Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
    Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Program that jams other players?

I have been camping Eastern Shadow for the last 2.5weeks straight 0/13 so far, today a person shows up and all of a sudden whenever I tried to claim it would just tell me "You cannot attack that target" even though I had the PH targeted or in the worst case, I had Eastern Shadow targeted, I hit EES on it 3x getting the same message then I got the message "That target is already claimed"

I have no idea what kind of programs there are out there people can cheat with but is there something that does this, or does the bot claim before the mob spawns and this is the resulting message? I just think it's weird that I can't claim anything once someone shows up today when I have had no problems for the last 2.5weeks, even camping against other players.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Re: Program that jams other players?

Quote Originally Posted by Jax
    does the bot claim before the mob spawns and this is the resulting message?
    Server: Cerberus
    'nuff said.

Either that or you lagged. Normally I would say that the latter is more likely, but hey. Who knows, these days.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

thats not a jammer, it's claim delay.

you claimed it too fast so it "paralyzes" you few before you can claim again

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

From my 2 and a half weeks there, Eastern Shadow doesn't have a delay on him like land kings and stuff, he just considered a regular NM.

Although anything is possible, I do doubt it.

Sassy Tyrant
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Falisa Asile
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Pretty much everything in the game has a claim delay. When pulling gob pets while soloing, I claim a bit too fast and get frozen from spell casting for a few seconds because of it. The HNM's delay may be a bit longer than everything else, but anything in the game, even regular mobs, have a claim delay.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Yeah, day after claim patched I got owned by delay trying to pull coffer mobs in SSG alot >_>

It doesn't say "You cannot attack that target" though when you try to pull too fast. First reply is most accurate.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Dexy
    It doesn't say "You cannot attack that target" though when you try to pull too fast. First reply is most accurate.
    If he's pushing his EES macro 3x times, #2 or 3 will result in that message. When you get claim blocked, you're right, there's no message at all. I wouldn't rule out bots though.

On the puk ISNM in Jade Sepulcher, I once went as brd/rdm with minstrel's latent, sha'ir manteel, loq earring and rostrum pumps. I'd horde lullaby so fast that it didnt claim any of the shadows >.> If I try to F8 and target a shadow instead, I'd get claim blocked. Same for pulling sometimes during meriting.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I claim ridiculously fast with my Holy macro (Yes, I said it. Holy macro.). If I claim too fast, the spell fires off but doesn't complete casting. It's like an interrupt. Takes like 3-4 seconds before I can do anything else to claim. If you have competition, that 3 seconds is all they need.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Linktri
    I claim ridiculously fast with my Holy macro (Yes, I said it. Holy macro.). If I claim too fast, the spell fires off but doesn't complete casting. It's like an interrupt. Takes like 3-4 seconds before I can do anything else to claim. If you have competition, that 3 seconds is all they need.

Yeah, spells will say 'you've been interrupted', I believe abilities just don't fire.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

spells dont give interruption message from claim delay interruption, only if you move while casting. all that happens is you stop casting and get locked for a second or two

and even Spook has a random claim delay

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I find that dia or stone takes just the right amount of casting delay to not get claim stunned (whereas stun and flash will get stunned every time). Also I can't remember the last time I got claim stunned with shadowbind on ranger, but that might be because mobs I'm shadowbinding are in highly populated areas and take that much longer to appear on my screen >.>;;;

Quote Originally Posted by Capo
    spells dont give interruption message from claim delay interruption, only if you move while casting. all that happens is you stop casting and get locked for a second or two

and even Spook has a random claim delay
    If a macro has two spells in it and you try to cast the second while the first is resolving, that can interrupt too. So mashing a macro = bad idea.