BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

April 2016 Version Update - Discussion & Findings

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

So since the version update notes are up, I guess we'll go on to talking about that.

Ambuscade looks... interesting? Sort of? The fact that not only does the content change every month, but so does the rewards, sorta both excites me and puts me off. It makes it so that it's very limited-time drops that you can only get during that month. Still, gonna have to see what they get.

Not gonna lie, I almost wonder if with the augment system it will obsolete some Reisenjima gear. There are some nice possibilities for various situations, thanks to the fact that this is chosen and static augments. So you could do say, STR+20, Acc/Atk+20, and WSD+10% for a WS piece. Or DEX+20, Acc/Atk+20, STP+10 (or DW+10 to get all your DW in 1-2 slots) for a TP piece. Etc etc. It should be interesting.

15 minute respawns on dragons, well. It'd be nice if people actually killed them but hey, I might be able to chip one down slowly on my own at this rate!

Wardrobe 2, yesssss. All my yes. I do like the prioritizing on item loadouts too. That's pretty cool that it focuses on inventory/wardrobes first.

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Anyone else not able to log in to POL? I'm getting an 0206 error as soon as I try to log in...

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Tarage View Post
    Anyone else not able to log in to POL? I'm getting an 0206 error as soon as I try to log in...
    There is Playonline server maintenance during this update, which is unusual for version updates. http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/pol...ews24546.shtml

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tarage View Post
    I believe it's POL maint too. So we won't get anything for an hour, and then everyone will be downloading at once. Going to be fun.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

It is possible to download the update right now. Sabotage a file in your FFXI folder (i usually do ROM>0>0.DAT) by deleting it then run a check file within POL on FFXI. This will force a version update. Do it at your own risk. 871 total files.

Disclaimer: this usually erases all custom dat mods.

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Ah go figure. I wonder what they're changing.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistrianna Galanodel
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by Kensagaku View Post
    Not gonna lie, I almost wonder if with the augment system it will obsolete some Reisenjima gear. There are some nice possibilities for various situations, thanks to the fact that this is chosen and static augments. So you could do say, STR+20, Acc/Atk+20, and WSD+10% for a WS piece. Or DEX+20, Acc/Atk+20, STP+10 (or DW+10 to get all your DW in 1-2 slots) for a TP piece. Etc etc. It should be interesting.
    The notes seem to indicate that you can only put 1 augment on the items.

EDIT:
    Types of augmentations
    The types of augmentations an item may provide varies by type. A list of items and their properties are given below.
    * Only one property may be obtained per item.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Alistrianna View Post
    The notes seem to indicate that you can only put 1 augment on the items.

EDIT:
    Types of augmentations
    The types of augmentations an item may provide varies by type. A list of items and their properties are given below.
    * Only one property may be obtained per item.
    My assumption, based off of how their other augment systems works, is that's it's 1 augment per item you use to augment. So you'll get 1 attribute, one attack/acc, and one fern-stone augment per piece.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Updating wiki now, F5.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Kind of curious exactly what they mean by "* Only one property may be obtained per item." Assume they mean type of stone so you can get 3 slots but what if they mean just each item traded? Imagine that grind to max out all the relevant stats for you lol. Disappointed in the lack of dt augments and the rather small amount of pet ones though

Edit: Wait wut will the only augmentable things for ambuscade be capes this time around lol~!?!

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Kind of curious exactly what they mean by "* Only one property may be obtained per item." Assume they mean type of stone so you can get 3 slots but what if they mean just each item traded? Imagine that grind to max out all the relevant stats for you lol. Disappointed in the lack of dt augments and the rather small amount of pet ones though
    Not sure what you mean. But it flat out states it'll take 10-20 of each sap/dust/thread to max a stat. So to max out each piece it'll take 50 items. But it's also a 100% chance you'll get that max item.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ziz Gorlin
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I hope these aren't the only items in the update because holy fuck lol.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Taranus's Cape - DEF:15 Magic burst damage +5 "Mana Wall"+10% whelp now you've done SE. Mana wall tanking might become a thing

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Kanriel View Post
    Not sure what you mean. But it flat out states it'll take 10-20 of each sap/dust/thread to max a stat. So to max out each piece it'll take 50 items. But it's also a 100% chance you'll get that max item.
    I mean is it saying we can get 1 per category or is it just saying 1 item gets 1 stat or is it just 1 stat per armor etc. They keep interusing the word item a lot in there and SE has been worse than ever on how they word thing lately

Relic Shield
    BG Level

I mean is it saying we can get 1 per category or is it just saying 1 item gets 1 stat or is it just 1 stat per armor etc.
    We've had 3 augment slots for alluvion gear and reisenjima gear, usually get 3 augmented stats for delve/eschalixir gear, I don't see them making it only one augment allowed these days.

Edit: And if you can augment those capes oh my fuck.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Kanriel View Post
    We've had 3 augment slots for alluvion gear and reisenjima gear, usually get 3 augmented stats for delve/eschalixir gear, I don't see them making it only one augment allowed these days.

Edit: And if you can augment those capes oh my fuck.
    Yeah yeah I know what is likely I just wondering out loud exactly what the actual case is. Actually hoping we can do every single stat

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Yeah yeah I know what is likely I just wondering out loud exactly what the actual case is. Actually hoping we can do every single stat
    Well who knows how good this gear will be since we don't even have an armor set out now. Which I suppose means those capes are going to be augmentable. Which is fucking amazing. That's acc+35/att+20 and DA/STP/WSD per cape, which is wow.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Job-specific capes are kinda cool, though. The BST one kinda makes me lol, like we need Reward gear still, but the Spur+ is interesting. PUP and SMN get pet Level +1 (Hello 122 Nirvana SMNs!). In fact, most of the capes look pretty good for their various jobs, with a few exceptions (Kick attacks, are they still relevant? ). And if the capes are augmentable well... can you imagine? Even if it's just the armor, I'm really excited for some of those pieces. Sulevia's Mask/+1 looks nice on paper, and if it's augmentable, I'm so going for STR+20, Acc/Atk+20, STP+10. >~> Feet scream WS piece too.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I'm going to go on a wild limb and say the Sulevia set is the crafted stuff they added this time and as such probably not augmentable. I'm guessing it's only capes this time... and maybe this whole items change month to month is like each month we get a different slot lol.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast