+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Leveraging Microsoft Sway     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Leveraging Microsoft Sway

One of the lawyers in the firm I work at is starting to branch into technology and information security law. He has mostly dealt with white collar crimes in the past, and as a way to differentiate himself while he branches out into this is to come up with a "digital" business card separate from a standard business card using Microsoft Sway.

The issue with that is, as the marketing guy for the firm, I have zero experience in using Sway. In looking into its unveil and current state, it still seems to be in some weird flux between full on product and beta digital sandbox.

Has anyone here used it at a moderate to extensive level in their lines of work? What kind of limitations does it have in terms of media it can use?

My initial thought was to have it attach to his outgoing email, since he is looking to leverage it as a business card of sorts, with a small graphic which would lead to his firm website profile, but then I'm worried about people getting worried on clicking e-mail links which defeats the whole purpose in him building this image as a guy who fights against data theft.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Kirin View Post
    One of the lawyers in the firm I work at is starting to branch into technology and information security law. He has mostly dealt with white collar crimes in the past, and as a way to differentiate himself while he branches out into this is to come up with a "digital" business card separate from a standard business card using Microsoft Sway.

The issue with that is, as the marketing guy for the firm, I have zero experience in using Sway. In looking into its unveil and current state, it still seems to be in some weird flux between full on product and beta digital sandbox.

Has anyone here used it at a moderate to extensive level in their lines of work? What kind of limitations does it have in terms of media it can use?

My initial thought was to have it attach to his outgoing email, since he is looking to leverage it as a business card of sorts, with a small graphic which would lead to his firm website profile, but then I'm worried about people getting worried on clicking e-mail links which defeats the whole purpose in him building this image as a guy who fights against data theft.
    What the fuck is wrong with the signature option in gmail (or whatever client you use)?

This sounds dumb. People are not going to click links in an email and many clients are going to flag the emails or send directly to spam.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

I'm not disagreeing with you, I'm just trying to think of a few ways to best utilize this when I have no familiarity with it.

He is one of those guys that gets geeked out about the next best thing without considering whether its best to use it or not tech wise. Thats all.

The Real Cookiemonster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dark Depravity
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by SathFenrir View Post
    What the fuck is wrong with the signature option in gmail (or whatever client you use)?

This sounds dumb. People are not going to click links in an email and many clients are going to flag the emails or send directly to spam.
    This is the proper answer, if they have been properly trained, they will usually shun links in e-mails they aren't sure what is. It's what I teach our people to do. One of the banks in Norway a while back sent out an info e-mail with a link to click to their customers, they were ridiculed in the tech press for quite a while after.
    Alas, I have nothing productive to contribute to the question itself.