+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Comcast Down Time...     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Comcast Down Time...

I have noticed that almost everyday around 12pm ( GMT -8 ) Pacific Time that my Comcast Cable Internet connection box restarts itself and wont reconnect til like 2pm ( GMT -8 ) Pacific Time. Is it just me or is it happening to other people out there. Please help me out so it doesn't just seem like its me.

I don't have the same problem, if I do I don't notice. It just happens because you're in Bellingham, you almost-canadian. >:O

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

I'm just wondering because I hate to keep getting free service from comcast (/sarcasm) :D It still is annoying though.

Maybe 'cause you're so far from the actual server place or something, I'm a few blocks from it. You're like a bagillion blocks away from it.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

See I used to live in Renton and it still had this problem but it wasn't every day and it wasn't the same time each week it would be like 3 times a week at random times it makes me sad.

Do you live on/off campus at Western? Or do you just live in Bellingham as a normal person? (and not as a college student)

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Normal person.

All I can suggest is call comcast and tell them you need a new box.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

I wish I could... We bought a box so we didnt have to pay $100000000 to rent a damn box.... I dunno I will probably end up keep getting free service til they fix it.

Hurray for Washingtonian people coming together! >_>;

It's the box you own that's the problem. Maybe there is someone you can call for help (hehe call for help) and see what the problem is unless you bought it directly from Comcast.

I had a problem a while back where there was grease on the wire and it would shutdown the internet and it wouldn't work. You might wanna try that for a second.

Btw, any of you Washington folk like Mithras? :wink:

>_>;.. As a Taru I have come to fear Mithra. But sometimes I tug on their tails and waddle away as fast as my taru legs will take me.

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

No, it's Comcast... I know 6 people that all have Comcast (this is nationwide) and they are all seeing the same issues randomly.

Either my connection completely goes out or the DNS's Comcast uses are going down...meaning that if your PC already has a translated IP in it, you are fine. However, try to go to a *different* website after the DNS drops and you're fucked.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

THATS EXACTLY WHAT HAPPENS... I CAN REFRESH THE WEBSITE I'M ON AND IT REFRESHES BUT AROUND THIS TIME OF DAY IF I TRY TO GOTO ANOTHER SITE IT WILL KNOCK IT OUT ... WHEN ARE THEY GONNA FIX THIS?