+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Pats/Colts     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Pats/Colts

1) Since there is hype everywhere else in the media, might as well create some here as well w/ the Football fans.
    2) I could just start a thread titled Championship Games, but the NFC is an afterthought, and this is the real Superbowl I think.

Anyway, I am very excited for this game. In the past few years these Colts/Patriots games are nothing short of amazing. While on paper it would seem like that the Colts would destroy the Patriots, I just do not see that happening. The only way I see the Colts winning this game is if it comes down to a field goal and Vinatieri wins it.. which is very possible. I still see the Pats winning this though.
    24-20 I see the score this way so that the Colts cannot tie/win on a Vinatieri field goal, and instead need Peyton to win it for them at the end w/ a field goal, which does not happen.

I also got a good laugh out of this from ESPN Writer Bill Simmons:
    "Vinatieri shanks the game-winning field goal, rips off his jersey to reveal a Pats jersey, then runs across to the Pats sideline and jumps into Belichick's arms as Jim Nantz screams "Noooooooooo! Noooooooooo!" and Peyton Manning breaks out the greatest Manning Face of all-time. Would I sacrifice three months of my life for this to happen? Yeah, probably."

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Re: Pats/Colts

Quote Originally Posted by Po
    2) I could just start a thread titled Championship Games, but the NFC is an afterthought, and this is the real Superbowl I think.
    Just like Michigan/OSU was the 'real' college football champsionship... oh shi...

Anyway, Colts ftw. Hard to say exactly why, but probably because the Pats secondary isn't going to be as physical as it has been in the past in beating the Colts. Indy rolled them once already this year.

It was never my stance about Mich/OSU... I was hoping Florida the whole way, but I don't want to get off topic.

Again I agree on paper, but intangibles play a big role in this match up I think.

Re: Pats/Colts

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Simmons
    "Vinatieri shanks the game-winning field goal, rips off his jersey to reveal a Pats jersey, then runs across to the Pats sideline and jumps into Belichick's arms as Jim Nantz screams "Noooooooooo! Noooooooooo!" and Peyton Manning breaks out the greatest Manning Face of all-time. Would I sacrifice three months of my life for this to happen? Yeah, probably."
    I would die a happy man to watch something like that.

Colts look good on paper, they always do. When it comes down to it though, the greatest, cluth, post-season qb, Tom Brady, will find a way to win it for the Pats again. While Manning will live up to his name and choke again and forever keep his title as the best regular season QB.

Also, unlike the BCS championship and the 2006 World Series, the favorite will win this Superbowl. The favorite is going to be the winner of the AFC Championship. I just don't see Bears or Saints matching up.

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

I just can't wait for the game. I really do like both teams, I just would like to see Peyton have a good game for once when it really counts in the postseason. Brady just gets it done regardless, and my gut says he will again...i just want it to be a good game.

If I had to pick it would be the pats, but I'd like to see Marvin/Peyton+co get rings this year.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Pats all the way! Belichick is a mastermind when it comes to figuring out and exposing the opposition. And you really can't gauge this game based on a regular season matchup. The Patriots team you see if the playoffs is 250% better than the team you watch in the regular season.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Colts

The Optimistic Asshole
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

Colts win....comfortably. 27-17 or something. This isn't the same patriots team from 2 and 3 years ago. So, you got the patriots in a down year, in a dome, when the defense has stepped their game up ten-fold, on the heels of a tom brady playoff flop.

Colts look good on paper, they always do. When it comes down to it though, the greatest, cluth, post-season qb, Tom Brady, will find a way to win it for the Pats again. While Manning will live up to his name and choke again and forever keep his title as the best regular season QB.
    Don't speak such blasphemy againt Joe Montana. As far as manning living up to his name...manning has probably 10 more season...it would be naive to think he isn't going to win a championship in the next 10 years.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Tyche
    Colts win....comfortably. 27-17 or something. This isn't the same patriots team from 2 and 3 years ago. So, you got the patriots in a down year, in a dome, when the defense has stepped their game up ten-fold, on the heels of a tom brady playoff flop.

Don't speak such blasphemy againt Joe Montana. As far as manning living up to his name...manning has probably 10 more season...it would be naive to think he isn't going to win a championship in the next 10 years.
    Pats > Colts 21 - 17

Blackice

I'm going out on a limb here and calling it Pats > Colts.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Colts 34-14. Their defense is playing like they've got something to prove and Peyton is due to get the Patriots Monkey off his back.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I like the Pats, and their amazing ability to pull out wins in the playoffs is nothing to scoff, but I'm going to go with the Colts for this one. Their defense really kicked things up a notch these last 2 games, and Peyton for the most part doesn't seem to be experiencing his post season chokes.

Should be a really good game regardless. Fox isn't carried in my area anymore so I can't see the NFC game, but it works out ok since this is the game I'm really excited about

Sanoske

I've been a Pats fan for as long as I can remember. They only time I ever care about football is when the Pats are playing. I rooted for them when no one thought they could beat the Rams. So I'm sticking by my team again this time.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

I haven't seen a single football game this season, but Pats have had an amazing run these last few years, I'm going to be rooting for them.

The Optimistic Asshole

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

Everyone picking the pats is because "well, they have done really well in the past, brady is 12-1 in the playoffs". New season, brady lost in the playoffs last season, a lot of the wins came from kicking, and when they beat indi, it was strictly from their safety's shutting down manning. Now, they don't have the safety's, nor do they have the kicker. Seriously, the pats aren't half the team they were 2 years ago. New kicker, weak safety's, and wide outs noone has ever heard of. Only reason they've gotten this far was because they played a jets team that they had experiance with, and because the chargers handed them their last game multiple times. Pats didn't win last weeks game, the chargers lost it.

Everyone picking the pats is because "well, they have done really well in the past, brady is 12-1 in the playoffs". New season, brady lost in the playoffs last season, a lot of the wins came from kicking, and when they beat indi, it was strictly from their safety's shutting down manning. Now, they don't have the safety's, nor do they have the kicker. Seriously, the pats aren't half the team they were 2 years ago. New kicker, weak safety's, and wide outs noone has ever heard of. Only reason they've gotten this far was because they played a jets team that they had experiance with, and because the chargers handed them their last game multiple times. Pats didn't win last weeks game, the chargers lost it.
    Basically how I see it, I don't really like the colts all that much but I'm still thinking and hoping they win it.

ExcaliMod
    Paper Towels? Who needs paper towels, Under the sink they go!

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I don;t think i need to post my opnion on the matter again

Demosthenes11

I think the patriots somehow winning is the point of it all. It's never pretty or glamorous, but they somehow ALWAYS get it done. You can't for some reason overlook tom brady's playoff record, because the main is absolute magic in the playoffs. When the patriots need a turnover, they get it. They need a gamewinning drive, they get it. They need a game winning stop, they get it. It's just the way they are and always have been.

Their secondary has always changed throughout the years as well. I was watching the 2001(02) superbowl the other night, and they have like, 3 of the same players. Tebucky Jones, Otis Smith, Lawyer Milloy, Ty Law, WHO ARE YOU. The wide receivers are the same way. A few years ago, would you have even heard of deion branch had they not won a superbowl? They do it with second rate players every year, and I don't see this year being any different. Their kicker also has been amazing this year so far, hopefully things won't change.

To the people saying "Peyton is bound to have a breakout game," isn't it also true their defense is bound to...you know...suck again? As easy it is for you to say the defense will play great and peyton will be his normal self, it is just as probable to say peyton will suck again and their defense will return to normal.

Don't hate the patriots, hate the game

Banned.

BG Level

Definitely hard to call if you arent biased, but no vinatieri fuck pats, hes the only reason i ever rooted for them anyways

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Gorefiend

pats