Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Skill Up Question     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Skill Up Question

When you're in the 80s and above, when you skillup with something, should you use support or not? I'm trying to decide if it's a good idea, so I figure I should just ask you veteran crafters.

If it's an item for which there is an HQ, use any combination of support and gear that puts you exactly at the cap of the item. Not 1 over, not 1 below. All gear gives +1, and the furniture gives +1 as well. Advanced support gives you +3. Do the math, and use whatever combination puts you exactly at the cap.

Just out of curiosity, but do you round off number in this calculation? For example you would treat 85.5 as 86 when calculating? I'm under the impression that its not what you meant but those pesky .x does provide something to think about because they do exist.

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Dethsbane
    Just out of curiosity, but do you round off number in this calculation? For example you would treat 85.5 as 86 when calculating? I'm under the impression that its not what you meant but those pesky .x does provide something to think about because they do exist.
    You always round down.
    85.9 = 85
    86.0+ = 86

Thanks for clearing that up! :D

Damn, can't punch myself high enough to 62 to make ribbons not totally blow ass >O 55+1 (+2 from Adv. Support, or 3 since that debate seems to still be going on) = 58/59

GREEN RIBBONS SUCK!

Quote Originally Posted by Marcatil
    Damn, can't punch myself high enough to 62 to make ribbons not totally blow ass >O 55+1 (+2 from Adv. Support, or 3 since that debate seems to still be going on) = 58/59

GREEN RIBBONS SUCK!
    There was never any debate. Adv support is +3. Anyone who claims otherwise is just plain wrong.

About time I got final confirmation on that >.> Fine, 59 then, but that still doesn't throw me at lv62

I demand another synthesis aside from Green Ribbons (that doesn't blow ass material-wise) from 54->62.

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Level gold to 20 and make velvet robes to 58. Halfway there.

Silver thread is the bane of my existance >.>

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Thanks for the notes~

And green ribbons was all I did =P
    I'm at 81.4+2 cloth now, stopping to do my subs. Got leather from 5 to 60 last week, got Smithing from 13 to 35 so far this week. Stopped to farm the past two days and got me 2.4m so I'll get Smithing to 60 and start on Goldsmithing =P

Leather 13, Gold 11, Smith 5 >.>

Sadly I like leveling subcrafts more than green ribbons Working on leathercraft now, since I farm materials I figure I can raid Bubu and do Dhalmel Leather for LC, and get silk thread@ the same time. Best of both worlds.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Can get lizard skins while doing guardian crawler for silk thread if you want to do that route too.

I'd rather farm high gil stuff and just pour money into materials though.

Just hit Smithing 43, still chugging along tonight, though there wasn't much Tama-Hagane in the Tenshodo ><

Smithing is too freaking expensive, I can't wait until Gold -.-

EDIT: Just hit 47, ran out of materials. I'd stay up but then I'd have nothing to do before school ><

I pretty much have to farm my materials, I don't have any real influx of "good" money, more or less got it by luck of the draw. I despise camping NMs, farming is evil though I can crank out a couple 100k easily in Misa.Coast depending how nice Gigas socks are to my desynthing.

The largest amounts of money I was riding one was a series of BCNM40 I did back at lv45 which supplied me a LOT (gogo Red Cape +1@87k, now about double that or so). One of my more recent bumps was getting a Bloodbead Earring a LONG time ago, sold it for 1.2mil, and I've been riding on that cash ever since 8) Get a few things here and there to cover some expenses, so far dipped under 300k recently, don't like it either >.>

Edit: Don't really mind farming either, not like I have anything to do otherwise

I've spent the last week 'farming' and NM camping in Delkfutt with nothing to show for it. \(^-^)/

BG is my LJ
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lovely Nirokun
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I love the little green ribbons :D

I HQ'ed one of those little bastards while skilling up, im 59.3 now. Just get LOTS of taru stools and put them in your mog house, and desynth those ribbons. Its really not too bad :D

Quote Originally Posted by Nirokun!

I HQ'ed one of those little bastards while skilling up, im 59.3 now. Just get LOTS of taru stools and put them in your mog house, and desynth those ribbons. Its really not too bad :D
    Define "LOTS," remember, I'm working on a fixed budget here >.>

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Marcatil
    Quote Originally Posted by Nirokun!

Define "LOTS," remember, I'm working on a fixed budget here >.>