Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thief Damage increase Fact or Fiction?

After messing around all day, i fail to see any increase in damage, compared to pre-patch weapon damage... has anyone else experienced this problem?

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

As is the case with many patches. Those who suck will continue to suck. Those who are good will get better. The increase is definately noticable to me.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Setup?

Food?

Yeah I have partied with his Thf and hes right he sucks and will always suck D:

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Re: Thief Damage increase Fact or Fiction?

Quote Originally Posted by Aleingarn
    After messing around all day, i fail to see any increase in damage, compared to pre-patch weapon damage... has anyone else experienced this problem?
    They only increased the DMG by 5-8 depending upon which one, I doubt you will see much difference in melee hits and such, unless you actually parse it?

Say you use like Hoplites Harpe, old DMG was 27, New DMG is 33? (not sure about that), find a Dagger that now has a DMG of 27, and just melee a bunch of spiders, don't need to use SA or TA or WS or anything, then try with the 33 DMG one. I doubt the difference is hugely noticeable, especially on normal melee hits, but it is there.

Setup: Homam Corozza, War Gloves +1, Rajas Ring, amemet mantle +1, warwolf belt, homam cosciales, dragon boots, Blau Dolch, evasion torque or diabolos torque. and turban or optical hat, brutal earring, ethereal earring.

Food: Squid or sole sushi

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Re: Thief Damage increase Fact or Fiction?

Quote Originally Posted by Kuponut
    They only increased the DMG by 5-8 depending upon which one, I doubt you will see much difference in melee hits and such, unless you actually parse it?

Say you use like Hoplites Harpe, old DMG was 27, New DMG is 33? (not sure about that), find a Dagger that now has a DMG of 27, and just melee a bunch of spiders, don't need to use SA or TA or WS or anything, then try with the 33 DMG one. I doubt the difference is hugely noticeable, especially on normal melee hits, but it is there.
    If you use sushi, what you say is true, you won't notice a big difference because your pDIF will be around 1 so +5 dmg will leave your melee strikes in around the same range as before. If you use meat you'll see a VERY nice increase in damage.

Edit: Why the fuck are you using sushi with all that acc in gear? Eat meat and stop hitting like a girl.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Akama

very noticable to me, especially on weapon skills. Hell even normal hits went up a bunch (Swapped off my merc kris offhand for sirocco again, seems to be doing pretty good)

Granted ridill war still kicks thfs ass, but the upgrade was great

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

omgzmeleeinginwarwolfbelt ;;

Swordbelt +1/ Life omg

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

wtf@diabolos/evasion torque

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Setup: Homam Corozza, War Gloves +1, Rajas Ring, amemet mantle +1, warwolf belt, homam cosciales, dragon boots, Blau Dolch, evasion torque or diabolos torque. and turban or optical hat.

Is why you dont notice it.

The acc bonus from sushi is addictive, but use meaties if you have the setup for it (merits, acc gear, etc) and you'll notice the difference.

Last night I was doing 1100-1500 on mamools with ease, when before I'd struggle to break 1k, and doing 1300 on them was rare.

Attack up up up up up. Gear up to compensate for the sushi acc loss, and merit your dagger if you havent.

I can understand you may not see a huge difference, but don't title the thread "Fact or Fiction" lol. It's obviously a fact that thieves do more damage now. D34....D28.....D34.....D28. Parse it and you'll see a difference, if you're expecting noncritical melee swings on, for example, trolls to be in the 60s or 70s, then it's your expectations that were unreasonable, not your damage output.

Anyway, good luck.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Akama

yeah i agree, meat totally kicks sushi ass unless you need the sushi...

on a similar note, what do you guys think about the new evisceration?

hell i even find myself trying to figure out dancing edge or shark now

shark bite seems to be kicking ass ;/

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Quote Originally Posted by Slott
    yeah i agree, meat totally kicks sushi ass unless you need the sushi...

on a similar note, what do you guys think about the new evisceration?

hell i even find myself trying to figure out dancing edge or shark now

shark bite seems to be kicking ass ;/
    I love evisc, because now thief are no longer "Light SC onry" for NM.

DRK SC sucked because eviscation sucked, but I was doing nice damage last night with evisc. It's great.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Parse your performance. You'll notice the difference. It's the best way to optimize your setup. And like others suggested, you shouldn't be using sushi in merit PTs especially if you're Dual Wielding daggers. It's a huge waste.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Setup: Homam Corozza, War Gloves +1, Rajas Ring, amemet mantle +1, warwolf belt, homam cosciales, dragon boots, Blau Dolch, evasion torque or diabolos torque. and turban or optical hat, brutal earring, ethereal earring.

Lose it!

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Akama

what new merits you guys go for? im thinking 3 in assassins charge, 1 in the steal, cant decide other 2

meh, then again thats after i finish my useless smn merits for pure aesthetics! (heavenly strike on fafnir and hydra is fun to watch, i wanna try on bahamut)

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

what new merits you guys go for? im thinking 3 in assassins charge, 1 in the steal, cant decide other 2

meh, then again thats after i finish my useless smn merits for pure aesthetics! (heavenly strike on fafnir and hydra is fun to watch, i wanna try on bahamut)
    3 in Ass Charge, gonna wait and cap the other stuff for now (merits I haven't capped from before update). Probably going to do Feint but 1 in steal is looking interesting.

Feint on a 6min timer would be great for an HNM like Hydra or for DL. Huge -evasion for a little bit will let melee's hit the meat and stack attack for stronger ws's without worrying about acc as much.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

3 in ass charge
    1 in stealy thing
    2 in the evasion down (will help for lurkers)

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Lol, that actually makes me think a little. I've used sole sushi all the time on NIN.

Senjuirikio/Fudo, Walahra Turban, Pln. Khazagand, Koga Tekko / Dusk Gloves, Byakko's Haidate, Fuma Sune-Ate, Swift Belt, Forager's Mantle, Flame Ringx2 (picked sattva for PLD), Brutal Earring, Ethereal Earring, Bomb Core, Peacock Charm. Also have 8 katana upgrades.

Switch to Meat? It's been so long that I don't know what other good foods there are, besides Sis Kebahi (sp), which seems like it's for WS whores. I still do fine for WS, since I have all the ws gear I can really get, besides HQ shura kabuto and stuff like that.

Edit: Whoops, meant to say Meat.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast