20. Boston College 10-3
    21. Oregon State 10-4
    22. TCU 11-2
    23. Georgia 9-4
    24. Penn State 9-4
    25. Tennessee 9-4

Ok WTF on a few things here.

Kinda borrowed from ESPN message board

#1 Ohio State gets embarassed by #2 Florida and they switch places.
    #3 Michigan gets equally embarassed by #8 USC, yet the Wolverines fall 5 spots and the Trojans pick up three.
    #4 LSU beats Notre Dame and goes up one spot to #3.
    #5 Louisville manhandles #15 Wake Forest and they drop a spot. So winning is losing. Got it.
    #6 Wisconsin edges #12 Arkansas and they lose a spot. Winning is still losing I guess.
    #7 Oklahoma loses to # 9 Boise State by 1 point using trick plays in OT. Oklahoma drops 4 spots to #11 and Boise State gains 4 spots to #5.
    #10 Auburn eeks out a win over #22 Nebraska and they go UP one? Wow. That makes sense. Louisville pounds #15 and drops. Wisconsin beats #12 and drops. But Auburn puts a late field goal up against #22 and they go UP?
    # 13 West Virginia beats unranked Georgia Tech and goes UP 3.

Aaaannnd in the USA Today poll they have Tenn ranked #23 and PSU #25, reguardless of the fact that PSU beat Tenn in their bowl game.

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

Hey, Wisconsin beat two ranked teams now!

(Arkansas and Penn State)

Good thing there is still 2 2-loss teams and a mid-major team ahead of them in the final poll. GG winning your bowl game and dropping in the polls. Fuck USC.

Boise State and USC both jumping both Louisville and Wisconsin is crap.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Re: Final top 25 CFB polls out

Quote Originally Posted by Gregorio

#3 Michigan gets equally embarassed by #8 USC, yet the Wolverines fall 5 spots and the Trojans pick up three.
    #5 Louisville manhandles #15 Wake Forest and they drop a spot. So winning is losing. Got it.
    #6 Wisconsin edges #12 Arkansas and they lose a spot. Winning is still losing I guess.
    #7 Oklahoma loses to # 9 Boise State by 1 point using trick plays in OT. Oklahoma drops 4 spots to #11 and Boise State gains 4 spots to #5.
    #10 Auburn eeks out a win over #22 Nebraska and they go UP one? Wow. That makes sense. Louisville pounds #15 and drops. Wisconsin beats #12 and drops. But Auburn puts a late field goal up against #22 and they go UP?

Aaaannnd in the USA Today poll they have Tenn ranked #23 and PSU #25, reguardless of the fact that PSU beat Tenn in their bowl game.
    -Yes
    -Makes sense
    -As they should
    -They beat a shitty team, and teams around them performed well enough to advance. Yes.
    -Again, they beat a nobody whereas people around them beat a top10.
    -Yes
    -10vs22 is alot different then 5vs15. Whats hard to understand.
    -Again, once youre out of the top 10.. it doesnt matter who you beat. It matters how you perform.

Whats the problem?

Cake Mix

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Gregorio
    AP:

-Sounds fine.
    -A lot of overrated teams, but seems right.
    -I think they should've jumped Ohio State at least, but #3 is okay.
    -Wake Forest played well all year, but didn't play much of anyone with Florida State playing weak this year, and when they lost, they were a couple bad losses. Virginia Tech was a good team however as well even with the loss to Georgia.. which was bad :/
    -Wisconsin really beat no one during the season other than Arkansas who played good all year other than losses to LSU, Florida, Wisconsin and USC and beating Penn State who definitely wasn't the team they were last year. Therefore, with Wisconsin being #6 Wisconsin should have played better against #12 Arkansas who was the weaker team of the day while a few times behind them won. Makes sense I guess. At least Wisconsin didn't fall behind Michigan or anything.
    -Auburn was overrated as well, not as heavily as Michigan and Notre Dame granted, but still.. with horrid losses to Georgia and Arkansas with bad QB play, this win over a tough Nebraska team was hard-earned and even only winning by 3, their defense impressed enough with the pollsters in the 2nd half I guess.
    -West Virginia put on a show once they got started. Big comeback. Jumping 3 spots to me may be a bit much, but considering who Rutgers and Texas beat (crap teams), and Oklahoma losing, them jumping 3 spots is understood.

-Tennessee dropped, Penn State got ranked.. what's the big deal? They were unranked and Tennessee was 19th.. big ups/drops for both. -Shrugs- Just the way I see it..

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

-Yes
    -Makes sense
    -As they should
    -They beat a shitty team, and teams around them performed well enough to advance. Yes.
    -Again, they beat a nobody whereas people around them beat a top10.
    -Yes
    -10vs22 is alot different then 5vs15. Whats hard to understand.
    -Again, once youre out of the top 10.. it doesnt matter who you beat. It matters how you perform.

Whats the problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by Akiyama
    -Sounds fine.
    -A lot of overrated teams, but seems right.
    -I think they should've jumped Ohio State at least, but #3 is okay.
    -Wake Forest played well all year, but didn't play much of anyone with Florida State playing weak this year, and when they lost, they were a couple bad losses. Virginia Tech was a good team however as well even with the loss to Georgia.. which was bad :/
    -Wisconsin really beat no one during the season other than Arkansas who played good all year other than losses to LSU, Florida, Wisconsin and USC and beating Penn State who definitely wasn't the team they were last year. Therefore, with Wisconsin being #6 Wisconsin should have played better against #12 Arkansas who was the weaker team of the day while a few times behind them won. Makes sense I guess. At least Wisconsin didn't fall behind Michigan or anything.
    -Auburn was overrated as well, not as heavily as Michigan and Notre Dame granted, but still.. with horrid losses to Georgia and Arkansas with bad QB play, this win over a tough Nebraska team was hard-earned and even only winning by 3, their defense impressed enough with the pollsters in the 2nd half I guess.
    -West Virginia put on a show once they got started. Big comeback. Jumping 3 spots to me may be a bit much, but considering who Rutgers and Texas beat (crap teams), and Oklahoma losing, them jumping 3 spots is understood.

-Tennessee dropped, Penn State got ranked.. what's the big deal? They were unranked and Tennessee was 19th.. big ups/drops for both. -Shrugs- Just the way I see it..

I just feel this poll is pretty inconsistant.

-OSU gets raped and drops 1 spot, while Michigan was equally embarassed and dropped 5. Should OSU have dropped more than 1 spot? IMO Yes.

-I think I was actually wrong when I mentioned the Wiscy part, was looking at 2 different polls or something. In the AP, Wiscy dropped 2 spots for winning, Louisville remained the same (kinda jumping Wiscy)

-LSU beat an overrated team and moved up one which I don't have a problem with, but Wisconsin did the same and dropped 2 spots. The Wisconsin win was close, but Arkansas was still the #2 team in the SEC conference standings. 10 vs 22 is a lot different than 5 vs 13, but in the opposite way you're trying to say it is. The #13 team was the #2 team in the SEC and played the current national champion pretty darn close. Auburn wins in similar fashion vs a team they should have taken care of and moves up while Wiscy is dropped.

-At the same time, Boise (yes undefeated...but still a weak schedule which is why they were ranked 9 to begin with) beats a closely ranked opponent by 1 point and jumps 4 spots. Their win was hella entertaining, but wasn't in dominant fashion as to justify jumping teams that won in close games also.

-WVU struggles to beat an unranked GT who's missing their starting QB, and also moves up 3 spots doesn't make a lot of sense to me. Hell, if the pollsters think Boise is so impressive as to jump 4 spots (and even get a vote for #1) and they only beat Oklahoma by 1, why should Oklahoma drop like they did and WVU jump them?

My main problem with the AP poll is it's inconsistancy.

And I think the AP poll actually got the PSU/Tenn ranks right...PSU 24 Tenn 25. The Coaches/USA Today got it wrong IMO. Yeah it was a big drop for Tenn (but not a huge gain for PSU, they had been close to getting in the top 25 most of the season), but Tenn and PSU still have similar schedules. All their losses to top teams, but PSU has the edge in the bowl game head to head. But I don't understand how a team with a similar schedule/record could beat another in a bowl game and end up ranked lower than them.

Cake Mix

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Uh.. Michigans loss to USC wasn't the same as Ohio States to Florida. USC beat Michigan 32-18 (14 points.. dominated most of the game).. Florida beat Ohio State 41-14.. (27 points..dominated all but 16 seconds of the game..) so that logic doesn't stand. Florida came in the huge underdog and went the champ without doubters.. so no, Michigan was overrated all year and finally got exposed. Just like Notre Dame was overrated all year and was exposed as well.. THREE TIMES. Auburn was overrated.. and it's hard for me to say it because I'm an AU fan, but it's true. Their QB play is horrible, though Cox played surprisingly well against a stout Nebraska defense.

Anyway, the AP poll doesn't get it all right all the time, there are a few questionable things, but it's better than letting all fans decide stuff, haha.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Uh.. Michigans loss to USC wasn't the same as Ohio States to Florida. USC beat Michigan 32-18 (14 points.. dominated most of the game).. Florida beat Ohio State 41-14.. (27 points..dominated all but 16 seconds of the game..) so that logic doesn't stand. Florida came in the huge underdog and went the champ without doubters.. so no, Michigan was overrated all year and finally got exposed. Just like Notre Dame was overrated all year and was exposed as well.. THREE TIMES. Auburn was overrated.. and it's hard for me to say it because I'm an AU fan, but it's true. Their QB play is horrible, though Cox played surprisingly well against a stout Nebraska defense.

Anyway, the AP poll doesn't get it all right all the time, there are a few questionable things, but it's better than letting all fans decide stuff, haha.
    One of Michigans touchdowns was a garbage time one, and USC pulled its starters too. I think Michigans loss was even worse considering they were also supposed to roll over a 2 loss USC team. Since Michigan was exposed, and OSUs biggest win was in a very close game over Michigan, doesn't that possibly make OSU overrated too? I'm not doubting their #1 rank through the year since they were undefeated and you can't see the end ahead of time, but it seems now they were overrated. Both teams were embarassed by the underdogs, completely outplayed in all aspects of the game...I think the losses were similar.

And Auburn may have been overrated, but they still beat Florida, so they at least deserved part of where they were ranked, and even deserved moving up one spot with their win. My problem was that they moved up while Wisconsin dropped 2 spots and the wins were also pretty similar.

Yeah no poll gets it right all the time. But since the AP is a poll that somehow gets to determine the National Champ they should have a little more credibility than to be so inconsistant.

Vygun

Ohio state was ranked number 1 the entire regular season. I think it makes perfect sense they stay number 2 regardless of getting totally owned.

edit because I got time:
    Yes defensive schemes for OSU in the title game were pretty fucked up until the 2nd half when it got slightly better only to get even more worse.

As for the OSU offense. When they said Ginn wasn't coming back I more or less had a feeling the game was over. OSU has a 3 dimensional offense. Running Game, Passing game and Ted Ginn. You take out ted ginn who is always kept in check on the field the whole game changes. No he doesn't have the yards or catches in all the games, but hes always kept in check and in turn opens things up for other receivers. When Ginn was taken out this really allowed Florida to do pretty much whatever they want. I am not a could of or would of kinda person. OSU got beat. Not saying if Ted Ginn didn't get hurt they would have won. I am saying the game would of been totally different if he had been in there. Gators were just unstoppable it seemed.

Anyway back to my main point. A team who dominated most of its games all season long regardless of the loloverrated conference still deserves number 2 at the very least(keep in mind they wore the number 1 target the entire regular season and defended it well until the tough break on their 1st snap of the championship). OSU not as bad as they look, but without Ginn they are just like any other offense in college football and aren't unstoppable.

edited last paragraph too explain what I was getting at.

Cake Mix

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

I agree with the Auburn deserving a little of what they got and how they beat Florida, but remember that controversial play deep in Auburn's territory where the incomplete pass was called a fumble and AU got the ball? Even with me being an AU fan, I still think that was a damn bad call just like the Oregon State/Oklahoma game.. but mistakes will be made. That was the turning point of the game. We then get the blocked punt on Florida turn TD, an AU field goal, and then a last touch down at the end of the game.

Either way Auburn was good this year, but weren't anywhere near as great as 04-05 where I believe they were robbed

Someone actually voted Boise State #1?

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Vygun
    Anyway back to my main point. A team who dominated most of its games all season long regardless of the loloverrated conference still deserves number 2 at the very least. OSU not as bad as they look, but without Ginn they are just like any other offense in college football and aren't unstoppable.
    Yes. Sorry LSU, but you're not number two heh.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Bah WVU made the top ten, that makes me happy.

I still think though they need a play off instead of voting to define the national champ. That way it's based purely on performance and school not on voting. I think Boise St. would still have done well.

Posting from Gainesville, you guys have no idea how crazy it was here last night. After midnight you could barely walk across the street downtown or down a sidewalk in midtown.

GO GATORS!!!

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I still think that was a damn bad call just like the Oregon State/Oklahoma game....
    It was the Oregon-Oklahoma game, Oregon State had nothing to do with it. It may not mean much to others, but it sure as hell annoys Oregonians...

Btw, Oregon State #21! Woot!