Thread: Upcoming Version Update     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

Upcoming Version Update

The development team is currently working on the next version update, which will include all the usual goodies--new quests, new Notorious Monsters, and various system additions and improvements--as well as the thrilling climax to the Promathia story. Watch this space for the latest announcements regarding update details.

The next version update is scheduled to take place in mid-July.
    Thought it was going to be this month but... cool ass.

http://www.playonline.com

Old Merits
    BG Level

Yeah another sealed door for CoP jk i hope they finally finish it now and bring like 3 more HNM with HQ pops in CoP areas, cause FI won´t camp/botvoke all 6 then

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Re: Upcoming Version Update

The development team is currently working on the next version update, which will include all the usual goodies--new quests, new Notorious Monsters, and various system additions and improvements--as well as the thrilling climax to the Promathia story. Watch this space for the latest announcements regarding update details.

The next version update is scheduled to take place in mid-July.
    That word is all I read.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by bercus
    Yeah another sealed door for CoP jk i hope they finally finish it now and bring like 3 more HNM with HQ pops in CoP areas, cause FI won´t camp/botvoke all 6 then
    sure they will

Old Merits
    BG Level

but other LSs would have better chances after maintances cause FI cant do 6 within 3 hours, maybe even 12 HQ HNM would be better ! As long servers are flooded.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Rumors about Faf/Beh/Adam and their HQ counterparts becoming 12 hour pops, are getting stronger.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

The problem with rumors is they tend to not be true...

Besides, it just means that will get to pwn everyone in the face twice as much. >_<

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Hirro that would be hella sweet.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Meh, rumors maybe just rumors, but getting that info from sources that were right in the past about many many things is kinda hard to dismiss.

E. Body
    BG Level

That rumor has been around for a long time though I think. I hope it does eventually happen though.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Honestly, rumors aside. I see nothing wrong with SE doing something like that. If anything it will draw more people into playing, as the end-game scene will open up more and chance of getting items for those who want them even more feasable.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

I dont think they need to to that... rather, it'd be nice if there was some way to pop it (or any other non-bot provoke related method).

The problem is not the amount it pops... it's the fact that you can predict the pop in a 3 hour window.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Do you think once an HNM LS gets everybody that wants Koenig Body a Koenig Body they'll stop camping it? I swear sometimes that certain linkshells - DucknofParadise or YUMEorMABOROSHI (Japanese linkshells on Caitsith) - have been going after them without end. You'd think after two years of HNM camping they'd get everybody in their linkshell what they want already. Cutting HNMs' window down to a half will probably just make current situations even worse...maybe...

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Before it gets into "OMFG JPs bot, poor NAs can't get claim thread" I'd like to point out that even tho on Remora they have mass voke-bot wars, the LSs that do, especially the NAs ones, are working on making a truce and simply helping people get what they need by agreeing on time slots and pops for each LS.

Randoming for HNM is not possible or at least reasonable on Bahamut. Knowing our JP population they would never go for it.

I really doubt they'll adjust timers, or change the way the 3 king HNMs work. SE's fault in these abj items is that they are -too- good. This is the real problem, even if they were to introduce new NMs that drop different gear, you can't really top Koenig set if your a PLD, or Heca if ur a THF, and Zenith if ur mage, and so on. What would be neat (and what seems more possible) is SE introducing different ways to get ur grubby mitts on ABJ through their new ENM idea or BCNMs.

SE hardly goes back and fixes mistakes, and they only fix mistakes if people like/abuse/exploit these so called 'mistakes.'

People have mentioned CoP's gear may fix these problems, but... With gear like Kirin's Osode, what can you possibly introduce that makes an Osode obselete in it's uses. The same goes with many pieces, specifically abjuration/cursed gears. The new items they're churning out are.. shit. With the exception of Noct and the Seer's gear, there's very little SE can offer the Lv75 population, they've shot themselves in the foot by giving everything to the players in Zilart.

-Kwijiboe

PS. Fuck you SE for making RDM JSE have WHM head skin, SMN body, hand and feet skins, and ugly ass poofy BRD pants. A simple example of how SE is just recycling Zilart, regurgitating it into this expansion called CoP. But I'm still gonna keep playing your shitty game SE, because I'm whipped, please SE, let's never fight again, I love you ; ;

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Kwijiboe
    PS. Fuck you SE for making RDM JSE have WHM head skin, SMN body, hand and feet skins, and ugly ass poofy BRD pants. A simple example of how SE is just recycling Zilart, regurgitating it into this expansion called CoP. But I'm still gonna keep playing your shitty game SE, because I'm whipped, please SE, let's never fight again, I love you ; ;
    O_o

Wow. I thought I had a love/hate relationship with Square.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Meh, I'll finish my wind accu meripos and won't buy JSE, that's the way I chose for myself. Silencing Kirin, even tho may not be a good idea, but it's definatly an accomplishment, at least for myself.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

I really doubt they'll adjust timers, or change the way the 3 king HNMs work. SE's fault in these abj items is that they are -too- good. This is the real problem, even if they were to introduce new NMs that drop different gear, you can't really top Koenig set if your a PLD, or Heca if ur a THF, and Zenith if ur mage, and so on. What would be neat (and what seems more possible) is SE introducing different ways to get ur grubby mitts on ABJ through their new ENM idea or BCNMs.
    BTW, zenith sucks. There is a lot better stuff for mages than zenith now

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Keep reaching for that rainbow. :D

Lots of people have been thinking about having HNMs spawned instead of turing it into a voke fest. But therein lies the problem. If the HNMs aren't gonna get whored down, won't whatever that drops the item that spawns it get whored down?

Of course, Kwijiboe makes a good point. S-E has done little to address the HNM endgame content, namely these three kings. I doubt they'll do anything now.

Quote Originally Posted by Janice
    BTW, zenith sucks. There is a lot better stuff for mages than zenith now
    Like? And not just for WHM. I'm talking about the stuff you need to hunt for.