WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Things broken by the update:

My hopes and dreams.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

For that moghouse thing, i had it to... you need to reup rom/0/51.dat, i did a fix and got it working, wipped all my dat mods and that and rom/0/128.dat was fixed too, i know these are changes since my back ups of the files didnt have my backed up dat notation...

Mcgeeness

Quote Originally Posted by Rocl View Post

My hopes and dreams.
    ^
    ^
    ^
    ^
    ^
    ^

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bone Baron
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Don't know too much about windower, but since we had to disable recasts in order to log on to ffxi, how long are we looking at before we will have recasts again? They have to do an update on windower and we will have to get the new version yes?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by juilan View Post
    For that moghouse thing, i had it to... you need to reup rom/0/51.dat, i did a fix and got it working, wipped all my dat mods and that and rom/0/128.dat was fixed too, i know these are changes since my back ups of the files didnt have my backed up dat notation...
    You are speaking Chineese to me brosef, can you do a quick step by step for me? Going to sleep and hoping for an emergency maint to fix it but if not Id appreciate a reply plz =(

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Loughry View Post
    Don't know too much about windower, but since we had to disable recasts in order to log on to ffxi, how long are we looking at before we will have recasts again? They have to do an update on windower and we will have to get the new version yes?
    The windower team are updating as we speak i believe.

Think theres info in another thread

A soulflayer is missing at Hediva island, entrance camp (H-8 ). There should be 2 but I only see one.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

lets start with whats not broke, as it seems almost everything is.

well cant even do that, cant get past the mail screen without the thing timing out. so ya everything. God why do I even try to log in after a update.(this is with using SE windower dont use the real one till everything is fixed ever after an update, just me tho)

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalcia Rouge
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by azagarth View Post
    Hmm i cant even log in now, crashed before the log in screen for me eveytime during the blue accept screen.

Anyone else with windower having these issues?
    same here, crashed my FFXI right after leaving POL on one PC, and freezes on other -_-;
    it seems to be windower problem, as I have logged with no problem without it :<

siiri

Quote Originally Posted by juilan View Post

I had similar issue. The exact same bad file rom/0/51.dat. I couldn't talk to npcs in whitegate or my moogle. When I downloaded update originally I had error on a file, I ignored it, retried it went through. After update I had these issues in whitegate. I have never used ffxistyle or spellcast, I was logging in without windower and recast removed from folder and crashes still occurred.

All I did to fix it was run a simple file check. At the pol login screen, select file checker on the left side menu. Use the drop down menu to select ffxi files, not the pol files. Took me about 45 minutes, and its fixed. ( Knock on wood, I am at work but I did test it on 3 npcs in whitegate and moogle before I left. ) Good luck all with this issue.

I also had error in event viewer on file ffximain.dll which someone else had.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Skjie View Post
    Hilarious crashes when I try to do most things with spellcast loaded.
    I put on my kitty rod and SC crashed

Quote Originally Posted by Kimiko View Post
    Crafting in general is broken atm. Just had a friend crit fail 5/10 sole sushi synths with 100+3 cooking.
    I blew up an abnormal amount of synths today.
    100+2 Bonecraft
    Synth
    Demon Arrowheads (63)
    7 crit breaks/12 no HQ's

12 is unfortunately a small sample size but 7 crits at that level is crazy for me.

Some people have reported not getting skillups. Has anyone gotten a skillup that any of you know of?

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Rocl View Post

My hopes and dreams.
    My sleep pattern, and my summoning heart </3

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholette View Post
    Some people have reported not getting skillups. Has anyone gotten a skillup that any of you know of?
    I got a fishing skillup last night, if that counts for anything.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

I started getting shield skillups like crazy after update. Still mourning my mitts tho.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Gurubashi

I wouldn't necessarily call this broken, but I have NO idea what this means. Surprised me, but basically I used a ranged attack and it said "hits the <t> squarely..." I didn't know where else to post this but... maybe someone can enlighten me as to what this means?

http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/g...110_101355.png

EDIT: Another ranged attack said "Despain's ranged attack strikes true, pummeling..."

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Yea synths are broken but good. 59.8+1 Bonecraft crit failed 60 out of 200 Shell Earrings with Advanced Synth support (caps at lv3 god damnit) and only got 1 HQ

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Despain View Post
    I wouldn't necessarily call this broken, but I have NO idea what this means. Surprised me, but basically I used a ranged attack and it said "hits the <t> squarely..." I didn't know where else to post this but... maybe someone can enlighten me as to what this means?

http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/g...110_101355.png

EDIT: Another ranged attack said "Despain's ranged attack strikes true, pummeling..."
    read update notes maacha

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

It's part of the RNG update.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn
    WoW Realm
    Dalaran

That's part of the new ranged attack system they put in place letting you know the 'best' place to shoot from. It's nice, but gets very annoying since the whole party can see the spam

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast