one curaga 4 and hate belongs to him :D

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Re: Horrid Roar

Quote Originally Posted by Tilo
    I know the majority of the topics going on at the moment have to do with the new expansion, but my linkshell is somewhat in the Stone Age (with most of the Ifrit server) and are still trying to get wyrms down.

We attempted Jorm today and did very well (down to 15% in like an hour and a half), but he started spamming fucking Horrid Roar (I've read he does 3 at a time) over and over and we were flailed twice before we gave up.

How the fuck do you deal with that shit? We tried stunning, we used up our PLD SPs, but that move just pushed us back down to making no progress. The thing that ruined us was Horrid Roar + Flail.

Sorry if this has already been covered.
    1. did your BLMs /shutdown or /logout when they got hate? /shutdown is the only thing that erases hate, it logs off POL completely, whereas /logout just logs you back to "Select Character" screen

2. how many tanks did you have in main alliance at a time? 3 is a the safe # most people use because of Roar's complications

3. were people meleeing it? this causes TP spam at low health, much higher than normal and it's harder to control wyrms

4. did your PLDs flash/voke/cure before they used Invincible? if you havent done something to piss off a monster before using Invincible, it does NOTHING to your hate factor

5. did you try sleeping Jorm when hate got screwed up? this gives mages time to cooldown, log for hate, and lets tanks re-establish hate control

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Azgalor

Re: Horrid Roar

Quote Originally Posted by Isildur
    1. did your BLMs /shutdown or /logout when they got hate? /shutdown is the only thing that erases hate, it logs off POL completely, whereas /logout just logs you back to "Select Character" screen

2. how many tanks did you have in main alliance at a time? 3 is a the safe # most people use because of Roar's complications

3. were people meleeing it? this causes TP spam at low health, much higher than normal and it's harder to control wyrms

4. did your PLDs flash/voke/cure before they used Invincible? if you havent done something to piss off a monster before using Invincible, it does NOTHING to your hate factor

5. did you try sleeping Jorm when hate got screwed up? this gives mages time to cooldown, log for hate, and lets tanks re-establish hate control
    1. I cant answer that because idk how the BLMs were logging but I do know that they wernt pulling a lot of hate through the fight, mainly just when he did roar and 1-2 other times.

2. If I remember correctly we had 2 PLDs and 2 WAR/WHM in the tank party with 2 PLDs sitting on rebound.

3. Nobody was meleeing it. We had an add alliance who was killing bombs and elementals and people had skillchain partners. After he landed we'd have a pair run in and make a skillchain, drop, rotate next pair.

4. Idk. Tilo will have to answer that one, he was there on WAR/WHM. I was there on MNK.

5. After the first roar/flail we slept him and recovered pretty well, but then he roar/flailed again and we called it a night.

Been Here Longer Than you
    BG Level

All you got to do is Sleep it and get hate back. Before it starts using triple roar have your healers log off and have them hate-free by the time its around 20% and it should be very easy.

If someone gets drawn in, such as a WHM, just have them tank it and stay at feet with the other tanks so it doesn't run toward your alliance/adds PT.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Olandu
    logging of doesnt work, loggin onto a mule does or /shutdown
    Yeah, I have logged to a mule a few times and it definitely seemed to work. Obviously Shutdown does also, but that takes forever... Logging to a mule who is already in a moghouse seems to be the fastest way to reset hate. (unless there is a zone nearby obviously)

Normally near 15% or so he always does roar x3 and then wing, Best way to handle is have a steady rdm or blm with ele seal and sleep as soon as he starts that pattern, have a tank or 2 SP and then keep on truckin.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

I'm not understanding why anyone needs to logoff due to Horrid Roar. No one should be forced to log off with the exception of 'maybe' a bard due to spamming elegy and standing far away to ballad smns.

Just sleep it after it roars and have your tanks get hate back. WHMs should be second in line with hate after tanks, but they can survive with nin sub until a BLM sleeps. If it gets up into the air without being slept first just have people with hate go stand by the tanks.Tanks cure them for more hate, sleep it when it lands, get organized again and go back to what you were doing before.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Soma
    WHMs should be second in line with hate after tanks, but they can survive with nin sub until a BLM sleeps.
    So your WHMs sub NIN at wyrm fights?

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

So your WHMs sub NIN at wyrm fights?
    Yes, they do, unless we are in a race with several other linkshells. Then they tele with whatever sub they have at the time.