Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: BST Question     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

BST Question

Okay so recently I've gotten the fever to whip out the good old BST. I'm level 39, I was looking around at the massive Alla thread of exp spots and deicded to go to Attowha Chasm. It was good but there are so few mobs.

Am I to expect exp to be this slow in most spots for quite a bit of levels? It seems insanely hard to chain because I can't really fight with my first pet because it's too weak so my hate will be too bad if I get another one. Any suggestions on how to make it quicker so I can break like 800 exp/hr -.-;;

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I duoed on dhamels in altepa until 40. They can be soloed too, but you get more efficient xp duoing. Of course a lot of parties like to fight dhamels so they may be hard to come by.

I think for the next 6 levels or so I then went to yuhtunga and yhoator jungle and fought the VT-IT goblins with crawlers. Most would blow themselves up before they would die. I think I moved to yhoator around 43 and did the same thing until 46 or so.

I'd say to expect 2k/hr on average soloing with some spots giving 3k. (spots where stuff self-destructs)

You can get xp better than normal parties in beastmaster parties once you get in the mid-60s. Summoners can also be subbed in those with a bard being a nice addition too.

kasber

Go to alla and check for the directions but i believe SSG was great at that lvl solo.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I'm in a duo atm... we are 49 (Gustav Tunnel)

Yeah, what Ryany said, Altepa is nice till 40, 41-42 West side is not bad, after that South-East corner of the map in Yuhtunga Crawlers vs Gobs.

Here's a guide that I use: Kurgan's Blog

Have fun, I sure am, Chain 4 for high 200s and low 300s.

NERF THE BST!

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Altepa blew more ass than a manwhore.

My general rule of thumb : If you need to widescan for both a pet & a exp mob, then they are too far apart to get decent exp/hr.

At this lvl, i inched across it, getting minimal exp, even when no parties were there. However my friend advised me to kill goblin pets, but it was too risky to dodge undead/manticores.

So I moved to the area with Royal Leeches / Ghasts instead. There's many narrow passages where you can safely pull skeletons to without getting HP aggro'd.
    Also leeches are great to charm, dont have stupid resists, not only that but Skeletons seem to be piss in the HP area, they have none

Bst isnt that fun at low lvl, even when you get release, after the mid 50's it owns. Now i'm in a 5 bst pt in boyahda tree. It's fun chaining 200 - 200 - 200 - 250, consistently, without downtime. The only time the chain stops is when there's nothign to kill

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

The only downside of Altepa I noticed were those NPC leveling whores who kill anything and everything.

Black Belt
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Hirronimus
    The only downside of Altepa I noticed were those NPC leveling whores who kill anything and everything.
    yeah, it's not like they can't take their NPCs in Kuftal or anything

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Is there a good place in Altepa besides the zone? Used to be anytime I'd exp there, a party would always be there and I'd bs SOL.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Since you got Leave, I'd suggest getting EM and just roam with it.

In the lower level desert (eastern? dhalmels) you can get good exp if you don't really make a camp. Convert some of the mobs near the nin AF1 thing to dc/em, and a few random ones that wander around and you can do good exp an hour.

The other desert is really only good exp at night. The IT worms are very easy to kill and not far apart, so you can easily solo chain4's for well over 200.

About the gob spiders being risky...sure they were, but when you go 32-39 in a day it sure as hell is worth it lol

39-40 you can do Sea Serpent Grotto. Soon as you hit 40 you can move to the yuhtunga zone and do crawlers vs poachers. When you get 42 you can zone over to yhoater and do monkeys and crawlers vs poachers and the drk gobs. Stay there till 45 i think.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I did 43-46 in Yhoat near GC. EM Crawlers vs. VT-IT Coeurls. Very nice EXP. Opos suck t charm, highly resistant imo.

EDIT: What type of food most of you use? I go for Tuna Sushi myself.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

RE

Ya, do Yuhtunga at 40. Beautiful xp there. Use crawler pets against gobs. Sometimes bombs pop, try to avoid them. They can near 2 shot you When xp there dies, go to Yhoat. Same thing..crawlers vs gobs.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

As slow as exp is, I don't use food. Not to mention if you do too much, especially at sub 40, you get hate way too easy, so I kinda like missing occasionally.

I guess I'll try Altepa probably for a level until I can get to 40. I did SSG for all of Lv38 and it sucked then, I highly doubt it will get better when I go 1 level higher and all my pets and exp mobs get weaker.

kasber

Go behind the Mythril Door take a right as soon as you can. Go to the dead end convert the leeches and kill Sahagin. NM pops here so call friends or do a shout and someone will come to kill it. Dont try fighting this NM you will get owned

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

I had problems behind the mythril door :\ couldnt find a good camp.
    So in the 50's i exp'd in pso'xja, there is an area that is just like sky, but instead of flamingos, theres lizards to charm(no aggro) & 2 bats in another room(aggro). It was really nice gil/xp, back then light crystals were 10k a stack, now 2-3k.
    Lizards > Golems(sometimes explode) + Pots

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

At 39, id suggest trying to find a duo/trio and fight IT gobs near the zone by the outpost. Should be able to find some em dhalmels, can get up to chain 5 here fi your doing it right, before you know it yourll be lvl 43 (when xp dies here) At 43, you can duo right around the tele yhoat crystal til lvl 47. 47-50 i duoed or soloed in onzozo, wasnt bad as duo, solo was having to use 2 pets each mob. If you cant find a duo up to 50, dont worry about xping bst atm, do something else and come back to it. However id have to say when you hit 50-60, soloing is faster xp if you can find a good spot that doesnt have 5 other bst there. I did CN for a few lvls, GC just long enough to get a key. 54-56 is great in Bostanieux Oubliette (sp?), 56-59 is good in toraimorai canal. At 59 i got back into a duo in ulegaraund range, was decent xp. At 61 was soloing in tree til 62, then duoed in cape to 63, and lately hit 64 in upper delkfutts, the cool thing about delkfutts is pallas spawn, 2 bst at 63 can easily duo him, just oull onto stairs, and one bst at a time go change pets, so you wont be marathoning him thru massive gigas aggro. These are probably not all the best spots, but i think pretty good guidelines for places to xp that wont drive you totally insane. Good Luck ~.^

Quote Originally Posted by Hirronimus
    I did 43-46 in Yhoat near GC. EM Crawlers vs. VT-IT Coeurls. Very nice EXP. Opos suck t charm, highly resistant imo.

EDIT: What type of food most of you use? I go for Tuna Sushi myself.
    Pfft. Food is overrated The only time I eat any at all is when I'm in a BST party (fighting shit normal parties fight 3-4 levels higher then you...ya, need the 36 acc from tuna sushi :/)

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

So tonight I tried out Altepa, it seemed to suck. Then I went to SSG right at the door to the Norg section. Traded off the 2 leeches there against all the ironshells and Ghasts. It worked out really well despite a lot of DC crabs always being there. I was at around 1700xp/hr for most of it, for the last 20 or 30 minutes it picked up to like 2300xp/hr pace because I got a bit luckier on the pops being EM/T. It wasn't too bad.

Of course after I hit 40 not too sure what I'm going to do but we'll see =P