+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The challenge thread     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

The challenge thread

Ok so I looked around for one but I couldn't find it so just delete this one if my eyes decieve me.

I thought it would be fun to make a thread about the challenges, you can post what ones you're having trouble on or give advice to other people. There are a shitton in this god forsaken game and I want to get every single one of them =P I've unlocked all the blue spheres and I'd say i'm about 65% of the way done atm. Right now I'm stuck on the boss battles, anyone have any suggestions on good characters to use?

I thought i'd also share a few tricks I found when doing them:

For the 400 combined combos: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JejX11h0A40
    really big help for the target test time challenge: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkTCfv4Zj9E

I made my own coin gathering one and I got 5k in like 4 minutes, if anyone really wants it I'll post a vid of how but it's pretty simple.

Have at it!

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Re: The challenge thread

Quote Originally Posted by ertyu
    For the 400 combined combos: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JejX11h0A40
    Honestly, that's too thought out and annoying. What I did for combo counter was set time to 1.5, CPU as Bowser on control, went to a stage with a wall, then held A. 687 combo on Sheik, np.

Everybody's Favourite Nobody
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

The 5000 coins one has to be done in a single match?

Quote Originally Posted by Metah
    couldn't you just set a computer with a bajillion minutes?

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patty Fleur
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Burning Blade

Quote Originally Posted by LinktheDeme
    couldn't you just set a computer with a bajillion minutes?
    Would setting both players to CPU then going afk work?

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

No, the 5,000 coins does not have to be in a single match. All I did was go to a stage where I could trap someone in a corner, go 1 v 1 with two controllers, and have Bowser use his fire breath on the character stuck in the corner. I did this as 1 minute matches since after that the number of coins they drop gets less. A 1 minute match of doing this got around 350-400 coins.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

It only counts coins that actual players get and the 5000 can be over several matches.

edit: Beaten.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Hint: Use curry brawl

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patty Fleur
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Burning Blade

Just sat through 14 minutes of 15min brawl to be blown away by a bomb....

For 15 min Brawl, I just used Pit and flew under the level the whole time.

Boring as shit, but effective.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patty Fleur
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Burning Blade

Yeah I was doing that with Jigglypuff but kept making stupids mistakes c_c

I did this in melee works in brawl decently as well lost on 14th minute ;/

Use lucarios B move and charge it facing the end so the ball is facing inside the ring. Just continue charging it and they'll keep running as well. On occasion they'll wisen up so just run to the other side and repeat.

Banned.

BG Level

Also, screw using golden hammers!

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

If you use the Lucario method, turn off your rumble, or you'll feel like Michael J. Fox for 15 mins.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patty Fleur
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Burning Blade

Use lucarios B move and charge it facing the end so the ball is facing inside the ring. Just continue charging it and they'll keep running as well. On occasion they'll wisen up so just run to the other side and repeat.
    Might try that, I was using pikachu jumping around spamming thunder. Luckily the 49th guy I had spawned solo, so I had one retarded AI chasing after me. Went near a bomb to throw it off the ledge, of course it starts to walk right when I get there

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

For Cruel Brawl, I used Diddy Kong:

Go off to the ledge of your choice (I used left because I'm left handed), jump off and down. Grab on the ledge, hit down to let go, then hit up+b to rocket up. That's pretty much what I did over and over. If an enemy tried to pursue me, he'd be pushed downwards by the rocket exhaust. If you need help luring enemies to jump off, jump off further away from the stage, this tends to bring them out. Then use his f+b to return to the ledge horizontally, but NEVER use his kick, tap f+b once then wait till the animation is over. Using up+b after this to grab the ledge and repeat the process.

I was able to get 11 kills with this process, then I stopped because fuck it.

Edit: I forgot to mention, be careful of the Green Alloy. They can fuck you up pretty badly. If one drops down, repeadiately hit him so he wastes his jumps, never charge your rockets. If any other colour comes down, make sure they are under your rockets so they'll get propelled downwards. Yellow Alloy are especially easy to kill in this fashion. Another way to coax them out is to drop down, charge your rockets some so you fall further, then release and catch. Sometimes this will make them more eager to jump for you.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Glick Wick
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Go off to the ledge of your choice (I used left because I'm left handed), jump off and down. Grab on the ledge, hit down to let go, then hit up+b to rocket up. That's pretty much what I did over and over. If an enemy tried to pursue me, he'd be pushed downwards by the rocket exhaust. If you need help luring enemies to jump off, jump off further away from the stage, this tends to bring them out. Then use his f+b to return to the ledge horizontally, but NEVER use his kick, tap f+b once then wait till the animation is over. Using up+b after this to grab the ledge and repeat the process.

Edit: I forgot to mention, be careful of the Green Alloy. They can fuck you up pretty badly. If one drops down, repeadiately hit him so he wastes his jumps, never charge your rockets. If any other colour comes down, make sure they are under your rockets so they'll get propelled downwards. Yellow Alloy are especially easy to kill in this fashion. Another way to coax them out is to drop down, charge your rockets some so you fall further, then release and catch. Sometimes this will make them more eager to jump for you.
    IMO it's easier and safer with Jiggly or Kirby, since you don't need to worry about the green ones. Just fall off the side, drift away from the platform a bit, then turn around and float under it to the other side. Once you get the timing and how far you need to drift down, you can kill these moronic alloys forever.

I'm pretty much done with the challenges and most of them have an easy way to do them. As for the ones stated on Cruel Brawl I used Pit and flew under the stage until they kill themselves, 100 man brawl and 15 min Brawl I used Samus and prayed for a beam sword because Samus+Sword= Untouchable, on the combo one I just used spicy curry, the timed target ones are easy (only one I had a little trouble with was level 3 in 20 sec but using sonic you problably get 12 secs).

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Noobta

Might try that, I was using pikachu jumping around spamming thunder. Luckily the 49th guy I had spawned solo, so I had one retarded AI chasing after me. Went near a bomb to throw it off the ledge, of course it starts to walk right when I get there
    I did this while watching House tonight, rumble on helped cuz when it stops rumbling it meant I had to look over and see what hit me. Definitely the easiest way to do it.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by MisterBob

IMO it's easier and safer with Jiggly or Kirby, since you don't need to worry about the green ones. Just fall off the side, drift away from the platform a bit, then turn around and float under it to the other side. Once you get the timing and how far you need to drift down, you can kill these moronic alloys forever.
    Safer? Maybe. Easier? I dunno man, I pretty much just hit down, up+b, repeat for a few minutes :\