BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Dual wielding and sea torques

If you're a war for example, and you're dual wielding axe/sword and are using fortitude torque. Is your total acc and attack increased or is it only active when u hit the sword. Does that 7 attack +6.somethin acc also apply to your axe? And if it does, you could also get a temperance torque and it would work on the sword too as long as you have an axe equipped?

The Sig...
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Re: Dual wielding and sea torques

Should of been in the random question thread.

Take a look at what this says:
    http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/ff...ude_Torque.png

Do you see ANYTHING involving an axe?

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/ff...anceTorque.jpg

Do you see ANYTHING involving a sword?

For WAR, your axe skill is higher than your sword, thus, throw a fort torque on with your La'Ridill and amaze yourself at the +7ish ACC from your torque.

All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Well when dual wielding, it really doesn't say mainhand weapon attack = x and offhand weapon attack = x, it'll give one value. And if they don't apply to both, why not just use pcc and get +10 acc in both. I don't think +7 attack in 1 weapon is gonna make up for -10 acc in one weapon and minus 4 in the other.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

When dual wielding two diff weapons PCC onry

this question can easily be likened to asking if i equipped an axe in my main and a ridill in my off on bst, would i have a high accuracy with my ridill? bst's sword is colossally lower than its axe skill, as such the main weapon would hit plenty accurately as normal, but the sword in the off hand would be an endless stream of whiffed swings. if i merited axe on bst, sure my hit rate would go up with my axes, but it would show absolutely zero effect on my off weapon. based on all these examples, it should be clear beyond any shadow of a doubt that a sea torque will only affect the accuracy on a weapon type listed on it, exactly what has been said above my post many times.

Ive sucked 27 dicks, in a row.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Cream Soda
    Well when dual wielding, it really doesn't say mainhand weapon attack = x and offhand weapon attack = x, it'll give one value. And if they don't apply to both, why not just use pcc and get +10 acc in both. I don't think +7 attack in 1 weapon is gonna make up for -10 acc in one weapon and minus 4 in the other.
    The value shown on the character screen is for your main hand weapon only, which you can test pretty easily with any kind of +weapon skill gear. Like many other stats, apparently SE thought it unimportant to tell us how hard we'd be hitting with that pesky offhand weapon. You're correct that PCC is way better when you're using two different types of weapons.

All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Ah kk I get it. Main reason I asked is because I see a lot of Axe/Ridill with fort torques.

Bitchfist
    The horn knows no mercy; only wrath

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Indalecia Salavachere
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Asura

We refer to these people as "morons".

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Zosi
    Like many other stats, apparently SE thought it unimportant to tell us how hard we'd be hitting with that pesky offhand weapon.
    To be fair, dual wielding wasn't in until RoZ, do you really think they'd change your status screen to adjust to the changes? lolSE

assburgers
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tricen
    When dual wielding two diff weapons PCC onry
    This is correct sir.

Wood/Man/Jugg/Whatever, Temp Torque

Rid/Joy/Company/Whatever, Fort Torque

Only time Dual Wielding+Axe+Fort should apply is when SE gives Warrior Monkey Grip, so I can dual wield pairs out of my Byakko's/Rampager/Fortitude/Mbhuj/Choppah collection, and say "Holy shit, I'm dualwielding great axes with a fortitude torque, this must be how Jesus feels."

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

I think axe/ridill fortitude torque users like myself have a few reasons why they do this. Firstly I use sushi when i'm dualwielding and my accuracy is usually 92-3% on mamool ja. peacock charm is likely the best choice in this slot but my rationale is that more of my attacks will be coming from my offhand so I like my sword to be as powerful as it can be. Is it worth the price of the charm to get like .2% accuracy? Secondly, I also have full sword and axe merits, and use temp. torque on rampage as expected. I could probably use a peacock charm for TP and/or and I'd probably see no difference in my accuracy or average melee attack damage.

It's such a minor change and the torque is much easier to get than camping Argus or farming gil for the charm, albeit it is much lower level and useful for every melee job early on.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

PCC instead of Fort in that setup would give you +5% acc in your axehand and +1.5-2% acc for your Ridill. And that Fort gives you a whopping 6 attack in your ridillhand.

assburgers
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglestrike
    PCC instead of Fort in that setup would give you +5% acc in your axehand and +1.5-2% acc for your Ridill. And that Fort gives you a whopping 6 attack in your ridillhand.
    Ding! Winnar.

You're losing acc on mainhand, the hand you're landing Rampages with.

If you have Fort and Ridill, why not just bust out the Swordchucks, yo? Rid/Joy ftw.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Yea >.> I just hate swordchucks personally. I want a charm but have no time to camp and no money to spend on it when what I have works fine anyways. No doubt I'm just lazy and/or poor since Ares's Cuirass ;x

¯\(°_o)/¯
    BG Level

I don't even own an axe anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Bagel
    I don't even own an axe anymore.
    The only reason i own axes is cuz of my 69 bst. I dont even touch my temperance torque anymore, GA ONRY!

Ranger
    9900klub

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sonomaa Kihten
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Durotan
    Blog Entries

ridill/joy is nice, but I prefer a little more power in my attacks. the accuracy through volume approach is great on some mobs, but I want that extra punch when Im in northlands dynamis or something mean, little stuff is dual wield fodder though and I love it.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Merona
    Yea >.> I just hate swordchucks personally. I want a charm but have no time to camp and no money to spend on it when what I have works fine anyways. No doubt I'm just lazy and/or poor since Ares's Cuirass ;x
    If you can't afford a chram, there is always this. Accuracy for both weapons and a little extra STR.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

CLEARLY the solution is to gear swap from the temperance torque to the fort torque between swings, then back to temperance again during delay cooldown

Quote Originally Posted by Septimus
    Quote Originally Posted by Merona
    If you can't afford a chram, there is always this. Accuracy for both weapons and a little extra STR.
    Or spectacles are nice

edit: have a question of my own. If a warrior has max sword merit and no axe merits (war isn't only job so merits from other jobs too, just saying this before someone says war should max axe and sword onry blah) that beefs up their sword from 250 to 268. And their axe is 269, with suppanomimi bumps up the 268 sword to 273 which is higher than axe. In this situation would it be better to perdu hanger + joy toy? Statistically perdu hanger has higher DPS and i'm not 100% sure for ws but isn't a 4 hit with 1.00 D better than 5 hit 0.50 D.(both have 30% str mod)