FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Linkshells

Hey,

This isn't exactly worthy of the endgame forum but I thought people here might have some useful input.

I run a shell which started when an earlier shell broke. It's been going for over two years. With one exception I think when we started the highest level in the shell was around 54. So we were well and truly a social and early game shell. We were just hitting af

A while in we decided that we needed more people and started recruiting with a base line of level 50 and rank 5.

These days we run with a large group of level 75's, many of which have at least two jobs at 75.

Obviously what people are interested in changes as they level. Shell doesn't run Dynamis but does run some limited Limbus.

Problem is that I've encountered a fair resistance to moving to a more organised structure in terms of running events etc which I feel is inevitable as the events we want to be involved with involve more people.

I'm interested in people's experiences in similar positions. Have you successfully manage to move your essentially long term active social shell into more endgame? Have you ended up splitting or even breaking your shell and moving on with core members?

We recently recruited a bunch of 50-65 players in the hope of eventually bolstering our numbers to quite a significant force. I just wonder whether this was a bit short sighted. Some people have responded to the shell's environment well and some have been intimidated.

Just wondering really if anyone had any experiences they wanted to share.

Eld

What I can tell you, is that recruiting more people isn't the answer. From my experience, sticking with a smaller group of dedicated, skilled players is a more efficient way to take down any mob. When you start to add somewhat random people to your core group of friends a lot of complications can occur, which lead to drama, people you don't know are suddenly untrustworthy and threaten to destroy LS, the list goes on. \

I know some people may disagree with me on this, but from my experience this is the case.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

separation in a LS is never good... sooner or later you'll have a problem... imo try to incorporate the already existing limbus runs on a wider scale

ive seen it happen =/