+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Alpha Protocol (spy RPG)

SEGA finally made a release date: June 1st 2010

New Trailer to go along with it. Let me know what you guys think, I'm curious and I know BG isn't going to hold back.

Alpha Protocol - A Man Alone Trailer

Release Date Press Release: http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/107/1071691p1.html

EDIT: Mod's merged the threads, original post here is below:

New trailer was just posted on GTTV.

Crappy Youtube version: YouTube - Alpha Protocol (Game Trailer)

Full Episode with intervew/trailer/gameplay footage (high quality)

Gametrailers.com - Gametrailers TV with Geoff Keighley

Anyone excited for this game?

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

My bad, can a mod move this for me?

trailer looked kinda lame. i hit the HD setting to get a better look at the graphics but it felt like an N64 game for some reason...

I've seen screenshots of it though and it looks fine.

duck, err... pass

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Elvis View Post
    trailer looked kinda lame. i hit the HD setting to get a better look at the graphics but it felt like an N64 game for some reason...

I've seen screenshots of it though and it looks fine.

duck, err... pass
    yeah but if you play a game only for it's graphics, I hope you're not playing FFXI

Pandemonium
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

On the subject of graphics, I agree. "Alpha Protocol" definitely has things going for it, but -- as of current -- its looks aren't all that exciting. As for the other points of interest...

Alpha Protocol Preview for Xbox 360

Brown Recluse
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Thanks man, we're trying!

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by nitsuj View Post
    Thanks man, we're trying!
    Huh? Are you working on it?

Game looks fun, I like spy related stuff.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Maguspk View Post
    Huh? Are you working on it?

Game looks fun, I like spy related stuff.
    >.> maybe... if I told you, I'd have to kill you (or insert spy-related witty come-back here)

Official THE Alpha and Omega

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Hey nitsuj, could you do me a favor and finish KOTOR2 thx

Really, this game does have some good potential. I like the premise and Obsidian is a pretty solid company. I'm glad you guys finally get to work on your own property lol

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Maxxthepenguin View Post
    Hey nitsuj, could you do me a favor and finish KOTOR2 thx
    Before my time, but I *still* hear that one all the time. After I finish KotorII I'll go back and release NWN2 without any bugs. But first I'll finish the ALIENS RPG!

Seriously though, I'm about 15 or so hours into Alpha Protocol right now, and it's a ton of fun. If you liked Choose your Own adventure books as a kid, and think spies are cool then you'll love it . Chris Avellone as done a really great job with the story and dialogue.

Formerly Raitoken
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Lightning's Blade

Well after watching the video that you posted on youtube it almost made me leave the thread as its like a PS2 game thats behind the times from the looks of it.

Then watching the game trailers clip made me look a little further...

Take the crappy youtube video off this thread it will give people the wrong idea....

EDIT: After watching the better trailer that got into the skills and things you can do in the game along with the safe houses it does look like a promising game..

The only complaint I have and this is going to apply until they make a 100% realistic physics engine is that it doesn't matter how much choice you put into a game like this it will never be your choice in how you do things.

Splinter Cell told you that you can do a mission any way you want but 90% of the game is going through the hallways that they made, standing in the only blindspot of a camera, and having to basically play the game according to the people who make it and your choice is limited by their imagination...

I can see this being one of the better spy games coming out in the near future but until that engine comes out there will never be a true spy game.

/rant off

And I wonder if naming him Michael has anything to do with....

http://twistedplot.ca/wp-content/ima...20notice_1.jpg

Official THE Alpha and Omega

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by nitsuj View Post
    Before my time, but I *still* hear that one all the time. After I finish KotorII I'll go back and release NWN2 without any bugs. But first I'll finish the ALIENS RPG!

Seriously though, I'm about 15 or so hours into Alpha Protocol right now, and it's a ton of fun. If you liked Choose your Own adventure books as a kid, and think spies are cool then you'll love it . Chris Avellone as done a really great job with the story and dialogue.
    Well, if the Planescape: Torment guy is doing the writing... well... I'm sold. That game had some of the best writing in gaming.

Quote Originally Posted by Syntex View Post
    The only complaint I have and this is going to apply until they make a 100% realistic physics engine is that it doesn't matter how much choice you put into a game like this it will never be your choice in how you do things.

Splinter Cell told you that you can do a mission any way you want but 90% of the game is going through the hallways that they made, standing in the only blindspot of a camera, and having to basically play the game according to the people who make it and your choice is limited by their imagination...

I can see this being one of the better spy games coming out in the near future but until that engine comes out there will never be a true spy game.

/rant off
    The "game" part of games are necessary abstractions of reality. A realistic physics system wouldn't really work well with things like RPG stats.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Maxxthepenguin View Post
    Well, if the Planescape: Torment guy is doing the writing... well... I'm sold. That game had some of the best writing in gaming.

The "game" part of games are necessary abstractions of reality. A realistic physics system wouldn't really work well with things like RPG stats.
    Yeah, Chris Avellone handled most of the creative writing stuff on the project as well as Planescape Torment

As to the Splinter Cell reference, it's true. You just have to trust in the game designers ability to weave an interesting story while giving you as much freedom as they can without making the game without direction.

Some of our levels may have a similar "splinter-cell-game-designer-linearity" to them, sure. But we've made some pretty awesome strides towards reactivity in the world.

Obviously I can't say too much, but I will say one example. There's a certain "underworld" guy you can meet with. You can treat him a variety of different ways during your conversation with him. Personally, I was polite to him (it was his turf, after all!) and gave him money in exchange for information and assistance.

A few hours later I was playing another level with a guy I knew to be very hostile and anti-American when you meet him (as I've done a lot of testing on this level). Turns out, in my legit playthrough (as opposed to just jumping to the level for testing) he was very welcoming to me. He immediately told what I what needed to know and welcomed me into his office. Why? He had heard about me from the first gentleman I met in the bar.

Personally, I think stuff like that is really cool, and we have quite a bit of it woven into our story. I should beat it in 10 or so more hours and I already am excited about playing it a second time when it's formally released so that I can make different choices. The story just keeps drawing me back.

I hope you guys all give it a real shot, as it's quite a bit of awesome

Brown Recluse

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Can you fuck bitches Bond style? Isnt that one of the main reasons to be a spy? AMIRITE?

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Dimmauk View Post
    Can you fuck bitches Bond style? Isnt that one of the main reasons to be a spy? AMIRITE?
    lol http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2008/...ove-interests/

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

Well, I'm sold.

I still don't get it, do you test games or something Nitsuj? Spit it out already, geez. lol

He seems too happy to be a QA tester, though I know there are some crazy people out there.

Brown Recluse

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

So no tears for Thornton; he's all about machismo. In fact, he can "get" all of the game's women if he wanted to. Rucinski told me it was possible to have sex with all the females, and that the sex scenes were similar to how "Mass Effect" treated its intimate moments.
    LOL Nice!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast