BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread

Thread: [JOB]Bag     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

[JOB]Bag

Many players, including myself, are undoubtedly all feeling the inventory crunch. The ease with which jobs can be leveled now and the ever increasing amount of gear to collect has left players with important decisions about which gear to keep, use, sell, toss, store, or mule. Personally, I frequent 5 jobs and find myself struggling with swapping gear and keeping track of it - I can't fathom how people who regularly play more than that manage. Wouldn't it be convenient to have all of our gear for each job in one convenient place? Introducing the [JOB]Bag!

The [JOB]Bag allows you to make "copies" of items you currently have in your inventory (Safe, Satchel, Storage, Sack, & Locker) in place them into specified bags for each job. When that job is selected as your main job, you gain access to all of the gear you have placed in that bag. This way, you can carry all of the gear you need to have with you for all of your jobs without over-burdening yourself.

Some important other notes I've thought about:
    * Active items cannot be in your inventory (though I'm not sure how having 2 of an item would affect macros)
    * Changing jobs takes 30s so Bags can check storage systems to ensure items are still in inventory (though I'm sure programmers can come up with something faster than I can)

[JOB]Bag is a working title so don't get too hung up on the name.

Questions, comments, concerns, improvements?

Cheers!
    Longsnake

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

Porter Moogles.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Duping items !

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Porter Moogles only really help if you want the gear but won't be using it regularly. This is a solution to make gear immediately available to players who switch gear on a regular basis, and it helps reduce carried inventory clutter and time spent changing jobs and swapping gear.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

what are you doing where you need to have 7+ jobs all used on a regular basis?

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

Sounds more like you're just too lazy to use a system that's already pretty much fine.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Longsnake View Post
    * Changing jobs takes 30s so Bags can check storage systems to ensure items are still in inventory (though I'm sure programmers can come up with something faster than I can)

Questions, comments, concerns, improvements?

Cheers!
    Longsnake
    Are you trying to tell me you coded something to check for 80 items in 400 slots and that search took 30 seconds...? If so please share your code cause I'd love to know how it's possible for something like that to take 30 seconds.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

You do know that there is a program out already that does this, it will go bag to bag placing in every item you specify for the current main job, then un-load anything that you didnt have on your list.

If you just want more inventory spots available from your mog house im down for that too.

Also how does your idea handle gear you use on multiple jobs? ( Log earring epona's rajas loki's ect )

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

I thought Gearchanger is broken?

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Hold on hold on hold on, I'm still not in line with everyone here.

Are you making a third party plugin to do such tasks? Or is this just some idea to give to FFXI dev team?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

I think he's giving it to the FFXI dev team, kind of shocked this isn't locked lol

DEUS VULT
    FITE ME

BG Level
    Blog Entries

I'm trying to figure out wtf the OP is talking about. Is this a dev pitch? An advertisement for homebrew? A "hey guys wouldn't it be cool if we had this thing because this thing if it is actually a thing would be great because I had this awesome idea about a thing that I'm telling you about except really it's a dumb idea because it is not about how Isladar is so great and also the best and how she should get all the prizes."

OP, I'm going to lock this for now, but if you can PM me with a good proposal about why this thread should be about whatever it is the thing is that you're talking about (and if it is, indeed, actually a thing) and not a thread about how great I am (which is a much better idea for any kind of thread), I'd appreciate it.

p.s. Pie charts will help.