Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Smallest amount of people for Jailers?

Yeah I know, lolSea, but I'm looking for activities for my itty bitty "HNMLS" to do, and was wondering how many people and what types of jobs you guys think would be minimum for tier 1 jailers. We're just looking for maybe torques and weapons since I know we won't be able to progress to tier 2 for a long while. It's tough building from the ground up when people would rather go to established groups (and be last on a million person long list to get stuff, but that's another argument).

Jobs we have now include:
    3xMNK
    WAR or SMN
    NIN or DRK
    RDM or WHM
    WHM
    BLM

Jobs we're dragging through CoP:
    PLD
    PLD or DRK
    WAR or RDM

I'm assuming "get more BLM" and "get more tanks" but I'd like to see other LS' small-group configurations for killing these before deciding on what to start hounding my friends to level. It takes a long time for us to get pop items so I'd rather get at least a realistic idea on what we need to kill the jailer before wasting pop items. Hearing that JoL was done with 18 is probably unrealistically getting my hopes up though.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

1 Drk.

But honestly, tier 1 jailers can be done with about 8~ people who aren't complete morons. Tier 2s, you need a bit more. Naimly Jailer of Prudence because, well... he's a rapefest. And Justice, just to handle the adds. Hope, you can go with a bit less, but he can still get nasty ever since they removed his state of retardation.

There's lots of strats out there, and info everywhere. But basically, 1 solid Ally can do anything in Sea barring AV.

Edit- Just saw the 1 BLM. Justice pretty much requires 4~ to handle Adds efficiently. Love as well.

You're fucked without them.

get more blm and get more tanks

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Most of the tier 1s are fairly easy to do with a small group.

You can do Faith with a party, Fortitude probably with a handful of blms and kiters. (might need a couple extra for the grahs, but basically if one is on you just kite till its not anymore)

Temperance is more annoying, I think we've done him with 11 or so. I guess people can probably kill him with less, but he just sucks.

The first couple of times fighting them you probably want larger groups till you get comfortable with it.

With your setup you won't have any problems with Temperance or Faith I bet. Fortitude might be kind of painful with only one blm. Melee damage on him is kinda low.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Dion
    get more blm and get more tanks
    I think they'll be fine on tanks with 1 nin and 2 plds. But yeah 1 blm for sea is asking for trouble.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Glick Wick
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

You only need 1-2 tanks for Sea. But for Justice you're going to need more than 1 BLM, unless you want to bring like 30 other people.

In my experience, the lowest we've done jailers with:

Temp: 8
    Faith: 6
    Fortitude: 6
    Hope: 11
    Justice: 14
    Prudence: 18

Prudence requires the largest amount as you really need to down one of him rather quickly, or things can get pretty messy.

I'd worry more about support jobs. You can do fine with 3 BLMs, but from the looks of it you only have 1 WHM unless your RDM goes WHM, in which case you only have 1 RDM unless your WAR goes RDM in which case your SMN would have to go WAR or you've got no WARs, etc. A LS with those jobs and the experience of having done them before could definitely kill all of the tier 1s save possibly 3-organ MNK, but would have difficulty popping a number of them including Temperance and Ix'aern DRG, and killing Fortitude will take a while with only 1 BLM and 1 SMN for damage. Add to this the fact that you don't have the experience of fighting them in the past, and you might be looking at some wasted pops (certain fights like Faith and Temperance can be death-fests if it's the first few times fighting them for you), but it should be fun; I say go for it.

Probably the easiest for your group to kill would be Ix'aerns DRK, DRG and Temperance if you research the fights in advance, although as I said it might be slow in popping the latter two unless you get lucky.

Cat

I'd just like to point out that prudances second mob can be kited rather easily.

All it takes is Wlegs, Nin AF boots or even Mazurka, which turns the second mob from shen into a baby kirin >_>.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sci Gauss
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Ix'MNK can be easily "Avesta'd" with just a couple mages. Getting it in position is the hardest part. You can even lose the other NMs if done correctly.

You could probably handle Ix'DRG using the portals as well.

Ix'DRK would probably drain you of MP before it stops reraising. Maybe with a lot of kiting... Really hard to say.

Fortitude would die of boredom with the kind of damage you have. I guess lots of Chi Blasting and Diabolos and some nuking you would eventually kill it. I wouldn't try until you got the rest of those people to sea though.

Temperance or Faith with one WHM is trouble. Especially Temperance. While in Blunt mode, it can spam Optic Induration, which petrifies and somewhat resets hate. So no matter what you do, if you stay alive long enough you'll probably get hate at some point. And Faith during Manafont loves to do a Breakga -> Quake II combo. It's cute.

With all those people you have no chance against the outside Jailers. /Maybe/ Jailer of Hope. Like other people said, Prudence is nasty, and you couldn't handle Justice's adds. And killing JoL with 18 people means at least 6 BLMs.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Oro Oro
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by MisterBob
    You only need 1-2 tanks for Sea. But for Justice you're going to need more than 1 BLM, unless you want to bring like 30 other people.

In my experience, the lowest we've done jailers with:

Temp: 8
    Faith: 6
    Fortitude: 6
    Hope: 11
    Justice: 14
    Prudence: 18

Prudence requires the largest amount as you really need to down one of him rather quickly, or things can get pretty messy.
    I'd say these numbers are very accurate.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Glick Wick
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Sci
    Ix'MNK can be easily "Avesta'd" with just a couple mages. Getting it in position is the hardest part. You can even lose the other NMs if done correctly.

You could probably handle Ix'DRG using the portals as well.

Ix'DRK would probably drain you of MP before it stops reraising. Maybe with a lot of kiting... Really hard to say.

Fortitude would die of boredom with the kind of damage you have. I guess lots of Chi Blasting and Diabolos and some nuking you would eventually kill it. I wouldn't try until you got the rest of those people to sea though.

Temperance or Faith with one WHM is trouble. Especially Temperance. While in Blunt mode, it can spam Optic Induration, which petrifies and somewhat resets hate. So no matter what you do, if you stay alive long enough you'll probably get hate at some point. And Faith during Manafont loves to do a Breakga -> Quake II combo. It's cute.

With all those people you have no chance against the outside Jailers. /Maybe/ Jailer of Hope. Like other people said, Prudence is nasty, and you couldn't handle Justice's adds. And killing JoL with 18 people means at least 6 BLMs.
    You only need one WHM for Faith. Just create a /pcmd leave macro and hit it whenever it looks like you'll get hit with breakga.

At JLo, breakga was hitting people not even on the hate list.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by aurik
    At JLo, breakga was hitting people not even on the hate list.
    Love behaves a bit differently and will hit anyone in AoE, hate list or no (like Nidhogg, KB, etc).

Jailer of Faith's breakga and spells do not hit out of alliance.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sci Gauss
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

You only need one WHM for Faith. Just create a /pcmd leave macro and hit it whenever it looks like you'll get hit with breakga.
    My LS needs at least 2 WHMs just to raise all the people who die to aggro running to the ??? for Faith when it pops.

And does this still work with the monster AoE changes a few months back? I suppose AoE abilities probably still hit everyone on the hate list, but spells only hit the targeted alliance like they used to. Sans certain HNMs where all spells hit everyone regardless of hate/alliance.

*edit
    Beat to the question, I type slow -_-

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

i would love to see this...

Also, has anyone even remotly recieved a drop from this dude ><
    everytime we kill this baka he drops nothing

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Karik

We receive drops the majority of the time when trading 2 or 3 organs. Either the deed or the cape. Only times we really had poor drop rates on anything was when we tested with 1 organ trade.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Glick Wick
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

My LS needs at least 2 WHMs just to raise all the people who die to aggro running to the ??? for Faith when it pops.
    Reraise Pins + Gorgets. Make them mandatory, don't leave home without them. If you are dumb enough to forget RR and you are dumb enough to die repeatedly on the way up, you deserve R1.

And does this still work with the monster AoE changes a few months back?
    Works on some abilities, and Faith's Breakga is one of them. But yes, JLo will hit people outside of ally with it. It seems that if mobs are considered to be high enough on the difficulty tier their AEs ignore these changes.

It's very doable, but you need to sac pull him to the Ebon Panel room if you plan on doing it.
    Stop popping him with 1 organ, and pop him with 3. 100% drop that way. 1 Organ is like 25% drop. If you sac pull the 3 Organ Ix'MNK it's just as easy as the 1 Organ. On the other hand, if you have 12+ people, you can just pull his 2 adds away from his spawn while the rest of the ally zergs him, and he'll die in 10 seconds.

Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

BG Level

you're 3 for 3 on annoying fucking posts that make me want to punch you in the face, gogogogo

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sci Gauss
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Reraise Pins + Gorgets. Make them mandatory, don't leave home without them. If you are dumb enough to forget RR and you are dumb enough to die repeatedly on the way up, you deserve R1.
    Well I was exageratting a bit >.> But it's usually pulling teeth to get people to do sea anyhow. Reraise is usually mandatory for fights, but forcing people to use it while just running around and attendance would dip even more.

I like sea just because it's not sky. Fighting the same Gods for 2 years gets a bit old.

Oh, and God spells always hit people outside the alliance with zero hate. I've seen afk people outside the alliance die to Genbu's poisonga ages ago. Haha. So probably the recent changes just did nothing to spells. I can't love them enough though, not getting slept by mandragoras while digging in the jungles just because I'm wearing a sniper's ring is <3

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Priran
    you're 3 for 3 on annoying fucking posts that make me want to punch you in the face, gogogogo
    BUT HIS SIGNATURE IS SO GOOD

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast