Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: ToAU AF2s speculation     submit to reddit submit to twitter

ToAU AF2s speculation

now that even Einherjar has passed, few choices seem left for toau relic armors. aside from the terrible occurence of crafted ones (i could not imagine how much BLU relic would be worth then), the denied Dyamis chance and some patch-fix, i could think of something BC related:

3 ISNMs, repetable like every 3 days or so
    they could be 6 ppl, no cap, with nice item drops and relic pieces dropping with diff %

vs BLUmaster (and some immortals maybe), for blu mage pieces
    vs Luzaf (and his Imp maybe), for corsair pieces
    vs Aphmau (or better the 2 automatons), for puppet pieces

it would be a nice chance to define these npcs better, including them and their fighting styles.
    Luzaf fight in Talacca Cove would be so evocative, too.

Sagacious Sundi

Re: ToAU AF2s speculation

How's abouts:
    Relic (NQ): Nyzul Isle

Behemoth: PUP?
    Adamantoise: COR?
    Fafnir: BLU?
    Hydra: BLU
    Cerberus: PUP
    Khimaira: COR

Floor 20: Lv71
    Floor 40: Lv72
    Floor 60: Lv73
    Floor 80: Lv74
    Floor 100: Lv75
    All of the above: Accessories

AF+1: Salvage
    Much like how there's Temenos and Apollyon materials, there would be "propulsion" (Zhay/Arra) and "suspension" (SS/Bhaf) materials (that's what those areas are called in cutscenes iirc). They would drop from the bosses and also:
    COR: Beastmen (Mamools, Trolls, Lamiae, Merrows, Fomors)
    PUP: Machines (Archaic/Gyroscopic Gear(s), Archaic/Reactionary Rampart)
    BLU: Other (Poroggo Gent, Psycheflayer, Heraldic Imp, Black Pudding, Devilet, Poroggo Madame, Qiqirn Astrologer, Qiqirn Treasure Hunter, Deadpan Devilet, Empathic Flan, Dekka)

I also posted an idea on relic +1/Einherjar in the tier 2 thread.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Assault ??? appraise rewards from newest assaults they will implement (unfortunately I could realy imagine that SE would do that )

Banned.

BG Level

I would hope it would remain Dynamis... very easy way to put it in Dynamis:

NPC: Hay! Remember when I made that Artifact armor for you? Well I got this new recipe that I would love to show off to you... but I can't find this very rare material! Rumors said it was used by the beastmen 20 years ago for the war!

Later, In Dynamis-Somewhere:

Vanguard Bastard drops "Super Special Silk".

Even laterer, In Whitegate:

NPC: Holy shit, you actually found "Super Special Silk". Okay, give me a few minutes and I'll make something.

JP Midnight:

NPC: Here you go, Marionette Taj! GRATS!

In CoP Dynamis, you find "Was once super special, but is kind of old now Silk", which makes Marionette Taj-1, which you upgrade at the same NPC as before.

A. Body
    BG Level

Think 'Strago' set for BLU AFv2 would be too obvious?

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

The TOAU area didn't particpate during the war so I can not see Dynamis tieing in with it unless they make a TOAU dynamis.

With the new expansion coming it may be implemented there if it does indeed tie in to the war somehow. If not they it would make sense to release it before the expansion in some TOAU related way?

Banned.

BG Level

The TOAU area didn't particpate during the war so I can not see Dynamis tieing in with it unless they make a TOAU dynamis.
    In my post, I point out a way they can tie it in.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

honestly, to make it fair they should just tack it on to dyna. They could easily think of something to explain why AU ppl were in the western lands; refugees, mercs etc.

Quote Originally Posted by BRP
    But why would these mobs all of a sudden start carrying these silks? D:

Banned.

BG Level

Because they're beastmen! They know shit we don't!

There has never been a Relic for BLU/PUP/COR... so you can make up any story and it'll work. Beastmen holding or having armor made of some material a NPC needs? Would work fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Jyakku
    Quote Originally Posted by BRP
    But why would these mobs all of a sudden start carrying these silks? D:
    because we need them to drop them so we can get our afv2 of course

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

BRP's solution is something I've suggested before in Linkshell chat. It makes the most sense and doesn't change the mechanism via which the new jobs obtain "relic" gear. Any solution that doesn't involve Dynamis would be unfair.

BG is my LJ
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lovely Nirokun
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

the gear will most likely be crafted with materials dropped from a ToAU event area, my guess would be einherjar drops implemented in a future update. i remember the npc who made my blu AF1 called it 'standard issue' or whatever, and someone else mentioned something similar about pup AF1. It wouldnt be Artifact armor per se, as much as it would be master (or whatever) sets for blu/pup/cor.

afaik af2 was armor worn by those involved in the war against the beastman, it was described in a vanadiel tribune about a taru thf with a mandau, describing the color of his armor as blue, not green. seeing as how the eastern empire turned a blind eye to what was happening outside its borders, there wouldnt be any af2 in zilart areas. Besides, if the empire were to send help, it would be in the form of blue mages, not puppetmasters or corsairs~ so it wouldnt make sense to have that armor there. SE has done a good job with making all the pieces fit together, and just throwing ToAU AF2 into zilart dynamis (or even CoP) wouldnt make a shred of sense with the existing storyline.

Maybe Kilusha will expand the synthesis items she offers in a coming update, items that would be required by the synthesis NPCs.

I have 3 pieces of af2 that I have no use for in my MH. I would not mind trading them to a NPC in Aht Urghan for my Cor AF2.

That is to say, if I particularly wanted cor af2.

the tie between ToAU af2 and dynamis areas has been proved false in the last fanfest : there was a specific question on toau relics and SE replied they wont drop in dynamis.
    I still agree with BRP suggestion but it seems it wont be so, sadly.

??? items dropping from rank10 assaults could do, but then you'd have some sort of black market since you can appraise items on a later time, even changing party members before you do so; it could turn into ppl shouting they're selling bodies and head pieces for millions.

Still, any solution different fron dynamis drops would just screw ppl out, and i'm wondering how many LS would handle it... members with full dynamis attendance and BLU/COR/PUP main finding out their items drop somewhere else, or worst are crafted? ugh.

I don't know what to expect though, and I don't believe SE had given it a lot of thought around the fanfest.

I wouldn't mind it being crafted partially like the ToAU first set, as long as SE learns a certain extent from how they introduced it the first time. Cor was pretty easy af-wise, but I know blus got screwed over in those initial couple weeks.

High level assault appraisals wouldn't be bad and I wouldn't mind paying assault points either. We already pay for salvage by feeding assault points to another npc, wouldn't be bad to do it that way. I'd like to work honestly for it.

Anything is possible, as far as I'm concerned.

Dice and rum
    Not necessarily in that order

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by JMunin
    Cor was pretty easy af-wise, but I know blus got screwed over in those initial couple weeks.
    Materials aside, there are 5748350315743105734170 BLUs out there and not anywhere near that many CORs. Just the number of BLUs alone would really hurt the sales of any materials they need.

Current numbers on Midgar:
    /sea all BLU -- 112
    /sea all COR -- 17

CORs could be anon, but probably not ~100 of them.

Maybe Kilusha will expand the synthesis items she offers in a coming update, items that would be required by the synthesis NPCs.
    After completing all my PUP AF, Dhima Polevhia (PUP AF crafts-cat) mentioned a long lost design of equipment that not even she knows how to make. Obviously a plug for future relic armor.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

If it is crafted, Einherjar reward (trade in Therion Ichor for the crafting materials) seems to make the most sense, with ToAU end content.

Maybe they'll truly add a final end game area and it'll somehow be procured from there... it would be odd not to have an Al'Taieu or Tu'lia equivalent.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

It's pretty obvious how to put it into dynamis.
    SE says: "DL is MAGIC! He can do anything."
    and just drop it in there.