Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Sandworm "Question"     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Sandworm "Question"

So my LS won't accept the fact that Sandworm can pop in the same zone 2 days in a row (even though I've seen it many times) so I decided to make a BG post to prove them wrong. So yeah, can Sandworm pop in the same zone 2 days in a row or not?

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level

I personally have never seen it pop in the same zone 2 days in a row.

But, I wouldn't say im 100% correct on this.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Gurubashi

Quote Originally Posted by Jornna View Post
    I personally have never seen it pop in the same zone 2 days in a row.

But, I wouldn't say im 100% correct on this.
    People on multiple occasions have told me it can't pop in the same zone twice. Granted I haven't been doing Sandworm for long, my opinion means shit.

People who've told me it can't pop in the same zone twice have been doing this for quite a while now.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

I've camped Sandworm with my HNMLS since it was implemented and I've never seen it pop in the same zone 2 days in a row.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I've seen it pop in Sauromugue Champaign [S] twice in a row, so yes it can

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

If you have 12 zones it can pop in, then there is a 1/12 chance it will pop in one zone on any given day if it is truly random. The chance of it popping in the same zone twice in two consecutive days is 1/144, or about twice a year. That means that there is a 143/144 chance that it will not pop in the same zone on two consecutive days.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

From what I have heard and seen it has not popped in the same zone twice in a row. Have your experiences been on days with server restarts?

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Hydraxis

Come on Botosi, you know that you cant tell anyone in our ls shit. They will descredit it if they didnt think of it first, and if they cant do that they will call you an idiot for fun! :D

God I love my LS, full of entertainment.

EDIT: I have seen it pop 2 days in a row in the same zone, on Ramuh AND Unicorn servers, but you think they would listen to me if I told them? No, cuz I dont feel like repeating myself 10 times before they hear me and tell me I am wrong anyways!

Quote Originally Posted by McGoonagle View Post
    If you have 12 zones it can pop in, then there is a 1/12 chance it will pop in one zone on any given day if it is truly random. The chance of it popping in the same zone twice in two consecutive days is 1/144, or about twice a year. That means that there is a 143/144 chance that it will not pop in the same zone on two consecutive days.
    your math is incorrect. it would be the correct figure if you were tracking it popping in the same zone 3 days in a row or in a specific zone 2 days in a row. since sandworm spawned in SOME zone on the prior day, the odds (assuming there is no preference for a different zone) of it spawning again in that zone are 1/12 the next day.

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Just in case people misinterpret this, the chance of Sandworm not popping in two specified zones is also 143/144. In other words, I could say Rolan-Rolan or Rolan-East Ron and still come up with the same 143/144 chance of it not popping in two *specified* zones.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

On Garuda we had a stretch where it popped in Rolanberry 3 days in a row.

VERY unlikely, as was said before, but still it is completely random.

Obviously my answer to your question is yes, it can pop in the same zone two days in a row.

All of these answers prior are basically "I haven't personally seen it, so no, it can't" which is retarded.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Gurubashi

Math for to prove that this shit can indeed pop in the same zone twice. Jesus I love BG.

@risk: I did say my opinion didn't mean shit at the end of my statement. Please be gentle

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by ZhiGaruda View Post

Obviously my answer to your question is yes, it can pop in the same zone two days in a row.

All of these answers prior are basically "I haven't personally seen it, so no, it can't" which is retarded.
    Question answered. Thread may be closed.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Gurubashi

More impressed over the fact that in 12 posts, no one's directed OP towards the random question thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkstaruk View Post
    I've seen it pop in Sauromugue Champaign [S] twice in a row, so yes it can
    Are you sure that it didn't pop early, depop, then later repop in Sauro? Or was it back when Sandworm could flat out be killed twice in the same day?

First off, since when does Sandworm have 12 zones? Last I heard it was 7. Second off, as people already said, your math is way off. There is a 1/7 chance for it to pop in the same zone, meaning it should be happening 50 times a year if it was able.

Quote Originally Posted by ZhiGaruda View Post

Same thing I said above, are you sure it didn't depop in 1 zone, then repop there later, OR was it back when it could be fought twice in 1 day anyway, which has since been changed?

In general - Sandworm used to be bugged, we all know this. There may even be bugs still related to it. Past that, a lot of shells have subpar scanners, or miss the first hour that it's open (and afaik, there's still debate on exactly what Sandworm's window is...).

If people are 100% sure it can pop in the same zone 2 days in a row, then you are also saying that Sandworm does not have an equal chance to pop in all zones. As long as you are fine with that statement, I can't really argue, but I'm much more inclined to lean towards the idea that either a: It depopped/repopped, or b: it occurred when Sandworm could pop 2 times in a day (even if you missed 1). If Sandworm just ignored the day it popped in previously, you'd see him popping in the same zone back-to-back roughly once per week.

Quote Originally Posted by FailureMidgard View Post
    If Sandworm just ignored the day it popped in previously, you'd see him popping in the same zone back-to-back roughly once per week.
    This. The fact that ANYONE who's camped it for any amount of time hasn't seen it is evidence enough to the contrary that I would side with them before Zhi, no matter how much I love him.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by FailureMidgard View Post
    Are you sure that it didn't pop early, depop, then later repop in Sauro?
    Possibly, if i remember correctly it was an early morning SW and a late pop so the scanner could have fallen asleep I guess

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sean Kipling
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

I camped Sandworm every day when it was new, and it popped twice in certain zones but now that it's fixed I haven't ever seen it do that since. If it ever "repopped" in the zone I just attributed it to someone failing to notice it in some far off corner (The bottom of West Saru etc.)

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Hydraxis

So I am out scanning SW, and I see blank lines in the wide scan menu. So i track it and see this:
    http://i45.tinypic.com/2mm5wuf.png
    GM's playing NPC's now?

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

HUGE picture

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast