+ Reply to Thread
    Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

New skillup recipes since ToAU

Since I'm currently working my way through a # of crafts, all the guides I find still use old items, and/or are old guides and markets have changed quite a bit since then. Main point of post is, out of the new drops the new areas have (puk wings, wamoura cocoon, etc) what new recipes can be used via skilling up that the old guides do not reflect, mainly leather and cloth, when is the earliest any of these new recipes can be used in place of some of the older 1's. Thanks in advance.

70s woodworking used to suck, because all you would have to synth was commodes and cabinets, which sold for decent gil(usually breakeven, sometimes very small profit), but were unstackable obviously. The 70s just got a whole helluva lot easier with the addition of marid arrows(81 cap) so i'd
    probably definitely go with those from 71/72(with support) and on.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Moosey
    70s woodworking used to suck, because all you would have to synth was commodes and cabinets, which sold for decent gil(usually breakeven, sometimes very small profit), but were unstackable obviously. The 70s just got a whole helluva lot easier with the addition of marid arrows(81 cap) so i'd
    I was in the 70s when ToAU came out and noticed this recipe immediately... however, I could never find Apkallu feathers or fletchings to complete the synth. I ended up doing Commodes/Cabinets anyway...

Speaking of Apkallu fletchings, does anyone have a reasonable guess as to where that recipe caps?

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Vedder
    Quote Originally Posted by Moosey
    I was in the 70s when ToAU came out and noticed this recipe immediately... however, I could never find Apkallu feathers or fletchings to complete the synth. I ended up doing Commodes/Cabinets anyway...

Speaking of Apkallu fletchings, does anyone have a reasonable guess as to where that recipe caps?
    I'll check the guild shortly, I want to make these for my WW mule but the feathers literally dont sell on the AH

edit: lolnpc doesn't give the recipe, i can't help ya ><

Old Merits
    BG Level

Re: New skillup recipes since ToAU

Quote Originally Posted by Koyangi
    Since I'm currently working my way through a # of crafts, all the guides I find still use old items, and/or are old guides and markets have changed quite a bit since then. Main point of post is, out of the new drops the new areas have (puk wings, wamoura cocoon, etc) what new recipes can be used via skilling up that the old guides do not reflect, mainly leather and cloth, when is the earliest any of these new recipes can be used in place of some of the older 1's. Thanks in advance.
    Don't use guides.

Just go to somepage and pull up the recipe list for your craft starting at w/e lvl you are. Then just spend a few minutes at the AH comparing cost to make/money recovered for each of those recipes.

Guides, like you said, get outdated, but not only that, they shepherd hundreds of people into synthing the same shit, destroying any chance there ever was of profiting or even breaking even half the time.

Naver

I dont know when to start Puk wings > Puk Fletchings, but it got me to 82. Fairly cheap at a low money sink. Also 82 you can start wam. cacoons > silk, I believe this takes you to 88 just like spider webs did. Wam. Silk > cloth to 90.

LazyShell
    BG Level

for bonecraft, you can now synth hellish bugles up to 85, which saves you from the loss of dragon masks for at least a little longer. its not much but its something

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

Quote Originally Posted by Stilgar
    Don't use guides.

Just go to somepage and pull up the recipe list for your craft starting at w/e lvl you are. Then just spend a few minutes at the AH comparing cost to make/money recovered for each of those recipes.

Guides, like you said, get outdated, but not only that, they shepherd hundreds of people into synthing the same shit, destroying any chance there ever was of profiting or even breaking even half the time.
    Yeah, I looked up Hunter Cotton, and said I will do this to 62, I can synth the carapace to 21 in bone (12 atm) and cotton thread is half as cheap as silk, so overall I get 10 levels in bone and a cheaper ride to 62 in cloth.

Don't use guides.

Yeah, I looked up Hunter Cotton, and said I will do this to 62, I can synth the carapace to 21 in bone (12 atm) and cotton thread is half as cheap as silk, so overall I get 10 levels in bone and a cheaper ride to 62 in cloth.
    and only cost you a fortune in time. Remember, if you spend half an hour saving yourself 30k, you wasted 30 minutes you could have been farming @100k+ per hour

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

Quote Originally Posted by aurik
    Don't use guides.

and only cost you a fortune in time. Remember, if you spend half an hour saving yourself 30k, you wasted 30 minutes you could have been farming @100k+ per hour
    I'm eventually going to get all of my subs to 60, so I'm not wasting time by getting bone to 21 making ingredients another craft can use making the cost of the hellish 53-62 ride cost half as much. I understand your point, but I don't see it applying here.

On a sidenote, the other synths in bone at 12-21 suck, and are synths you NPC after practically each synth, so it is a double benefit here either way.

Anyone know what Imperial Wootz caps at? Some have told me 99 like the regular wootz synth, but others have told me 100+.