Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Dawnbringer

[Music] "Distant Worlds" live

This is from the recent "Voices: Music from Final Fantasy" concert in Yokohama. The arrangement of the CoP ending vocal is really good (it starts at ~3:00), so I figured I'd share. Kinda makes you forget about the not-as-great parts of the expansion...

The song itself was ripped from a DVD that S-E released of the concert, so you can probably find the rest of it somewhere if you look hard enough.

.mp3 download (12 MB) (Right-click-save-as or stream, I don't care. They're the same thing.)

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Oro Oro
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

I just finished watching the concert DVD. My favorite parts were Angela Aki's performances and the FF6 opera. Download the DVD here: http://www.2torrent.com/download.php?id ... kv.torrent

Quote Originally Posted by CDJapan
    DVD release of live footage from the "Final Fantasy" orchestral concert held at the Pacifico Yokohama in February of 2006. Includes complete footage from the show including performances from Emiko Shiratori, RIKKI, Izumi Masuda, Angela Aki, The Black Mages, the acapella group Mogleys, and more. Limited edition includes bonus DVD with documentary footage and interview with Nobuo Uematsu and Arnie Ross.
    http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=SQEX-20001

Quote Originally Posted by Gamespot
    Final Fantasy concert DVD coming to Japan
    Video of "Voices: Music from Final Fantasy" event will go on sale across the Pacific on June 21.
    By Staff, GameSpot
    Posted Jun 6, 2006 2:15 pm PT

On February 18, Square Enix held a concert devoted exclusively to the music of Final Fantasy in Yokohama, Japan. Titled "Voices: Music from Final Fantasy," the show was limited to one night only, and tickets sold out within 15 minutes of going on sale.

Fortunately for those who couldn't attend, a DVD of the concert will hit Japanese retailers on June 21. The widescreen Dolby 5.1 DVD will be titled Voices: Music from Final Fantasy Final Fantasy Premium Orchestra Concert and run 4,800 yen (about US $43) for a limited two-disc edition, and 3,800 ($34) for a one-disc version.

In addition to the orchestra, conducted by Arnie Ross, the DVD features Emiko Shiratori performing "Melodies of Life" (Final Fantasy IX), the band RIKKI singing "Suteki da ne" (FFX), Izumi Masuda on "Distant Worlds" (FFXI), and Angela Aki singing "Kiss Me Good-Bye" from FFXII. Purchasers of the limited edition will be treated to documentary footage and extended interviews with Ross and Nobuo Uematsu, composer of the Final Fantasy soundtracks.

A complete song list is as follows:
    1. Prelude
    2. Liberi Fatali (FFVIII)
    3. Fisherman's Horizon (FFVIII)
    4. Inori no Uta (FFX)
    5. Suteki da ne (FFX)
    6. Final Fantasy Doo-wop Medley
    7. Melodies of Life (FFIX)
    8. Final Fantasy
    9. Primavista Gakudan (FFIX)
    10. Yakusoku no Chi (FFVII: Advent Children)
    11. Distant Worlds (FFXI)
    12. Eyes on Me (FFVIII)
    13. Kiss Me Good-Bye (FFXII)
    14. Opera "Maria and Draco" (FFVI)
    Encores: Brass de Chokobo (FFX), Sairin: Katayoku no Tenshi (FFVII:AC)
    [link deleted]

I know its offtopic, but this reminds me of something. Does anyone have the music from the Empyrial Paradox, Promathia or Apocalypse Nigh song on their computer that they either ripped from the game or got elsewhere? I'm quite frankly too much of a spaz to do it on my own so I was wondering if anyone could hook me up with that. PM please

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Nice find Ichthyos. I've downloaded the torrent for the live concert long time ago, but still parts where people screamed or laughed, there was something on stage that i was obviously missing.

Cant wait till this one gets torrented too. The FF6 opera is nice on the album.

THIS IS NOT LIVEJOURNAL DOT COM
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Detheroc

I have so many different recordings of the FF6 opera. I'm glad to hear another one.

At the Fan Festival, the pianist in the Star Onions played the solo piano version of Vana'diel March. The whole place was dead quiet listening to her play the original log in music, reminiscing i'm sure about the first few months playing FFXI...

Ok enough gayeties, must download torrent.... <.<

FF VI Opera is one of the most amazing pieces of music I've ever heard...especially the long live one (about 20ish mins.) I'm sure this version will be just as good. Great find. Lolzrait^.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Oro Oro
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Thanks Vade!

A. Body
    BG Level

Distant Worlds would have been so much better if they had simply bothered to make the vocalist learn how to sing english. -_-
    The song is so good, her slurred speech just ruins it.

Edit: I really believe it could have been the best FF theme of the entire series if she could have given a bit more effort to sing clearly in english.
    They should really redo it someday, it's worth the effort to contribute to the feel of the story; listening to her english distracts from the emotion the song is attempting to convey.

WOW!

Best 2hours of Final Fantasy Music on the fucking planet. Download the DVD if you can (seeing the musicians adds so much to the performance). You won't regret it. More entertaining then most movies I've watched.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Frostmane

Downloading it right now! /praise Ichthyos

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Does anyone else have problems with the torrent? =/ It says it's not a valid torrent file. I tried in BitTornado, BitLord and BitTorrent.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Lasitha
    Does anyone else have problems with the torrent? =/ It says it's not a valid torrent file. I tried in BitTornado, BitLord and BitTorrent.
    I too have problems with the Torrent, as in, it not working for me ; ;

But the music download was nice

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Oro Oro
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Hmm my friend said BT official client wouldn't load it (maybe because of the JP chars in the torrent file), but I recommended BitComet, which worked fine for me.

http://www.bitcomet.com

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

I used uTorrent and it d/l just fine.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

thx :D

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

I used uTorrent too, but when I downloaded it it was either a .mka or .mkv (can't remember which) video file, and windows media player couldn't play it. I goggled the file extension and downloaded and installed the matroska media pack, which enabled WMP to play the file, but the audio was choppy, and furthermore, my audio was choppy and laggy when I logged back into FFXI. I have since uninstalled the pack and FFXI is ok, but it doesn't look like I will be able to watch the video until someone figures out how to convert it.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

I watch MKV with VLC Player.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Oro Oro
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

The video is MKV. I recommend the Combined Community Codec Pack (CCCP) to play most audio and video files:

http://www.cccp-project.net/

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Wow guys thanks a bunch for posting that, I have a huge collection of FF music (love any variation of Suteki Da Ne and the Aria) this is going to make a fantastic addition!