Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Linkshell Community Beta     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Linkshell Community Beta

http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/topics/060609.html

The FINAL FANTASY XI Linkshell Community Beta Version is a new service that will be available to adventurers in the very near future! Now you will be able to communicate with your linkshell members from any location with Internet access!

Community Support Tools

Many tools are provided by the Linkshell Community to support the groups that adventurers have formed within the world of FINAL FANTASY XI. For example, members of a linkshell will have access to an exclusive message board, as well as an up-to-date list of current member information. The Linkshell Community will also provide a linkshell search function and a list of recently formed linkshells for each individual World.

Official Game Data

The character profiles displayed on the linkshell member lists will be directly connected to in-game data. Character information will be automatically updated at regular intervals, making it unnecessary for players to manually adjust their profiles. In addition to job levels and synthesis skills, other information such as current titles and mission ranks will also be displayed, allowing members to easily recruit for missions and plan events for their linkshell.

We will continue to add many more useful functions as the Linkshell Community evolves.

The Linkshell Community is an official SQUARE ENIX site;, however, please be cautious when registering your information on other FINAL FANTASY XI-related social networking sites. We hope this new service will help bring a new dimension to your life in Vana'diel!
    Actually...thats pretty cool and helpful. Auto-updating profiles? Fuck yeah!

Sounds like POL just took an idea from Vana'Guide.

But... it could prove useful. Is it supposed to be, like, AIM for FFXI?

Hmm sounds interesting, but most bigger shells (BG for instance haha) have websites that their members whore when they are at work or school or whatever. Going to be ultimately redundant for most.

Omni, your sig is funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilo
    Omni, your sig is funny.
    If only you knew. If only.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Glad to see they're at least doing something right. Hopefully they'll add a linkshell moghouse for renting out LS gear.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

wow this is actually amazing. LS forums and auto-updating profiles? Frigging hawt. It'll especially help LS's to see which toons still have acess to a pearl/sack after being kicked from the LS lol.

But yeah, totally hawt. Bout time they make something so nice :D

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn
    WoW Realm
    Shattered Hand

Not bad at all. My ToAU assault static makes use of the Group Chat function which is kind of gimp, but it works pretty well since I believe one member is PS2 only (no PC whatsoever).

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

I think the roster will be hot

But based on the performance of the FFXI website, I think the forums will be suck.

Degenxerate

Haha yeah ffxi website does suck but i think this has some potential. I played EQ2 for about 2 weeks when it forst came out and they had a feature just like this, it was the only cool thing about that game. You could manage the guild right from the site see the roster of ever member and i think officers could even kick people (not sure cause i wasnt one) without even being logged in.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

My linkshell already has a beautiful website and forum that several of the members worked very hard on. It's at http://soulfire.dnsalias.org. It's a very nice idea by SE however. Don't a lot of MMOs do this kind of thing already?

If the member profiles let me kick old pearls and give a list of everyone holding a pearl, even if not equipped, I'll be happy though.

I'd love to know who still holds pearls to my linkshell

For several months now, I've been meaning (and never getting around to it) to update the roster on my linkshell's forum... if this does it for me, woo!

Can't wait to see how this will pan out

Its nice that SE is making this feature I just wonder how they're going to retrieve the info from their main servers.

I also wonder how "real time" the data will be since this will obviously require a continous dataflow from the game servers to a webserver of some sort.

Perhaps an update once a day? I wonder how they're going to introduce different styles I can imagine different linkshells don't want their community page looking like everyone else's page.
    Maybe a PHPbb setup with different prefabricated coloring schemes and a banner that can be loaded with an image or something.

I hope they'll add the possibility of sharing moghouse / char info(gil) to private linkshell members through the website so linkshellmembers can check up on the lsbank etc.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

sounds pretty fucking awesome.

I wonder how they'll be handling people with multiple LSes. This isn't like WoW or DDO where you can only be in one LS at a time. Are they going to parse the player's inventory/Mog Safe/Storage/Mog Locker to know which LS forums you can access?

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn
    WoW Realm
    Shattered Hand

Quote Originally Posted by Kainsin
    I wonder how they'll be handling people with multiple LSes. This isn't like WoW or DDO where you can only be in one LS at a time. Are they going to parse the player's inventory/Mog Safe/Storage/Mog Locker to know which LS forums you can access?
    I'll feel violated when they find my dirty mags in my inventory.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Wow, this is surprising both in how good it sounds and how unexpected it is. The only reason I log into FF now is to talk to my linkshell once or twice a week,this could make that a bit easier.

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Re: Linkshell Community Beta

For example, members of a linkshell will have access to an exclusive message board..
    Wait..

So all it is, is a forum? Fuck that, if its not live chat with the ls this is the most pointless thing ever aside from the profiles.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

lol

gonna be nice to know which LS's are complete zerg LS's.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

This looks awesome. It would seriously be nice if they could impliment some sort of PlayOnline Instant Message client, though. It wouldn't be that hard and could probably even allow you to chat on your linkshell channel out-of-game.

If it's just a forum, that's nothing that great. Also, would you really want a forum run by SquareEnix themselves?...

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Aladwar
    chat on your linkshell channel out-of-game.
    That is what im looking for, if its just a stupid forum dedicated to just the linkshell.. SE needs to have some logical people work for them, ffs.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast