BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: PLD Update Effects     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Old Merits
    BG Level

PLD Update Effects

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1...3/sentinel.jpg

Sentinal seems to be 90% damage reduction according to this... Someone mentioned [although I can't confirm], 100% with AFv2 feet.

Anybody test out the enmity gain or rampart changes?

Re: PLD Update Effects

Quote Originally Posted by cassiraa
    http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1...3/sentinel.jpg

Sentinal seems to be 90% damage reduction according to this... Someone mentioned [although I can't confirm], 100% with AFv2 feet.

Anybody test out the enmity gain or rampart changes?
    Sentinel
    The effect of Sentinel will be changed from an increase in defense to straight damage mitigation.

Holy fuck...

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

wow, i'm willing to bet a PLD can straight tank 100 fists with sentinel now.

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Lordwafik
    wow, i'm willing to bet a PLD can straight tank 100 fists with sentinel now.
    im willing to bet this is a bug

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I guess they meant it when stating they wernt done with PLD yet and wanted it to be the tank of choice.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Ahhh... Quake 1. I miss that game. :3

Hayleystrator
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

There's no way Sentinel can be a hard 90% damage mitigation (possibly Invincible with AF2 feet?)... that's super overpowered lol.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Epical
    There's no way Sentinel can be a hard 90% damage mitigation (possibly Invincible with AF2 feet?)... that's super overpowered lol.
    http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/8904/img2850ip0.png
    [EDIT: pic was of of Fafnir critting for 18 damage on some Auction House+AF Paladin with Sentinel up]

Taken off of KI. Yup. Super Overpowered is about right, and can be merited down to 4:10.

Basically the lolPLD/WAR of Killing Ifrit and Allakhazam are going to be stronger, And the PLD/NIN who were Actually competent before this update will be able to walk on water and turn rain into mulsum.

Hayleystrator
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

It's obviously going to be fixed in the inevitable "oopswefuckedsomestuffup" post-update-patch. If it isn't, just throw three PLDs against anything rotating Senitel and it's a snooze.

It's obviously going to be fixed in the inevitable "oopswefuckedsomestuffup" post-update-patch. If it isn't, just throw three PLDs against anything rotating Senitel and it's a snooze.
    Isnt sentinel only 30 seconds...?

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Jooeetheplatypus
    /nin

gogogoggogogogo AV before postpatch

Hayleystrator
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Jooeetheplatypus
    Don't forget PLDs can take a few hits too. =P Then there's /NIN, which by the time the third PLD is done/gets hate taken, is back to the first who, as soon as his shadows are down, pops Sentinel, and off it goes to the next.

ETC ETC

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Sentinel and Rampart are definitely improved, and it seems AF2 makes the improvements more potent. Doing some of my own testing I took average around 60-80 damage unblocked hits from groundskeepers in sky without food, protect, and wearing very light tanking gear. After popping sentinel (with AF2 boots) the next four hits dropped to 3, 4, 10, 7 and one crit landed for 24. Definitely a huge improvement.

Rampart isn't quit as impressive but still seemed to be decent. The first spell I ate was Firaga III without shell or any food etc. and 0 fire resist gear on (with AF2 crown). It landed for 606 with sentinel up which isn't too bad considering I was the single target. The next spell was Fire IV which landed for 409. Its not ground breaking especially, on a 5 minute timer w/o merits, but it is definitely useful when you know you're in line to get toasted.

From what I have noticed so far, shield blocking is 100% spell interruption down. I have yet to be interrupted casting cure when I blocked. I haven't tested it /nin yet to see if ninjutsu is in another class of magic that they specifically didn't include but I can't see how it would be any different than curing yourself.

-Draxy

ExcaliMod
    Paper Towels? Who needs paper towels, Under the sink they go!

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

The spell interruption is 100%. PLD/NIN is nearly invincible.

Sentinel owns

http://theblackroses-ls.com/tekki/Te...218_172230.png

Rampart, I need more testing. I watched a lucky Rampart today @ Faffnir and the PT took next to nothing for dmg.

Hayleystrator
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Damn dude, your screenshot is like an eye-wrecker... not sure why.

On topic, damn PLDs.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Speaking of awsome things check this out:

≺BAD CHAR: 80≻¬Hauteclairehauteclairefield> ,TXfield> hauteclairesDMG:46 Delay:240 Accuracy+7 Divine magic skill +8 Physical damage taken -7% Adfield>

ExcaliMod
    Paper Towels? Who needs paper towels, Under the sink they go!

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Damn dude, your screenshot is like an eye-wrecker... not sure why.

On topic, damn PLDs.
    Ya I just got my laptop back and I need to adjust the colors

Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by senoska
    Speaking of awsome things check this out:

Code:
    ≺BAD CHAR: 80≻¬Hauteclairehauteclairefield>   ,TXfield>   hauteclairesDMG:46 Delay:240 Accuracy+7 Divine magic skill +8 Physical damage taken -7% Adfield>
    Khimera's sword perhaps?

Wow, for lack of a better phrase SE is actually growing some balls now assuming this wasn't a bug. I don't think it would be, since after all it's only a 30 second buff on a 5 minute timer, but it's a lot better than I originally thought it would be (thought it'd be something cheesy like -10% damage taken).

Any news on the enmity increase yet? If the damage reduction is that huge, maybe it wouldn't be too much to hope the enmity increase is big as well. It'd be a little more difficult to test, but any experiences yet with it?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast