+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Signed Memorabilia     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Signed Memorabilia

Didn't know where else to ask this so I'm starting a topic. Anyone have any experience in buying any signed entertainment/sports memorabilia? I'm almost complete with my dream come true man cave, but there are pieces of items I would love to get my hands on. Everything else I have I've always obtained face to face with the individual to get the item signed, so I'm a little apprehensive about the whole online market for it.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

No real answers for you, but I've got Joe Montana's on a Chiefs (lol) hat for your mancave, a freebie for BG if I can dig it up.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I actually am on the other side of this. I have a storage unit full of signed stuff, rookie cards, jerseys, you name it. Have no idea how to go about unloading it in a way that I won' get ripped off. Also it's a ton of work so I just haven't been eager to do it.

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Quote Originally Posted by Xno Kappa View Post
    Didn't know where else to ask this so I'm starting a topic. Anyone have any experience in buying any signed entertainment/sports memorabilia? I'm almost complete with my dream come true man cave, but there are pieces of items I would love to get my hands on. Everything else I have I've always obtained face to face with the individual to get the item signed, so I'm a little apprehensive about the whole online market for it.
    There's a dealer not too far from me that specializes in it. The county winds up giving him a lot of business as he supplies a lot of autographed memorabilia to be silent auctioned off at local crab feed's and such. Also if you're fine with auctions, NFL, MLB, etc. all are constantly auctioning autographed stuff out for charity. It's going to be more current players, but you may also be able to write it off as a tax break if they are certified with the IRS.

Also in this vein, I won an autographed SI with Mike Trout on the cover the year he won the rookie of the year award. I actually want to try to track down his rookie card and try to get both framed together, but not sure how to go about for the framing.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Melena View Post
    There's a dealer not too far from me that specializes in it. The county winds up giving him a lot of business as he supplies a lot of autographed memorabilia to be silent auctioned off at local crab feed's and such. Also if you're fine with auctions, NFL, MLB, etc. all are constantly auctioning autographed stuff out for charity. It's going to be more current players, but you may also be able to write it off as a tax break if they are certified with the IRS.
    Thanks for the heads up. Seeing a signed Evan Engram panel ball and a Davis Webb signed mini helmet, tempted to bid for both.

United States of Smash!
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Melena View Post

Also in this vein, I won an autographed SI with Mike Trout on the cover the year he won the rookie of the year award. I actually want to try to track down his rookie card and try to get both framed together, but not sure how to go about for the framing.

I have a couple of Magic the Gathering cards framed next to the original oil paintings done for the cards. Most competent frame shops should be able to frame things like that without damaging the items in a permanent way. The cards can be put in with those corner holders and I imagine they have larger versions of that for magazines. Just shop around and ask a lot of questions when you go to the frame shop to make sure they know what they are doing. You can always ask for examples or ideas from them too.

BG Level

Latest addition to my collection.

Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    BG Level

If you buy anything from O.J. just make sure he's actually selling it.

BG Level

What say you BG?

https://nflauction.nfl.com/iSynApp/a...tionId=1949019

Gronk signed football on NFL auction currently being bid at $95 with 2 days left.

Special at 11:30 or w/e

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

What say you BG?

Gronk signed football on NFL auction currently being bid at $95 with 2 days left.
    Meh, the modern day Maharaja Jinder Mahal made a fool out of that peasant Rob Gronski.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

What say you BG?

Up to 173 now, but fuck it looks like he smeared the signature partially going by those pics.

BG Level

Yeah. Think I'm gonna let it pass. I hate the patriots but Gronk is pretty cool in my book.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Yeah, i hate the Pats as well but Edelman and Gronk are national treasures.

BG Level

What do you think about the Brandon Jacobs bid?

https://nflauction.nfl.com/iSynApp/a...0&pgmode2=team

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Signature looks clean with no smudges, so that's a plus. Typically signed balls depending on the quality of player I would spend between 50-175 on. Framed autographed pictures with game tickets and such I'd go higher on if it's a player/team I pull for. Had one for the sf Giants on their four game sweep of the tigers I wish I had money for. Was used game tickets to all four games, a few pictures and autographs from the starting position players and four pitchers. Think it sold on silent auction for like 700

BG Level

Signed Memorabilia

Just won the Davis Webb signed mini helmet for $10 lol. I think I'm gonna put in a bid for the Jacobs ball.

EDIT: won the Brandon Jacobs ball for $55.27. Not bad imo

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

You want a Joe Montana Chiefs hat? We'll ship you this if it'll fit somewhere in the man cave.

Spoiler: show

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

Yeah. Think I'm gonna let it pass. I hate the patriots but Gronk is pretty cool in my book.
    Definitely get something Gronk related at some point because when all is said and done he's gonna be GOAT at his position and you should have a GOAT case filled with GOAT memorabilia

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Quote Originally Posted by Roranora View Post
    You want a Joe Montana Chiefs hat? We'll ship you this if it'll fit somewhere in the man cave.

Spoiler: show

This makes me sad and happy at the same time as I grew up watching Montana play when he was with the niners.