1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 23 hours, 50 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 0 hours, 9 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 6 days, 16 hours, 50 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in -7 hours, -51 minutes
+ Reply to Thread

[Hyperion] Conviction - NA FC looking to expand on 1.0 success

Conviction is looking to add new and veteran players alike heading into the release of FFXIV:ARR. The community has been around since the start of 1.0 and has enjoyed success with all facets of end game. The community as a whole has been around for over 6 years now, enjoying a multitude of different games together.

We already have several players in the community starting fresh or returning from 1.0 so there will be an increased focus in supporting new players as well as pushing end game content early so there is an opportunity to share in all aspects of the game.

We are a dedicated but fun group that enjoys a good challenge. We are helpful and generous to all of those involved in our community.

If you are looking for a great place to play, please check out our website www.congaming.com/ffxiv

Thank you for your consideration
    Indecent Proposal
    Community Leader of Conviction on Hyperion

Here is a brief history and outlook for Conviction heading into 2.0, written by Zettai Ryouiki

FFXIV 1.0 History
    Conviction was formed in 1.0 beta and jumped into release with a heavy crafting focus. Many of the lead crafters would become the first NA players to cap their respective classes, competing only with their JP counterparts for control of the markets. This crafting linkshell began to attract "battlecrafters" and by the time HNMs were released in December 2010, Conviction would be the home to the majority of rank 50 NA players. This strong start combined with a dedicated roster helped pave the way to many endgame achievements.

Conviction has benefited from stability throughout FFXIV. Indecent Proposal created the linkshell in beta and I have been leading ever since I took over in April 2011. Players that joined in 2010 were active up until the 1.0 servers went offline. Despite a serious lack of content, we were able to maintain a weekly raiding schedule since I became leader two years ago (minus the two weeks that a few of us went to Japan!).

We completed all content available including relics, white ravens, and all dungeons and speed runs.

ARR Structure
    Barring a major revelation regarding Free Company housing and bonuses, we will have one FC and one linkshell. The FC will be comprised of:
    • Endgame players led by Zettai Ryouiki
    • Community players led by Indecent Proposal

Since FCs have their own chat channel, the linkshell will be used to help organize endgame groups before and during raids.

Free Company
    Although we will have a clear division between endgame and community rosters, we are merging both into the same Free Company. This allows us to provide perks to the largest audience possible while using the fewest resources. We realize that it takes a wide variety of people to make a successful guild and that the entire spectrum of players can benefit from working together.

The FFXIV relaunch hype has aroused the interest of many congaming.com community members, as well as drawing out many veterans from our early 1.0 adventures. We have a very healthy roster at all levels of the game and look forward to adding fresh faces along the way.

Free Company Applications
    An application will be required to join the Free Company as either a community or endgame player. This is to help find players with the right mindset that would allow them to succeed with this group. At this time we do not have minimum level requirements for community members so new players are welcome.

Recruits will be given a 30-day trial period after their application is accepted. Current members will discuss the recruit's performance and attitude in the forums, and a final decision will be made at the end of the trial window. A player's attitude and activity level are perhaps the biggest aspects being considered.

Please note that although we may use community members to help fill endgame parties, they are not guaranteed endgame roster spots once they reach that point of progression. Transitions between community and endgame status will be handled on a case-by-case basis.

Endgame Recruitment/Operations
    The 10 months between XIV versions have added some uncertainty to our existing endgame roster. Coupled with alliance content and new-game hype (and the accompanying turnover rates) we probably won't develop a solid raiding core until a few months after release. As such, our endgame needs aren't as clear as they were in 1.0. There will be a lot of flexibility with how endgame is handled until we settle down into a routine.

Anyone interested in endgame participation at release is welcome to apply. This assumes the player has at least one level 50 job, access to most endgame content, can play regularly during the evening, and familiarity with the new ARR combat system and job skills. As mentioned before, there will be some flexibility which can be worked out during the application process. While the plan is to help everyone achieve their in-game goals, please note that expectations and participation may vary according to your experience and levels.

We had high standards and experienced much success in 1.0, so the goal is a return to those standards. Our endgame requirements will become further defined once we find equilibrium in ARR.

DKP and minimum endgame attendance
    We have never used a DKP system and do not plan on starting in ARR. Also, we do not require attendance for events or have login requirements (although extended absences without prior notification may require action). It is not difficult to see who is contributing to our endgame goals and who isn't. The less you login, the less opportunities you will have - such is the nature of the endgame beast. You get out of Conviction whatever you put in.

For reference, every Conviction endgame member that played consistently during the final months of 1.0 obtained at least one relic weapon.

Communication
    The linkshell uses both these forums and vent heavily for organization. While speaking on vent isn't necessary for most players, the use of vent is required for the majority of our endgame events.

Free Company Rules
    Use common sense - we are all adults. Everyone has fun in their own way and if it's even remotely close to our flavor of fun then we should get along just fine.

Endgame members are expected to give a heads-up when they expect to miss a planned event. Common courtesy, but still worth mentioning.

Little Mother
    BG Level

Having played with Conviction over several games for the past several years, I can say if you are a end game minded player who likes a laid back environment, Conviction is a good fit for you.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverBreeze View Post
    Having played with Conviction over several games for the past several years, I can say if you are a end game minded player who likes a laid back environment, Conviction is a good fit for you.
    <3 Maddy

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zettai Ryouiki
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

For a good time, ask Indy about Trabia server first glue!

Hey I worked hard to ensure we had a corner on the Alc market....that goes to show how little there was to the game when making server first glue was a big deal! lol

Lots of strong apps, keep em coming!

What an emotional weekend, so many old faces logging in for the first time in two years....such a great thing to see. Lots of great memories to remember and lots of new memories to create. Its a wonderful thing being a part of Conviction.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by SilverBreeze View Post
    Seconded. Conviction took care of me back in Rift, and I had a great time with them. I recommend them if you're going to be on Hyperion and have the desire.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    Seconded. Conviction took care of me back in Rift, and I had a great time with them. I recommend them if you're going to be on Hyperion and have the desire.
    Long time no see Lucavi, thanks for the kind words. I hope gaming has treated you well since Rift

Lots of great apps, couldnt be happier with the new people we have added. Capping membership before the game launches would be silly, so we are still accepting apps of all shapes and sizes. If you have a good attitude and a good gaming background the chances are we would love to have you. We typically process apps the day of, so that you can know where you stand moving forward.

What a great weekend!