+ Reply to Thread
    Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Razer Lycosa backlight issue

The issue I'm having is that whenever I'm playing FFXIV, the keyboards blue backlight will eventually turn off after about 5-10 minutes forcing me to use the touch pad on the keyboard to turn it back on. Thing is, it keeps doing it every 5-10 minutes.

I've tried googling for my answer and I've found nothing. I updated it to the latest drivers and it's still causing me the problem.

Anyone have any suggestions? Is this a BIO's issue with USB drivers/ports?

Pandemonium
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

How technically inclined are you?

http://www.artage.de/2008/03/10/raze...w-to-fix-them/

If you don't want to take apart the keyboard as that site suggests, though, note how it recommends putting a weight on an unused key to keep the light on. That's a non-technical option.

I would also suggest trying to get around Razer's online support database and contacting someone. When I had a problem with a Razer headset a few years ago, they helped me.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I haven't attempted to contact their support team but I suppose it's worth a shot. Thanks for the link you provided although it doesn't relate to my issue fortunately. My keyboard lights up fine and stays lit as long as I want it to, it's FFXIV that it doesn't seem to like with it timing out and forcing me to turn the backlight back on only when that game is running. Oh well, will continue my search for a fix and contact Razer in the mean time. If I get word back I'll post whatever fix or response they have here.

Are you sure you aren't hitting the touchpad accidentally?

I highly doubt its anything but that... I hit mine quite frequently and am always like "wtf?!"..then Im like, "oh, I must have hit it on accident"