Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Absolute Virtue: How To Win

Alright. I wasn't sure about posting this as it could cause a lot of drama server wide but considering SE is nerfing Absolute Virtue; I think everyone should try to at least attempt AV before this happens knowing how he is beat. It's funny that SE didn't show some other stuff that should have been shown however they successfully stopped the part of AV that people have been wondering about. Alright here goes.

The solution to beating Absolute Virtue is quite simple. As you saw in the Japanese video and also common knowledge that SE has given about the regen; AV is defeatable. The duration of the fight depends on a lot of factors; mostly party setup and what AV chooses to do every 2 hours. Benediction could of course ruin anyone's night.

Alright everyone knows that you should kill the pops on Jailer of Love until he pops nothing but sharks. This much had been provided and it's all you need to know to help kill AV's regen. Once sharks start popping out, you can kill JoL. Killing sharks for hours upon hours is a waste of time since it won't do anything more to AV's regen.

Alright AV pops. Obviously you kill his adds, and as you saw in the video the Aerns were no where to be found. That should have been common knowledge and a first clue to everyone. This also helps against AV's regen. Another tactic that was released/you saw in the video; nuking the same elemental spell on the elemental day keeps his regen very low, almost to nothing. Duh right? Okay now on to the 2 hour problem that everyone seems to be having.

As you saw in the video and have talked about on the forums of something not appearing in the video. That's right, you never saw AV readies "insert 2 hour here"; however AV will ALWAYS use a 2 hour ability EVERY 2 hours. You can't prevent this, I'm sorry. This might be what SE could be nerfing; the ability to use Benediction and maybe adjusting damage of Meteor/Comet. Now, as you saw in the video every 2 hours AV would pop a random 2 hour off. This is normal and will happen. The reason you saw the Paladin popping Invicible first was because they were keeping track of the 2 hour and popped it as soon as AV is able to use a 2 hour again.

Now as you saw everyone popped off their 2 hour. Do you know why this is? Some people in the forums guessed it. Yes, it locks AV's ability from using 2 hours another way. As a TP move. Now, everyone using 2 hours in the alliance is the key to winning. As well as everyone who has touched AV or is on the hate list and has been dropped from the party. AV randomly selects a useable 2 hour from the people on the hate list when it has TP. I'm sure some guessed this already.

Other than that, this is a long fight. Can be shorter but it all depends on your party setup and what happens every 2 hours. Wiping can be very crappy but it happens. The good thing about a wipe is, knowing what you do now from this post can help you raise back up and possible keep going at AV without having to worry about too much. I didn't want to post this but soon AV will be nerfed and people will not be able to fight her the right way that it was meant to be done. There was no big complex trick to fighting AV ever. SE gave the solution many times in their video and in saying certain things.

This is an endurance fight you don't throw everything at her and feed her TP specially when you don't know if everyone in the party or on hate list used their two hour when she did or if it's available. Well good luck to those who choose to try AV before the nerf. You should now be the only LS or part of the few who have ever defeated AV before the nerf.

Signed,

Bane of Absolute Virtue

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

RUN!

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Amelia Diremii
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

LET LOOSE THE TORCHES

You just got served THE CALLISTO SPECIAL
    SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

Best. Forum. Name. Ever.

Sponsored by Orton
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

In before lock.

Awesome to the Max.

Signed, Neosutra.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

I'm going to allow it.

Dragoon Princess
    My Little Ixion

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaiyoko Star
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Destromath

I think you're about 7 or so months late with useless info -.-

SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

A generous Rocl has reared its head today.

Demosthenes11

bad troll is bad

SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

Oh no this is totally legit I bet.

SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

Would a simple troll go through the effort of thinking up such an awesome handle?

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lex Luger
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Demon Soul

I'm not saying this guy is right, but even if someone did completely figure out the trick to AV, and posted it here, he'd be ridiculed and laughed and told to STFU and run etc. without anyone even giving it at least a consideration, lol. Unless of course they tested the theory themself and posted pics..

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes11 View Post
    bad troll is bad
    This thread needs that picture of the Troll saying "Hey! fuck you buddy"

Quote Originally Posted by Militant View Post
    I'm not saying this guy is right, but even if someone did completely figure out the trick to AV, and posted it here, he'd be ridiculed and laughed and told to STFU and run etc. without anyone even giving it at least a consideration, lol.
    and no, I remember an av post that happened not too long ago where the guy put a ton of effort into it, and it was really quite interesting, people replied that what he is suggesting has been tested, but he did a lot of research so kudos for that.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

The secret to killing AV is the same as the secret to immortality: Having sex with lots of small children, from all over the world.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Terrestrial Rage
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

BRB testing strat

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

In order to not be ridiculed, only 1 simple thing is required.

Show us a pic where you have AV below 90% health.
    There.
    Done.
    People will now listen intently to your methods.

Beyond that... ->

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Heart Underblade
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

gtfo

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Terrestrialrage View Post
    BRB testing strat
    If that guy hadn't posted right between us your post would've been a lot more entertaining.

DAKPluto

Quote Originally Posted by Yuri-G View Post
    If that guy hadn't posted right between us your post would've been a lot more entertaining.
    Fixed

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast