BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

I ISSUE A CHALLENGE - SUPER MEGA ULTRA GM MODE

Whoever can get a picture with themselves next to a GM in this day and age. YOU WIN.

Edit- Discussion of recent GM experiences is apart of this thread. Because there has been a lack of them existing. Thus the reason for this thread.

User was infracted for this post.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zimt Zucker
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

This will end well.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan

+1

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Just for some background I tried calling a GM five times today with no luck.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Fucking LOL.
    That is all.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

why can't i kill people w/ the power of hatred

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zimt Zucker
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

If it's any consolation, I'm sure you'll find the administrative staff here more attentive.

>The Implying
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jeryhn Astracrown
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Rocl View Post
    why can't i kill people w/ the power of hatred
    Because haters can only hate.

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by Jeryhn View Post
    Because haters can only hate.
    Well played sir. At least we got something out of this thread.

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I saw a GM the other day speaking with some JP.

Then theres me, who placed a GM call and didn't get a response for THREE DAYS, and the response was an Auto-message informing me i Should report it to Playonline.

Lazy pricks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

They're collaborating on the best way to use an English<=>Japanese dictionary to take part in BG's anthropology discussions.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Last time I called a GM I got an automated messaged telling me to inform the STFU, about a week later.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Nyosan View Post
    If it's any consolation, I'm sure you'll find the administrative staff here more attentive.
    <3

Uh oh. Is the isa ban stick bout to be swung? me thinks so O.o!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmarelord View Post
    Uh oh. Is the isa ban stick bout to be swung? me thinks so O.o!
    Islador is a girl right? Wouldn't it be more likely swinging a bag of douche than a stick? Or as they say in Spain: "El Bago de doucho".

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

So you people now think that any new thread made is worthy of a ban? He has a point and I haven't seen it said. I called a GM because I was stuck and couldn't move. This is the most basic need for a GM, pretty cut and dry. I got no response at all. There IS something up with GMs, they must have cut their staff big time and not told us.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by Ramses View Post
    So you people now think that any new thread made is worthy of a ban? He has a point and I haven't seen it said. I called a GM because I was stuck and couldn't move. This is the most basic need for a GM, pretty cut and dry. I got no response at all. There IS something up with GMs, they must have cut their staff big time and not told us.
    Alright, I'll help you. On BG, if you're going to make a thread, phrase it as a discussion. If it's a question you want answered, you go to the randomest questions thread (Which *appears* to be the direction the OP is headed). Now, the discussion has to be meaningful. What does that mean? It means that if you derive information during the discussion, that it will change playstyle, gear choice, or foster action towards SE. The last category is ambiguous because BG is resentful towards petitions for change, so if you don't know, ask a Yugl. That said, BG does not, and is probably unwilling to, put enough effort into getting people to the correct thread (Titles of threads, Restrictions on making new threads, and so forth). At the same time, the small text near the "New Thread" button does ask you to use the randomest questions thread. Unless this person accumulated 50+ posts outside of the FFXI forums, it is unlikely that they did not notice the thread.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Since we're now discussing the rules of BG posting - what about trite, unimportant findings that people might want to hear about anyway...

Say I figured out the latent effect on Fatality Belt is triggered by Doom status. It's worthless information - but people would be interested in hearing it anyway.

New thread worthy. I doubt it... the only thing I could think of is rephrasing my hypothetical findings into a question... "I was messing around with Fatality Belt and found the latent effect is triggered by Doom status. Has anyone else figured this out yet?"

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Yugl View Post
    Alright, I'll help you. On BG, if you're going to make a thread, phrase it as a discussion. If it's a question you want answered, you go to the randomest questions thread (Which *appears* to be the direction the OP is headed). Now, the discussion has to be meaningful. What does that mean? It means that if you derive information during the discussion, that it will change playstyle, gear choice, or foster action towards SE. The last category is ambiguous because BG is resentful towards petitions for change, so if you don't know, ask a Yugl. That said, BG does not, and is probably unwilling to, put enough effort into getting people to the correct thread (Titles of threads, Restrictions on making new threads, and so forth). At the same time, the small text near the "New Thread" button does ask you to use the randomest questions thread. Unless this person accumulated 50+ posts outside of the FFXI forums, it is unlikely that they did not notice the thread.
    Yes, I know how it works. I just thought it was fairly obvious from the not so cryptic first post that the point is GMs seem to have disappeared without notice. Yes, that may be an overestimation of people's ability to discern that. However, the GMs disappearing seems somewhat noteworthy and something people may want to know about. There are a ton of pointless threads started, this one seems like it has a decent reason though. I was merely noting that people seem to just shout ban because it is the cool thing to do.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

That typically (And since I'm referring to history, I'm not saying this is how it SHOULD be done) comes in the form of a new thread. You might face ridicule, but it's generally not something that brings the mod work unless the ridicule turns into a pointless argument. For example, Malachite tested the abyssite of prosperity and posted about it. He was ridiculed, but I don't recall mods taking action. At the same time, unless someone is willing to challenge your data (And if it's a mundane topic, it's unlikely), whether your thread remains open is irrelevant since there is no room for discussion. You have the answer and no one else. Hence, responses from others are pointless.

@Rames: Presentation matters (Sadly). In this case, it was not up to par.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast