Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: New Locations for Bazaars     submit to reddit submit to twitter

New Locations for Bazaars

Hi All,

Now that SE is 'encouraging' us to relocate from Port Jeuno, I'd like to open up a discussion on possible options in terms of where to move bazaars to. Here's a quote from the official forum:

Originally Posted by Camate
    Due to the fact that Port Jeuno congestion has not been completely erased since the implementation of the /yell feature, we will be looking into the implementation of the below:

* Re-installment of bazaar taxes
    * Temporary suspension of the auction house
    *Both are limited to Port Jeuno.
    The goal of this topic would be to discuss each option's pros and cons and then try to lock in the best solution. Depending upon the topic's productivity, I'm thinking we can add a poll after a few days of discussion and then players can vote on their preferred location. Then during the bazaar migration, players can encourage the new most popular location by sharing it with friends, LS mates, actually bazaaring there, shouting, etc.

A few options -

Lower Jeuno
    Upper Jeuno
    Ru'Lude Gardens
    Batallia
    Rolanberry

I'll start it out with some of my experiences.

In the past, I know servers have done it differently and I've personally experienced a few different ways "pre-abyssea". I've been on both Odin and Lakshmi. Odin really had a great thing going along the sides of the main street in Upper Jeuno. Lakshmi on the other hand used Rolanberry ("Rolanmart"), which I found to be pretty bad compared to the Upper Jeuno market I was used to. Rolanberry was much farther away, very disorganized, and honestly just a headache to navigate compared to Upper Jeuno. The Odin bazaar market felt literally like just that - a market. Players would line up along each side of the main street in Upper Jeuno (just after the guide stone), leaving the center open for traffic. When I shopped, I would begin at one side, work my way down, and then go back up the other side and I was done and just a short walk from my Mog house.

Please share your experiences too and please try to be open minded all. I understand many people disagree with SE's changes, but let's please try to go with it and please keep this thread on topic.

Thanks,
    Ray

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

At first, you say that we need to move bazaars out of port jeuno, and then you say that no one even uses port jeuno for bazaars in the first place.

Unless you're in a really retarded server, I highly doubt anyone uses port jeuno as a bazaaring zone. Which makes this topic rather pointless. I will agree that odin's upper jeuno style is pretty nice, and that rolan/sauro/batallia bazaars were retarded.

edit: Just read you said people used to do that. I don't recall them ever stopping. Upper jeuno is still the bazaar area on odin, pre, during, and post abyssea.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by ArwynOfOdin View Post
    Hi All,

Now that SE is forcing us to relocate from Port Jeuno,
    did i miss something? unless something changed from 11:30pm last night until now, people were still bazaaring in PJ on siren

The topic would only apply to servers that have started to bazaar in Port Jeuno (which doesn't seem to be all of them). I understand Odin still uses Upper Jeuno. When I refer to it in the past tense, I just mean since I've migrated to Lakshmi.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

On Cerberus, everyone AFK/bazaars in Port Jeuno. Sometimes it takes 5 minutes for a character to load on my screen while shopping. My blacklist is filled with the names of the retarded people who do nothing but jibber-jabber in Port Jeuno to feign popularity...

When I played on Valefor, Ru'Lude Gardens was the main hub of all AFK/bazaar activity. However, that was really at the height of ToAU when the Warp Moogle would drop you right into the middle of all bazaars when you paid for a warp to Jeuno.

I would probably prefer Upper Jeuno since nowadays my main mode of returning to Jeuno is by Duchy earring.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

The only reason people ever used to bazaar in Rolanberry is because Jeuno bazaars were once taxed, and areas around Jeuno were still the most central location. It wasn't until the taxes were lifted that bazaars moved in-town on any server with a population that had half a brain. Port Jeuno is an idiotic choice because it's full to the brim all the time, so different characters load every few steps. I don't know what this topic is about anyway, but past that it doesn't even matter. Upper Jeuno, Ru'Lude Gardens, who cares? This thread isn't going to change the tide of where people put up their stock.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Yeah, you can knock out any area outside of Jeuno. Arguments that I see for the rest are as follows:
    Lower : It's closest to Port.
    Upper : The Gateway to ToAU
    Ru'Lude : Damn those moogles!

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by crux View Post
    The only reason people ever used to bazaar in Rolanberry is because Jeuno bazaars were once taxed, and areas around Jeuno were still the most central location. It wasn't until the taxes were lifted that bazaars moved in-town on any server with a population that had half a brain. Port Jeuno is an idiotic choice because it's full to the brim all the time, so different characters load every few steps. I don't know what this topic is about anyway, but past that it doesn't even matter. Upper Jeuno, Ru'Lude Gardens, who cares? This thread isn't going to change the tide of where people put up their stock.
    Hmm, so if I want to sell stuff I shouldn't go to where the majority of players are....

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

double trouble

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Oh wow, I wasn't aware all these servers were still so back waters as to not have a centralized bazaaring area away from all of the people idling. The more you know.

I guess it probably has something to do with the fact that odin has so many fucking people, that if people bazaar'd in port jeuno, it would probably pass the 700 person limit per zone. -_-

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I want a reverse bazaar. Fuck searching thru all these things that take forever to load

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

What is "backwater" about bazaaring where the majority of people are? I genuinely don't get it. If I have stuff to sell, I put it where the people are, not where they aren't! I get what you are saying about having a ton of people in the zone, but, whatever? People on Siren do Bazaar in lower and upper, but it's very few. Even if they all moved, I'd still probably keep my bazaar by the guide stone in PJ as that's where the heaviest traffic is.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

They need to remove taxes from the Choco Circuit, its the only use that stupid zone has.

THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shiroe Blackrose
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Mikus View Post
    Hmm, so if I want to sell stuff I shouldn't go to where the majority of players are....
    Because when I want to go shop for something, I want to spend my time in a major event/travel hub with the pitfall of PS2 engine limitations, where not all bazaars are going to load (or take forever to load).

Carbuncle (up until the merge) had their bazaar in Upper Jeuno. It did just fine there, since up until then UJ was the least utilized of the four zones.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

You know what would make finding items in overcrowded bazaars easy? Having some way to make a comment listing what you're selling and maybe where you're located in the zone you're in.

Owait.

Why does no one use search comments when they are bazaaring shit? It's so annoying, there have to be hundreds of people bazaaring at any given time (many of them totally afk and doing nothing but bazaaring) and yet only maybe 10 people have WTS search comments up. It's so much easier to scroll through a list of comments than it is to check people one-by-one. I realize there's only so much you can fit in a comment, but most people aren't selling a whole slew of goods (and they don't list anything at all anyway).

xXNyteFyreXx420Sharingan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Chocobo Circuit. Easy access from the home nations as well as Jeuno but otherwise relatively low-traffic, so no issues with congestion.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Mikus View Post
    What is "backwater" about bazaaring where the majority of people are? I genuinely don't get it. If I have stuff to sell, I put it where the people are, not where they aren't! I get what you are saying about having a ton of people in the zone, but, whatever? People on Siren do Bazaar in lower and upper, but it's very few. Even if they all moved, I'd still probably keep my bazaar by the guide stone in PJ as that's where the heaviest traffic is.
    Elitism rarely makes sense to everyone else. Over here most of it is in PJ but you get a handful in all 4 jueno areas. Hell even in PJ they spread out some. Though I really don't get the ones that stay at the ah lol

THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shiroe Blackrose
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

I think the only time I have ever seen search comments used for bazaars is if Dynamis currency is involved, or someone was trying to sell off a hot item that they just made (eg. Haubergeon +1 back in the day). Otherwise it's a roll of the dice every time you check. And some bazaars have the most random crap ever in them.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Some servers do Bazaar in Port Jeuno, Siren for example had them scattered all over the place in PJ but mainly focused around the Guide Stone. It was retarded because with so many people being in the zone and so spread out it took forever for people with bazaar's to load up. Asura has their bazaar's in Rulude outside the palace, this was convenient because of the nearby AH, Abyssea NPC's and Magian Moogles.
    I agree with Odin's Upper Jeuno bazaars being good, plenty of space for people to spread out along the main street.
    Never really liked the outside bazaar zones, even though there's a huge amount of space they were quite out of the way.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by The Blackrose View Post
    And some bazaars have the most random crap ever in them.
    When Unicorn first got merged with Fenrir there were a ridiculous number of people who had just a single Unicorn Horn in their bazaar for 99,999,999, as if it was some show of solidarity or something. Occupy Port Jeuno amirite? Made me want to punch babies every time I checked one of them.

On topic- I don't think the area really matters as long as the bazaars are settled in one location and not spread out in 5 different places. I'd have to think on servers where it was Port Jeuno before, it would just move to Lower Jeuno or Upper Jeuno.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast