Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Za'Dha Adamantking error     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Za'Dha Adamantking error

I wasn't sure if this was even advanced worthy, lol.

I know I know, this NM is lol, and I don't expect anyone to care.

Okay so, I recently got RDM75 and I thought I would spend some time
    camping this and try to get club for potency setup (with Muse Tarique)
    when I don't need the M.acc.

I've been playing since NA launch and even though GMs claim mobs
    don't have spawn patterns and don't have to spawn at any time,
    the majority of the community knows NMs for the most part, have certain
    spawn conditions they fall under.

Well, this NM is fucked up.

Normal spawn conditions fall under a lotto pop of the Diamond Quadav
    which spawns once every 21-24 hours. Also has 30 minute windows.

Now, everyone knows, Zilart kings and Beastmen gods have 30minute windows.

So for the month of September I had been going down there and camping and
    the Diamond would just randomly not spawn at all in the 21-24hr period.

I would come back later, usually 5-7 hrs later and find it randomly up.

I thought okay lol, I'm just not writing down the times right and prolly
    not paying attention.

I became more persistent in camping because I figured, what are the odds
    of all the time I've been playing and camping mobs, that this one single mob
    that I'm camping just happens to be in fact, glitched.

Well the Diamond is in fact, for the majority of the spawns in September,
    not spawning in a 21-24 time frame. There were a few occasions it did.
    A few it did spawn but outside a 30 minute window (not by a few secs, minutes.
    use game clock and etc to time it) but for the most part, it just doesn't pop.

So after 3 weeks of this and not a single Za'dha spawn in that time frame,
    I called gamemaster who gave me the usual BS.

She mentioned it might be helpful to mention this on forums. Said everything
    from no mob has an exact spawn pattern to, spawn conditions of mobs
    could have been changed w/o the player base knowing.

I am currently on alexander so maybe it is just this server.

Has anyone experienced similar issues with this mob recently?

I'm not imagining this or not paying attention, this mob is fucked up.

It's really weird because never seen a 21-24hr NM actually act this way.

Sure, weather NMs can take forever even after the window or
    you can write down wrong tod or just not be paying attention but
    never have I personally really witnessed a NM with this type of spawn
    condition just 100% refuse to spawn or work as normally expected.

Anyways I think its a glitch or error but if I somehow have mistaken
    the spawn conditions or they have changed as the GM suggested (lol...)
    can anyone fill me in? Thx

Last year, if Tzee Xicu was due to pop nothing would pop on some servers and Yagudo Avatar would pop at the next japanese midnight(when pops reset). It's possible this is a similar glitch, do you know if the mistimed pops occured after a japanese midnight passed?

Quote Originally Posted by Thorny View Post
    Last year, if Tzee Xicu was due to pop nothing would pop on some servers and Yagudo Avatar would pop at the next japanese midnight(when pops reset). It's possible this is a similar glitch, do you know if the mistimed pops occured after a japanese midnight passed?
    I don't know for sure. I know that the 2 recent spawns, it was due between
    2-5pm est but didnt spawn but was up around 11pm est when Got home from work.

Didnt spawn between 8-11pm est the next day, so said fuck it, went to bed.
    Its up now and was there around 1pm est when I logged in.

Really weird.

I actually felt dumber after I talked to the GM.... lol

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Thorny View Post
    It was a little more weird than that. Tzee would pop, but you couldn't see her. Using a program to see dead bodies/hidden npc's w/e, you could see Tzee running around up top, but could not act on it.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I'm copying this from an Alla post my friend did a couple weeks ago when we went to camp Adamantking. It started to become a "let's camp and kill it out of spite now" thing. Anyway's, here's the copy-pasta.

Does anyone have any information regarding the spawn conditions on the above NM/HNM? It seems that the 21-24 hour spawn condition is flawed.

1st day: Diamond was up (killed PH)
    2nd day: Diamond was up (came to QD between 21-24 hour window, killed it)
    3rd day: missed it.
    4th day: Diamond was up (close to the 21-24 window as 2nd night, killed it)
    5th day: Diamond was up (about 1-2 hours late of window, killed it)
    6th day: Diamond/ZA was not up, arrived @ 21 hour window, killed all turtles including Ruby and Adaman, didn't pop after 24 hour window, 2 hours past, still not up, about 8-10 hours after 24 hour window, it popped, killed it.
    7th day: Diamond was up, arrived about 45mins late of the first window, killed it.
    8th day: Diamond/ZA was not up, arrived @ 21 hour window, killed all turtles, including Ruby and Adaman, didn't pop after 24 hour window, more than 5 hours later, still not up.

I know, probably nobody camps this, but it is just weird that the thing would not pop when we arrived on time to camp it. We are just doing this for fun, but now we just want to kill the damn thing.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Midnightjade Eleven
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

We killed ZA a few times last month since a RDM friend wants the club. I was only present at one of the kills and was not the one killing PH or timing them.

The friend is currently on a business trip but is back in a few days. If you like, I can ask him when he returns.

Quote Originally Posted by Firedemon View Post
    I'm copying this from an Alla post my friend did a couple weeks ago when we went to camp Adamantking. It started to become a "let's camp and kill it out of spite now" thing. Anyway's, here's the copy-pasta.
    Yeah, talked with hubby and that kinda sounds familiar.

Thanks! Least I know now it's not all in my head.

I wish I coulda screenshotted the shit the GM said to me.

Woulda brought the Lols to this thread.

S N K
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I originally made a post a long time about about Tzee Xicu the Manifest doing the same damn thing which it has and still does. These mob's are either glitched or follow a totally different pop pattern then Orc god.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Maybe its just glitched on certain servers because I camped both Tzee and Za'Dha for MONTHS a few years back on Midgardsormr and they always popped on the regular window times barring a maintenance.

when we camped this a few weeks back now, it used to pop during the windows we expected, so either the glitch-presence varies from server to server or it only became glitched recently (but from other posts id say its been like that for ages...?)

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

When I had a three man group for NM's like this one, manifest, overlord, bune, cassie, and ZNM's, we made LOOT. And in all my time camping all of them, I never had a problem. On gilgamesh. They popped everytime at the thirty minute windows. One interesting thing though, is that when we killed zha'da once on a day 2, and it popped on day 2, two more times in a row and had the same drops all three times (club cloth). however the most interesting part was, the first time, we were repeatedly the target of mpks from a group of RMT's running around and bringing all four of the nms to us at the front zone which is where we fought it. A GM popped up after we called and brought them all to jail because they persisted even with the GM there. He said "I hope your rewards are great" or whatever, and it dropped. When I get a power supply for my ffxi computer I can show the screenshots if no one believes me lol

Sadly enough, that's actually possible.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Darkrift View Post
    Maybe since WOTG came out it has altered there pop conditions? Like if you kill them in the past it alters how often it pops (if it pops) in the future?
    That'd be omgwow gay, which means it's probably right.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

If this helps at all (and I appreciate it probably doesn't) he was up within the last few months (ie. since the release of the WotG expansion) on Midgardsormr because I was down there trying to farm a Scroll of Water IV for my BLM off the Sapphire Quadavs. I hadn't been killing any of the PH's etc previously, so I couldn't tell you anything about the conditions he popped under. Simply that he definitely does still spawn in relation to WotG.

Haven't been down there since the release of the mini-expansions though, so not ruling that out...

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Midnightjade Eleven
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Bukadan View Post
    When I had a three man group for NM's like this one, manifest, overlord, bune, cassie, and ZNM's, we made LOOT.
    Recently I've been at a bunch of kills of some of these guys, and honestly not one of them has dropped anything worth a damn. Cassie, Adamantking, Xolotl, best drop from any of them has been a Philosopher's Stone (10k at AH). >.<

I guess it's just luck but mine has been very bad.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

This shit still broken... 15 days of nq... and like 4 days it had a 30+ hours pop

My theory is that every time the quad doesnt pops at the 21-24 hours time... it resets as if u killed the mega boss the day before..

Unless there's something new i missed this is still broken

Oh and when i asked the gm all i got was...

"The NM's likes to surprise people"

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

From the wiki, SE 2008 interview:

"It would be an awkward situation if monsters in the present world were to become extinct as the result of events in the past. However, this may not necessarily be negative. If the players do ‘something’ in the past world, there could be positive consequences in the present one. For example, if the players were to save a Pixie in the past, Pixies would exist in the present. For the time being though, there aren’t many cases of this."

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

From Wikipedia, Cheese:

Cheese is a generic term for a diverse group of milk-based food products. Cheese is produced throughout the world in wide-ranging flavors, textures, and forms.

Cheese consists of proteins and fat from milk, usually the milk of cows, buffalo, goats, or sheep. It is produced by coagulation of the milk protein casein. Typically, the milk is acidified and addition of the enzyme rennet causes coagulation. The solids are separated and pressed into final form.[1] Some cheeses have molds on the rind or throughout. Most cheeses melt at cooking temperature.

Spoiler: show
    Oh look, I can post completely random, unrelated things, too! This is fun.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

I think you missed his point completely. He's suggesting that campaign could be what's causing these NMs to not pop - which is something I find hard to believe personally, but the quote gives SE a "we don't have to look into this, working as intended" excuse.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Dooom View Post
    I think you missed his point completely. He's suggesting that campaign could be what's causing these NMs to not pop - which is something I find hard to believe personally, but the quote gives SE a "we don't have to look into this, working as intended" excuse.
    I'm aware of what his point was, but since the NM was introduced in 2005 or earlier, WotG obviously won't have anything to do with its spawning.
    Just because mobs have similar names and are supposed to represent the same thing, they'll still be two completely different mobs in different zones, and won't be linked at all.

Those 3 Beastment King NMs have always acted funky.