Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Aptant NM's.     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Aptant NM's.

Included is a google doc for the new NM's that drop Aptant for crafting the new Ebon, Ebur and Furia gear. I did this because the information about Synergy items and mobs is spread out all over creation and I also found some rather interesting trends in how the mobs seem to operate.

http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?k...JeE5TMlE&hl=en

A couple of things that I have noticed.

1) It appears that all of the NM's drop two different Aptants, even though they all might not have been discovered. Also it appears that no two NM's drop the same pair of Aptants.

2) It appears that all of the NM's either only use one TP move or only cast one or two spells (or maybe just from one school).

3) It appears that all of the NM's are immune to silence, bind, gravity and sleep and maybe stun.

4) It appears that all of the NM's are level 70+.

5) It appears that many (all?) have Additional Effects on their melee hits. These do not appear to 100% procs, and may vary by mob.

I am still missing some information, so if you could provide anything I am missing I would really appreciate it.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by ringthree View Post
    Included is a google doc for the new NM's that drop Aptant for crafting the new Ebon, Ebur and Furia gear. I did this because the information about Synergy items and mobs is spread out all over creation and I also found some rather interesting trends in how the mobs seem to operate.

http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?k...JeE5TMlE&hl=en

A couple of things that I have noticed.

1) It appears that all of the NM's drop two different Aptants, even though they all might not have been discovered. Also it appears that no two NM's drop the same pair of Aptants.

2) It appears that all of the NM's either only use one TP move or only cast one or two spells (or maybe just from one school).

3) It appears that all of the NM's are immune to silence, bind, gravity and sleep and maybe stun.

4) It appears that all of the NM's are level 70+.

5) It appears that many (all?) have Additional Effects on their melee hits. These do not appear to 100% procs, and may vary by mob.

I am still missing some information, so if you could provide anything I am missing I would really appreciate it.
    I dont know about black magic stun, but violent flourish works on all of the aptant NMs.

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

All aptant mobs are not immune to stun.

Frost Flambeau in Uleguerand is not immune to Head Butt, making his Blizzaga II spam controllable and the same goes for Warabouc in Vunkerl Inlet.

You're right when about the one spell school, TP moves and added effects but that pretty much carried over to any NM from last patch regardless of aptant dropping or not. (Fomors, Lyco Trio, Lyft NMs)

Some monsters do possess regain though, while others do not.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by ronin sparthos View Post
    All aptant mobs are not immune to stun.

Frost Flambeau in Uleguerand is not immune to Head Butt, making his Blizzaga II spam controllable and the same goes for Warabouc in Vunkerl Inlet.

You're right when about the one spell school, TP moves and added effects but that pretty much carried over to any NM from last patch regardless of aptant dropping or not. (Fomors, Lyco Trio, Lyft NMs)

Cool, thanks I will note that.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

All NMs have a crappy droprate 9/63 total on various NMs and it seems like drg/bst is the usual dont-want-high-droprate one but besides that I am not sure if some NMs have higher droprate for certain aptants.
    Well its nice though that there are 2 in few zones and noone really camps them.

Croque-mitane uses only anti-phase and seems to have movement speed+8%~ but maybe I just lagged because of the Campaign npcs.

Harvestman uses no tp-moves.

Nargun does not really like to climb stairs and tends to lose hate there <.<

You just got served THE CALLISTO SPECIAL
    SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by ronin sparthos View Post
    Do you know which do? I know a whole ton of the new NMs seem to have extremely high Store TP, but I don't know if I've seen one with straight up Regain.

Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Skvader didn't seem to be silencable and I'm pretty sure that Headbutt didn't work on it because originally one guy came up on BLU. I've killed Skvader on RDM and WHM with a melee and someone else.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Definately resists stun.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

For Laelaps add "Hits like a truck" to your list. I'd advise anyone that tries him to bring help and probably a pld/war. Attacks quick and does paralyze howl. Kicked the crap out of me blu/nin and 2 other people.

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

some of the Aptant NMs don't use any TP moves at all, and instead have a 2hour.

Sabotender Corrido for one.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by mightyg View Post
    For Laelaps add "Hits like a truck" to your list. I'd advise anyone that tries him to bring help and probably a pld/war. Attacks quick and does paralyze howl. Kicked the crap out of me blu/nin and 2 other people.
    Just dot and zone the dog, can be soloed that way.

Edit: Thought i would add more info on it, it has a hp regen too. Bio3 with 211dark skills and poison2 are able to beat it. Bio3 alone is not enough but it will reduce its regen noticeably. Not a high regen anyway.

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Oh also some of them have unique effects to their TP Attack

Croque-Mitaine (I think thats his name) has Hate Reset on his AoE Silence move (he's a Goobbue)