+ Reply to Thread
    Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

BG Level

(Rumor) Leaked 1.8 Patch Notes

1.8 Update!

This is a big update, but I'll tell you a few things about it.

Leaked the information about 1.5 before that turned out to be right... so you can choose to trust me or not.

1. AP Gain System Change

Until now, if a rank 9 killed a 1 star he/she would gain more AP than a rank 5 killing 1 star, but now if the rank difference is more than 5, you gain less AP.
    This will prevent mass suicidal kill attempts on you (if you are high rank) just to get your kill.

2. Ground Abyss

Well thats about it. Theres gonna be a ground Abyss.

3. Dredgion's Appearance

Dredgion will appear much more frequently during sieges and will take forts much more often.

Also Seed of Detection II will be added which will allow Hide II to be seen.

4. Alliance Dredgion

They say there will be a dredgion with multiple teams going in. With 3 teams on each side, but not like forming an alliance then going in like in sieges.

5. Defensive Godstones

Theres gonna be defensive godstones. Its gonna be something like 10% proc rate heal 890 hp, 2% proc remove all CC from yourself.
    These trigger not upon hitting with your weapon, but on receiving attacks.

6. Divine Abyss Points, Divine Medals

These new things can only be gained through PvP. They say these can be gained only from other PCs. For the points you'll need to just PvP. And theres gonna be quest to earn Divine Medals through a certain amount of kills. Really focusing on PvP.

7. Manastones and ASPD Items change
    This is for balancing, but theres gonna be a different way of being able to slot manastones.
    Manastones for spear, manastones for daggers, manastones for greatswords... are gonna have different levels of manastones available for them. Also, items with ASPD will have a lower accuracy. Probably because everyone looks forward to ASPD items.

8. Tezo's Instance

Like I said earlier theres gonna be ground abyss, which means there will be forts, which also means there will be Abyss Instances. This is not a new map, but sort of like Fire Temple/Draupnir Cave type. Mobs in this instance will also be placed randomly each time you enter, its gonna be challenging/annoying.

9. Item Level Upgrade

Note: I dont quite get this part, and so does this guy... but here I go

No level cap raise, but theres gonna be sort of an item upgrading system. At level 50, you can upgrade your item so that it goes up a grade.

I didnt quite get this part at first so I listened more

No level cap raise, but you can level your item like normal leveling your character and it will upgrade.

Something like 3 levels... like level one will have 300 atk, level two will have 350, level three 400. Same weapon, but get more out of it.
    Original:
    http://aion.gamechosun.co.kr/board/v...orum&num=97553
    Translation:
    http://www.aionsource.com/forum/trin...ls-leaked.html

Dulek

Noob question possibly. What is ASPD and thanks for posting this Priran.

Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

BG Level

attack speed

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Veyron Snow
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

lol, a "Gladiator" Abyss.

Quote Originally Posted by Veyron View Post
    lol, a "Gladiator" Abyss.
    An Abyss where Rangers and Sorcs don't have free reign, and you cant beat glads/sins by popping wings? Blasphemy.

Wait, I'll be able to fear now without people going to warp speed? Sounds good to me.

Now all they need to do is fill it with non-elite level 50 Balaur mobs to free us from the core and it would be golden.

Defensive Godstones worry me, but I'll have to see what they are before a final verdict.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

I hope the AP changes are good, will allow higher ranked ppl to pvp w/o fear of dieing

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sym Vesarius
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

Quote Originally Posted by Katlan View Post
    I hope the AP changes are good, will allow higher ranked ppl to pvp w/o fear of dieing
    they will still be targeted for the quests and just because they are a red name.

we fuckin' stole it man.
    BG Level

6. Divine Abyss Points, Divine Medals

These new things can only be gained through PvP. They say these can be gained only from other PCs. For the points you'll need to just PvP. And theres gonna be quest to earn Divine Medals through a certain amount of kills. Really focusing on PvP.
    this sounds awesome

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Veyron Snow
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Pooky View Post
    An Abyss where Rangers and Sorcs don't have free reign, and you cant beat glads/sins by popping wings? Blasphemy.
    It's going to be the next best thing since sliced bread, omahgawd!

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Nefarious View Post
    they will still be targeted for the quests and just because they are a red name.
    lol... u missed my point... u get to rank 1+ and u dont pvp... end of story... because one death is worth is 1hr+ of AP grinding. You sometimes go out and PvP but then u get ganked and realize u never want to PvP again

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Amelia Diremii
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

the weapon leveling thing intrigues me personally

Quote Originally Posted by Leb View Post
    the weapon leveling thing intrigues me personally
    "Get your favorite weapon to +10, and then try using this stone that might fail and set you back to +0 or destroy the weapon!"

You know that's how it's gonna be. >.>

Can't really say the other stuff interests me, nor do I see how it'll change people of high rank hiding from conflict.

Bitchfist
    The horn knows no mercy; only wrath

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Indalecia Salavachere
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Weapon system sounds like ragnarok 2

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I'd be happier if they unbroke fort timers.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vega Castro
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Ground pvp is still lame vs some classes, SM still has their iwin button x3 sorry this shit is still fucked if you bump into one. One SM+any scrubby class can take people down with ease.

I'd Rather Be in Zi'Tah
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaelie Niie
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

2. Ground Abyss
    Isn't the major part of the game flight combat? Seriously, I am not a huge fan of the PvP in Aion, but flight pvp is what makes the came interesting and fun. I would much rather see them fix the glaring issues with pvp in general and give the melee classes (temp, sin, glad) abilities to counter the cut and run strategies than just give up on flight based pvp.

1. AP Gain System Change

Until now, if a rank 9 killed a 1 star he/she would gain more AP than a rank 5 killing 1 star, but now if the rank difference is more than 5, you gain less AP.
    This will prevent mass suicidal kill attempts on you (if you are high rank) just to get your kill.
    This wont make you any less a target in any pvp situation. This is a step in the right direction, but AP loss needs to be static and much lower. No Officer rank players are all that willing to do anything but grind guards, do dredgion and run fortress instances for AP because a single death = hours or days of grinding to makeup for the loss. This kills a lot of pvp.

--

The rest of the changes are token system changes that may or may not enhance the gameplay experience. A secondary dredgion that will now be a lot more like *cough*Arathi Basin is all fine and good but it doesn't solve any pressing problem with lack of content and easing the post 50 grind.

The new fortress instances will be fun I am sure. However, with the current broken 30 minute vulnerability timers sieges have all but ceased. Defense is way up and Assaults are way down. Very few servers have multiple center ring Fortresses occupied and those that do do not see them turn over to the other faction. Hell, Dredgion can't even take a fortress on my server. To my knowledge Divine Fortress hasnt been taken on any non Asian server either. Adding a new PvP area without first fixing the current one is fairly asinine.

Right now I see NCSoft doing what SE was always famous for. Giving new content without adequately addressing issues with the current content. Giving us flashy updates without really doing much of anything real. I hope this is not the case, but I will believe that when I see it.