+ Reply to Thread
    Relic Shield
    BG Level

BG Orthodontia/Dental: Regarding braces/teeth

So I have these damn braces in my mouth for a while longer but as of late I've been hearing a crunching or something going on in my mouth. I brush my teeth on a daily basis and use a water pick thing as well as floss as much as I can morning and night. I was wondering if this was because my teeth are still moving and should be ignored or something that I need to ask my orthodontist about?

You think this is the real Dmitry?
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Where does the crunching sound like it's coming from?

I vaguely remember something like that with the molar cap things, but it's hard to say. Could be a loose wire or something.

I would say maybe call your ortho (or make an appt if the chicks are cute ) but if it isn't hurting you I wouldn't worry too much.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

If you know where the crunching is coming from, try to see if there's anything stuck there at all. When I had braces, I remember slight crunching but I just assumed it was from the teeth moving.

Did you have any teeth pulled? Mine were really messy when I got pulled and I had little pieces for a while too. Or like Dmitry said, go if the chicks are cute. Unless you get charged per visit.

Ninja Ninja
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Noemi Rondain
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Did you pop a brace?

▲▲

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pikarya Saisei
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Its probably the material that is used to hold the bracket (heat activatable bonding material) in place. Often brackets can come loose if not positioned right when the wire itself is tightened manually due to a change in angle. (Imagine bending a pencil past its maximum curvature).

But it could be other things, as I don't know what your mouth looks like or what situation your orthodontist is running you though. Had 6 years of dental work done so I've pretty much seen everything short of suicide.