+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

anyone else hate Pharos Subterrane?

I read that you need 168 black orbs to reach Seer (Rank VI mark). In about 2 hours farming there I only got 10 orbs. The mobs are no pushovers at my level (70) and you can't even loot the orbs when casting a spell, meleeing or staring straight at them. Worst area in the game imo.

Science Fiction Super Fan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

im only on lvl1 with 20+ orbs placed so far still dont have access to floor 2

Unique and/or Creative Phrase
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

You can get Massive Orbs which spawn in random places. On the first floor I got one that was worth 3, and on the last floor I got one that was worth 54. It gets easier to get them as you go.

Those massive orbs are typically in rooms with the big dragons. but yeah, they are very random and you will be very pissed when you get one for only 3! I hated that place. it was very annoying and not fun at all and the boss is just as retarded.

also, notice that as you place the orbs, the room gets brighter so it's easier to navigate as you get more orbs.

Asada Shino
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tokimi Kurahashi
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos
    WoW Realm
    Burning Blade

Bleh, Pharos Subterrane is the last thing I have to do before I fight Yazimat >.> need Ixion from there..but still, I can't even get past the first floor down due to the non-stop spawning frogs/mistmare things . . . is there even a way to stop those from spawning? Because if there isn't that would just suck more..

Unique and/or Creative Phrase
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Fayttt
    Bleh, Pharos Subterrane is the last thing I have to do before I fight Yazimat >.> need Ixion from there..but still, I can't even get past the first floor down due to the non-stop spawning frogs/mistmare things . . . is there even a way to stop those from spawning? Because if there isn't that would just suck more..
    Just keep zoning from the First floor to BF1. Eventually Ixion will spawn on BF1, and if he does nothing else will spawn. Just run around the circle and he'll pop up.

Quote Originally Posted by Fayttt
    No way to stop the infinite mob spawns. Just use float and then flee to the doors cause its a waste of time fighting those.

Ixion isn't the only thing you need in pharos though. At the bottom is the shadow boss or whatever it was called that is an unlisted rank VI mark.

Asada Shino
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tokimi Kurahashi
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos
    WoW Realm
    Burning Blade

Ugh, spent all night trying to do Ixion. You serious about the shadow god thing though? I heard about him, but I didn't realize he was a mark, I thought he was just an optional boss..Damn I think it's time for me to level if I have to go to the bottom floor now too anyways >.>

Shadow Seer, it's like kirin. The last mark before Yiazmat, Montblanc commissions the hunt.

Asada Shino
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tokimi Kurahashi
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos
    WoW Realm
    Burning Blade

Well, a kirin type fight sounds fun at least..probably gonna be a pain getting to the bottom though..

It was annoying as hell for me cause phoenix is flying and I didn't have telekenesis. Luckily however the seer spams invert so I always had MP to do quickenings.

Asada Shino
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tokimi Kurahashi
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos
    WoW Realm
    Burning Blade

Oh, Phoenix flies? At least I have Telekenesis now but it didnt do that much damage when I used it >_> And what level is the seer? Sounds like he has some of the same moves as Hell Wyrm >.>

he's low level. its not a hard fight its just annoying.

telekinesis does the same damage as your normal attack swing, just it can be used on flying mobs. it is, however, slower and cannot combo.

My telekinesis always did around 1/10 of my normal damage. I just switch my people into bows for flying fights.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Heh, just beat Seer today. I always use Scathe for flying fights (or Ardor if they happen to be weak to Oil like Phoenix lol)

Asada Shino
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tokimi Kurahashi
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos
    WoW Realm
    Burning Blade

*Writes down that phoenix is weak to oil* .. That's awesome to know =P

Science Fiction Super Fan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

ive just gotten to the third floor with 2 of the orb stands complete

ive noticed that each floor has a large room like the first where u fight phoenix... i expected to fight one of the other bosses that seer smn's in these rooms but have yet to have to.

am i doing it wrong? or is this how its supposed to be until i get to seer on the 4th floor

Quote Originally Posted by takedown2
    ive just gotten to the third floor with 2 of the orb stands complete

ive noticed that each floor has a large room like the first where u fight phoenix... i expected to fight one of the other bosses that seer smn's in these rooms but have yet to have to.

am i doing it wrong? or is this how its supposed to be until i get to seer on the 4th floor
    there's just treasures in those big room in all the floors except for 1st (phoenix). you start the boss fight from the elevator.

i like how on the last floor i got a black orb with 60 orbs in it when i only needed like 4 more

Just got access to this place and kiled Ixion. Where do i place the orbs once i get them? And is it clear how many i need to get to each floor?