FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

This thread fails to deliver.

I respectfully disagree.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

On topic, I deleted all of the files associated with <call0> through <call20> - ah, so much nicer now

I understand why they are in the game, but I don't understand why their volume is independant of the other in-game music & sound effects volume. I managed to blow a pair of speakers because I was watching a movie on other monitor with the sound cranked up (with in-game sound turned completely off), and <call10> came across.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Sorry, but it has to be played...

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y38...rds/turtle.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by draxyl
    On topic, I deleted all of the files associated with <call0> through <call20> - ah, so much nicer now

I understand why they are in the game, but I don't understand why their volume is independant of the other in-game music & sound effects volume. I managed to blow a pair of speakers because I was watching a movie on other monitor with the sound cranked up (with in-game sound turned completely off), and <call10> came across.
    Please.tell.me.how.to.do.this.

I want to level lowbie jobs without getting headaches from retards with <call1> in their boost macro.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Tilo

I want to level lowbie jobs without getting headaches from retards with <call1> in their boost macro.
    I'd like to know this as well. If the sounds can be edited, I think I'll either replace them with something more pleasent or just lower the overall volume on all the calls by about 80%.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

Quote Originally Posted by Tilo

quoted for emphasis

Quote Originally Posted by BRP
    Incorrect use of the internets.
    Would be the correct answer.

I would also like to know if there is a way to lower the volume of <call>s, not completely delete them. \(` A `)/

Quote Originally Posted by kylewhat
    I would also like to know if there is a way to lower the volume of <call>s, not completely delete them. \(` A `)/
    Your JP Face Fails.(`д´)
    Go to the Windower Forums.. I believe there is a Sticky on it.

watch out OP is gonna offer 100k for mages to join his manaburn dynamis shell

Quote Originally Posted by Koga
    Your JP Face Fails.(`д´)
    Go to the Windower Forums.. I believe there is a Sticky on it.
    Many people don't have JP installed on their computers making the real JP faces, as you may know, show up as boxes to them. I used the "wee tawted" face so that users without JP installed wouldn't feel like they were missing out.

Anyway....

(` д ´)凸 we can still be friends koga!

(` д ´)凸 we can still be friends koga!
    ^______________________________^ anyone?

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Well, on lowering the volume of calls I don't have much to offer there. I suppose you could always re-encode them yourself after lowering the audio in another application - there are converters out there bgw > wave > bgw I think. It's not really hard to encode from .wav into .bgw and replace files, if you just want different sounds in there.

If you just want to globally mute the application you can try Indie Volume. It worked so-so for me, I tried the trial for 2 weeks before just deciding to delete my <call> files. Seemed to like to glitch entering/leaving mog house and I'd get that music looping on my pc - even after closing down POL to desktop, and killing the Indie volume program. Anyhow, link:

http://www.indievolume.com/

And, to delete (or to be safe rename or move them to a temp folder) the call files, you'll want to move the 21 files from "se000017.spw" through "se000038.spw" under this directory:
    C:\Program Files\PlayOnline\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XI\sound\win\se\se000\

I just moved mine under \se000\backup in case I want to re-activate them for some reason.

Figuring out which files were the <call>'s was easy, I just browsed around using the Playonline Utilities from Pebbles. Just go audio manager > Sound effects > FFXI > Main sounds, and you should see the call files listed there. Here is a link to snag the utility:

http://users.pandora.be/pebbles/downloads.html

Can it be done on PS2 as well?!?

I wanna change every <call> to "Team America....Fuck Yeah!!"

that's a hawt gay avatar ^.~

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Skyylya
    Can it be done on PS2 as well?!?

I wanna change every <call> to "Team America....Fuck Yeah!!"
    Ya know, if you could get the drive to be read by a PC or *nix system, I don't see any reason why you couldn't change the files that way. Would be kind of intensive, and you'll have to re-do it once the next client update comes down. I've never actually seen/played a ps2 with hard drive, so I have no idea how it connects to the system.