Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

I hope you all enjoy this FFXI video

For those of you familiar with me,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHgzSOyec3M

For those of you not familiar, feel free to ask any questions.

I hope you all enjoy, and thanks very much for watching.

The Veriest Berriest
    Pretty Pretty Princess

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Very nice as expected from you. Can't wait to see the full thing. And I should ban myself for asking the next question, but what song is that? lol....

An Efficient Consumption Bundle
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elyise Thierremont
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Muradin

Cool vid, I enjoyed the theme. However, there's just too much flashing white in there, either in transitions or from the actual video captures themselves; I feel like I've got ADD watching it.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I like your character model.. One of the hottest hume female and not too common. And Nin af2 is =Q on females.. (except elvaan of course, yuck)

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Sounds like a remix of the ZoE2 song. I'm probably wrong though lol

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Karina Silverstar
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

I've been following this series and it's been quite entertaining so far. I enjoy FFXI vids that try to have a story about them, too bad most of them kinda suck. This next episode looks like it starts adding in some more action, looking forward to it!

Also, your music choices throughout the videos have been very good and scene-appropriate. It's also not the typical overused stuff which is cool too.

Thanks to all who have commented, I can address you before I go to sleep.

Music used was 'Snow Castle' ~ Tekken 5 Dark Ressurection OST

The fade to white technique is something I am new to, and have tried it out only now. In future I will consider restraining the amount of times I use it.

To everyone else who has been following thank you. I promise you you will not be dissapointed in the future of Aegis of Release.

Thanks for reading.

Soundtrack used in the trailer here~ http://gh.ffshrine.org/soundtracks/6601/103427

I love it so much

Looks like a good series, I'll have to catch up on the other ones.

Banned.

BG Level

I think in real life, if someone was wearing something like a Weskit and a pair of slops, they would look insane. Having matching armor sets, or at least, clothing that makes sense when paired together would probably help with setting the mood in my opinion. I mean, you are not being limited by the fact you want the best stats in each slot, so it doesn't matter.

Anyway, being less picky abou things... these type of videos(not to say yours, maybe yours, but I can't remember right now) are ususally over the top with flashy graphics or just in general. This is probably to make up for the game's graphics. I guess I can look forward to it, but I hope it isn't cheesy, as they tend to be.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by BRP
    I think in real life, if someone was wearing something like a Weskit and a pair of slops, they would look insane. Having matching armor sets, or at least, clothing that makes sense when paired together would probably help with setting the mood in my opinion. I mean, you are not being limited by the fact you want the best stats in each slot, so it doesn't matter.

Anyway, being less picky abou things... these type of videos(not to say yours, maybe yours, but I can't remember right now) are ususally over the top with flashy graphics or just in general. This is probably to make up for the game's graphics. I guess I can look forward to it, but I hope it isn't cheesy, as they tend to be.
    In real life people crap themselves if they saw a quadov, yagudo, goblin, or orc. People would probably die if they even glimpsed a Behemoth or Grand Wyrm. Generally speaking, real life logic does not apply to video games or the movies they inspire.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

If I was a RDM irl I would've killed myself a long time ago. infact, one would think most support jobs would be commonly dropping out of windows just to reraise.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Rocl

If I was a RDM irl I would've killed myself a long time ago. infact, one would think most support jobs would be commonly dropping out of windows just to reraise.
    Although it would be nice to have sneak and invisible to avoid boss aggro at work. (I bet my boss would be true-sight though...)

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Septimus

In real life people crap themselves if they saw a quadov, yagudo, goblin, or orc. People would probably die if they even glimpsed a Behemoth or Grand Wyrm. Generally speaking, real life logic does not apply to video games or the movies they inspire.
    Good point, but in real life, I mean in any reality where there is a sense of fashion of some type. I'm pretty sure Vana'diel fits the bill, which is where the movie takes place, even if its a videogame world. And with that, I think if you grab some random guy, like a AH vendor, and placed him in front of a Wyrm, he would shit his pants or die. If you are going to make a movie, where you can sacrifice stats for looks, there is no reason not to adjust sets of armor that might even been physical impossible to wear.

Then again, this is only if you care about authenticity (of Vana'diel). Which I'd think these kind of movies usually would aim for. Which is one of the main things that would seperate it from a LS video or something, killing a Tiamat. The whole weskit set, as we were told by SE, southern continent(Mithra's homeland with african flavors) armor that wards off evil spirits and curses. More importantly, that's what it looks like. You could call it barbaric even. Now the standard sets of armor for mages are usually light, possibly higher-class, clothing. Very different from the Weskit set. To wear both, especially body piece and legs piece, looks kind of alien.

Ranger
    9900klub

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sonomaa Kihten
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Durotan
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Septimus
    Although it would be nice to have sneak and invisible to avoid boss aggro at work. (I bet my boss would be true-sight though...)
    bosses would be beastmasters with widescan and a lawyer jugpet

It got a bit off topic, but it's a very valid point so I'll explain just how I decide on the gear people wear.

For starters I try to avoid people using cookie cutter gear. The combination of gear people were that is very common. I wanted all the main characters to stand out so I try to find a setup of gear people won't always see. Although there is the case of Mega, in full PLD AF.

The reason for that is because I thought PLD AF stands out very well by itself so I allowed him to wear that.

Ltauhmise is a 75 PLD (As well as others) but Darksteel Set makes her look like a mysterious, bad character.

Also am starting to dabble in custom dats (Such as Montgomery's body piece) and it's working quite well.

These kind of criticisms are really important to me, and I'm glad I get it here because it will hopefully make the series enjoyable and spectacular.

Thanks for your comments.

Banned.

BG Level

Well, I really pointing out the BLM, who was wearing Errant slops and a weskit.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Awww that little kitty cat is so cute *=^.^=*

BTW BRP I hate your avattar, plz change it. =/

Banned.

BG Level

This is my true form.

Very nice, watched the Episode one, and it was really good, now need to see the two others. When is that you're releasing Episode 4 btw?