Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Getting Pwnd By Maat     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Getting Pwnd By Maat

Hello BG forums. I've been reading these forums for a while now and have never really posted anything. But over the weekend I ran into something and need some expert advice on. I am currently a 69 PLD on Cereberus and have took on Maat 3 times now. The first time I was lvl 67 and just went for shits and giggles not really expecting to win. I went back twice over the past weekend. I used the strat that our ls pld used which consisted of basically out tanking him. No real gear changes. just go in there with alot of hipots a few yag drinks and a icarus wing. Everything was going great on the second go. Kept my hp above his and was going for the win. He used a WS (think it was spinning kick??) Shortly there after he poped his Invincible. This is where things started going bad.... I kited him while his 2hr was goin then after it wore he popped Asuran fists which damn near took me out. I popped my 2hr and started spamming hipots to get my hp back up. As soon as I popped my 2hr he started spamming asuran fists, ended up taking 7 while the 2hr was up and the last 2 ended my 2nd go at Maat. I was pretty mad about the loss let alone the fact that he pwnd me with the asuran fists. So Sat. night I went back out and farmed up another test and went back for another go. Same strat same end. Took 8 this time before 2hr wore and down I went. Talked to a 70 pld on my server that was going thru the same thing. Anyone ever heard of this happening? Is there anything that I can do to prevent it from happening?

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

o.o he used asuran fists 8 times on you, omfg, in my 5 fights, starting at 66 he fucking owned me, next 3 from 67-69 i just couldnt do enough damage, time ran out each time, 4th try at 70 i was fucking raping him (literally had him at about 25% hp, he had no 2hr, i still had mine, i was at about 80%hp and i had used only 2 or 3 hi pots) then SE decided to DC me (to say i was pissed would be the understatement of the century), 5th and final try it came down to a final ws from each of us, he decided shoulder tackle would be the way to go (it wasnt lol) then i finished him with vorpal blade, not one time in all 5 tries did he use asuran fists on me

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Damn, pld maat sounds horrible

My maat fight was over so fast he didn't get to use a WS and i beat the drk recored by over 2min lol

I think you probally used to many hi pots cause i realized it's almost a waist you pop one and he hits you right after making it almost pointless, just focus on the dmg. Thats the best advice i can give

PLD Maat: Invincible, cure spells, and Asuran Fists.....Nasty!

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

It hasn't been any fun that's for sure... Then again I havn't heard to many jobs that it has been fun

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

It's fun on BLM. BLM maat is a joke.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lito Rex
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I remember someone saying you needed to do 3 WS on Maat to win. I dunno though

Took me like 7 or 9 tries to beat him though

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

I'm 1/1 on my charecter and 1/1 on my friend's character(he lost like 5 times so asked me to do it for him), I've never seen him do ws on me like 5 times, he's only done it once each time I've fought him, he's a joke, I guess it is all pure luck though aswell depending on the ws he'll use, He never used Asuran Fists on me both time I've fought him but he was such a joke, the 1st time I fought him as my char, I bought an icarus wing and never even used it

eh, I hope you beat him, good luck~

Edit: I used the strat on one of those sites, sleep till 100% tp, he flashes you, wait till flash is over, vorpal blade him then fight, when he uses invicible, kite him around, use your invincible when his is over and shouldnt be that hard after that..bring a vile elixer, icarus wing and some other meds..

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

I'm not gonna try again till I'm like 1tnl. See if that does anygood. But thanks for the info ^^ I'll let ya know when I finally beat the old man down

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

PLD Maat is not that hard, just do a couple things.

1. 10~15 Hi Potions
    2. Vile Elixer (If shit hits the fan)
    3. Opo-Opo Neckless + Sleep pots
    4. Squid Sushi
    5. 3 Yag Drinks
    6. 2 Pamama au Luits
    7. 4 Sleep Pots
    8. Icuras Wing

Walk in, buff up and use one of each drink. Equip the Opo-Opo Neckless and use 4 Sleep pots, that should give you 100TP. Engage Maat and Vorpal Blade him as soon as you can. Use the Icuras Wing and do another Vorpal Blade. Just stay in Maat's face, hacking away using self cures and wait for him to 2Hour. [Also use Vorpal Blade everytime you get 100TP] When he goes Invincible, Flash and kite. If your health is really low 2 hour and use meds to get back up.

The whole trick to the fight is to out last him, basicly spam Hi Potions. Try to borrow a Haub from a friend if you can, if not, its not that big of a deal. Most people fight Maat in thier AF.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

I used meat mithkabob instead of the squid sushi and the panama au laits arent really necessary >.>;;

btw..espadon or joyeuse for maat if didnt already know

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

If you can get O Hat, Joyeuse and a Haubergeon for your Maat fight, you should wipe the floor with him. If not you either suck or god hates you.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

nuu >.>;; Friend's SH and espadon ftw

Rich

maat is cake on any job

Black Belt
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Rich
    maat is cake on any job
    and you definitely have a Maat's Cap to support that statement.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

omg i died on blm i should kill myself

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Been using my Glut sword and Af. Hafta borrow the haub from a friend and give that a go with a new sword

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Enchanted items didn't exsist when I fought maat but nowadays can't you use ones that'll give Blink/Haste/Stoneskin/etc? I'd think that would be helpful.

As already stated though, do the Opo-opo necklace trick for sure. With that and an icarus wing thats 2 WSs right off the bat.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

I lost to Maat once... when I accedently entered the BC without checking to find out my 2 hr was not up for 45 min. other than that WAR mat is cake, about 30 seconds to kill him.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

If you get a Joyeuse it's cake.

:D

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Spartan Hoplan. Enchantment: Phalanx. Won't negate a HUGE chunk of dmg, but enough to maybe make the difference.

When I did Maat as pld, I borrowed all kinds of attack gear, and macro'd the hell out of my equipment. Switching from full-on tank gear to str rings, coral earrings, haubergeon, amemet mantle, royal guard's collar, and valk mask for weapon skills will let you wipe the floor with him. Don't sleep past 100% tp, if you wait too long to engage he gets overly feisty. Basically, enter, pro/shell up, use a yag drink and immediately start sleeping for tp. When you're at 100 tp you should have full mp again, use an attack food, run in, (start in attack gear) and vorpal/swift blade him. I used swift, personally, if you're using sushi instead of meat then probably go for vorpal. Bring eye drops for flash, macro EVERYTHING you possibly need to do, including tp wing, hi potions, yag drinks, eye drops, and equipment changes.

With the attack setup I won with my third weapon skill, he didn't use a single ws and the fight was very very fast.