Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Jungle Boogymen BCNM     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Jungle Boogymen BCNM

Hi all,

I have never done this BCNM before and I am planning to do it with some friends in a few days. I have a few questions regarding this BCNM.

1.The setup I am planning to use is PLD MNK DRK BLM BRD WHM. Will it work?
    2.Is the loot usually 2 torques and 1 elemental ore each time?
    3.I heard that it is good idea to kill in this order: BLM->THF->SMN->NIN. Is it right?
    4.Is it hard for a brd to land Lullaby?
    5.I heard this BCNM is very easy, just sleep and kill them one by one. Is there anything I should pay attention to?

Any info is appreciated. Thank you all for the help in advance.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

1)Any non retarded xp setup with sleepga works usually (II is better, but Sleepga I can do the job). Generally, you bring 3 melees (tank included in the melee) and 3 mages, but you can do it with 4 melee and 2 mages. war and mnk x3, blm, rdm whm is usually what I use, but I had many variation. You can have a pld or nin, it doesnt matter.

2)There will almost always have 2 torques in pool, like 85-90%+. Ore is around 10%.

3)Kill NIN 3rd and smn last. Smn is more deadly usually than ninja. Have melee save tp, and use them all at the same time at 40%. Your blm can stun too. If you didnt kill it, it shouldnt do more than 200-300dmg.

4) Doable, but dont count on lullaby only. You will get resist sooner or later

5) Careful with astral and mijin, can have one of the 2-3mages move back close to entrance to avoir the explosion. That's all, very easy BC

Make sure someone zone before you end the BC so you dont have to open the door every damn time. Actually, have everyone escape the BC but one person who can solo his way back, it's much easier usually

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Gotta agree with Kaylia, this is a retardedly easy BC. Used to be a staple of some friends and I, only thing you really need to concern yourself over is have a blm who didn't gimp out and not level their enfeebling skill.

Kill order's usually best on blm -> thf -> nin -> smn....iirc. We always went by a name order, which is Sable -> Viri -> Cyan -> Vermi.

2 Torques, a spell or 2, an ore, and a few random gemstones were the drop pattern for us, got an elemental, evasion, or enfeebling at least once per 6 orbs (there's plenty of crapass torques in there), so it was pretty profitable.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

There is 8 torque iirc.

healing= shitty
    Dark = 100k
    Summing = shitty
    Guarding= shitty

Enfeebling: ~1m
    elemental: 500k
    wind: 500k
    evasion:500k

Check prive on your server first, but it should be around that I guess

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I've seen pretty much all the lv65 torques drop there: Elemental, Enfeebling, Enhancing, Evasion, Guarding, Healing, Ninjutsu, Shield, Parry, Summoning, and Wind.

On Fenrir of late, elemental's taken a fair bit of a dive, down to about 3~500k. Enfeebling's around 1.2m-ish, the rest are kinda...meh nowadays.

Did this one pretty regularly when people had seals about a year or so ago...was nice~

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Eraphiel
    I've seen pretty much all the lv65 torques drop there: Elemental, Enfeebling, Enhancing, Evasion, Guarding, Healing, Ninjutsu, Shield, Parry, Summoning, and Wind.

On Fenrir of late, elemental's taken a fair bit of a dive, down to about 3~500k. Enfeebling's around 1.2m-ish, the rest are kinda...meh nowadays.

Did this one pretty regularly when people had seals about a year or so ago...was nice~
    http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/Jungle_Boogymen

Are you certain, most site only list 8, and I dont remember getting more than that

Re: Jungle Boogymen BCNM

Quote Originally Posted by freewind
    1.The setup I am planning to use is PLD MNK DRK BLM BRD WHM. Will it work?
    Yes. Don't rely on Lullaby for sleep though, I'd much rather use the white mage and black mages' sleeps.

2.Is the loot usually 2 torques and 1 elemental ore each time?
    Usually, give or take a few ingots, spells, and other miscellaneous junk.
    3.I heard that it is good idea to kill in this order: BLM->THF->SMN->NIN. Is it right?
    I always went THF>BLM>NIN>SMN.
    4.Is it hard for a brd to land Lullaby?
    Never done it with a bard, can't comment. I'd guess it would be considerably more difficult than landing Sleepga.
    5.I heard this BCNM is very easy, just sleep and kill them one by one. Is there anything I should pay attention to?
    Barfira for mijin gakure. Reraise on white mage for the possibility that summoner and ninja two-hours kill someone. Don't forget Shellra.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylia
    http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/Jungle_Boogymen

Are you certain, most site only list 8, and I dont remember getting more than that
    The only ones I'm not sure on right now are shield and parry. All the others (and I believe a dark torque in there as well) I remember seeing drop. It's been a good while since I've done the BC though, and lack any screenshots as I was still on ps2 at the height of my group's assaults on it.